• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggest a name for my new baby

Well we have less than 10 days to go and we thought we had settled on a name but my wife is still undecided. :confused:

She likes names that are old and have meaning but aren't too common. This would be for a girl.

So if you have thought about names and are willing to suggest them I would appreciate it.

We are considering Halle or Hallie and Jade as a middle name. I like Adina also but the wife isn't crazy about it.

Hanna
Ella
Cadence

We are expecting our first in April and we've decided to name her "Cielle".

Ciel in French means "sky" so my wife added the "le" to make it a more feminine name. Its rare, we've never heard it before and it can't be abbreviated to be short for something.

Last edited:
Here's a few that were on our list (in fact if you search you can find a thread called vote for a name for my daughter or something along those lines :)).

Mikalah
Shelby
Morgan

We are expecting our first in April and we've decided to name her "Cielle".

Ciel in French means "sky" so my wife added the "le" to make it a more feminine name. Its rare, we've never heard it before and it can't be abbreviated to be short for something.

That is soooo cool, my sister's name is Cielo, which is spanish for sky too .... people LOVE her name, sounds also very very nice in french ... btw congrats on Cielle!

Oscar

Well we have less than 10 days to go and we thought we had settled on a name but my wife is still undecided. :confused:

She likes names that are old and have meaning but aren't too common. This would be for a girl.

So if you have thought about names and are willing to suggest them I would appreciate it.

We are considering Halle or Hallie and Jade as a middle name. I like Adina also but the wife isn't crazy about it.

Trudy
Gretchen

When we were having our only child and didn't yet know he was going to be a boy, I came up with "Elise". I was a big Lotus fan at the time and decided I'd subscribe to Colin Chapman's system of naming his cars with names starting with "E" (our son is "Ethan"). I figured with Elise, her nickname would be "Elle". Ethan is called by many as simply "E", like Eric on Entourage.

Anyway, congrats! When you find the right name, you'll both know it.... You just better hurry up and find it :smile:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I took some of the suggestions and sent them to the wife. :smile:

We named our first daughter Shayna btw which means beautiful in Yiddish.

I always liked the name Meredith, which is an uncommon name. I have only met 2 women with that name in my life.

If we hadn't had family history with the name we went with I think it would have been a prime contender.

P

I always liked the name Meredith, which is an uncommon name. I have only met 2 women with that name in my life.

If we hadn't had family history with the name we went with I think it would have been a prime contender.

P

Ever met an Ianthe or Kalendra? If so then you have met my two sisters. :)

We liked Ryan and was hoping for a girl but got a great son instead. ..Oh, we named him Ryan.

A good friend of mine's daughters names are Fallon and Carlee, both of which are quite unusual. Could also spell Carlee as Carly I suppose.

Back