• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggest a name for my new baby

depends on your last name alot...you want it to go well with it....

I like the way my daughters name sounds together
"Cassidy Christina Q ":cool:

Last edited:
For some odd reason, I have always liked girls names that when shorten to a nickname = a boys name.

Thus, if and when we have a girl, I will probably name her Alexis, so I can call her Alex.

The old version of that would be Alexandra, which is a pretty name as well. There are a bunch of "old" names out there like Mary, Sue, or Janette.

But, I suggest Alexandra, then call her Alex. :)

sierra is too trendy,stay with the solid classic names.

Congrats....
Our baby boy came out on the 26th. We named him Ayrton.

Some girl names:

Ella
Eva
Madison
Kirin

What about:

Alexis or Alexus

Orangejello - pronounced "Oran-gello"

Lemonjello - pronounced "Le-man-gello"

:biggrin:

Ella
Eva
Madison
Kirin

Congrats HTN! Is this your first?

I like Ella but very common now. We just don't want her to be amoung 3-4 others in class.

Eva is nice. I'll check it out. :cool:

Madison is fairly common still but I like it. It had the big boom after Splash.

Kirin is nice but I don't want a double K name. The last name is Kiplinger, which in itself narrows the name choice.

We like Layla a lot but it was #55 last year and climbing. :confused:

I guess I still like Halle or Hallie (like Sally). My wife's maiden name is Hall and it would be nice to carry it on in some way in her family. It could always be a middle name as well.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :smile:

Jessica or Caryl would be my choices.

We had our daughter almost 22 months ago and went with Tenli. I've only heard of three others with that name and spelling (one of which we knew). A co-worker of my wife told us one of the girls on the new Bachelor I believe is named Tenley, which is how most people think we spell our daughters name when you hear it spoken.

Elizabeth

Katherine

I've got a friend that used to work on the Unlimited Air racers.
Two of his kids are named Allison and Griffon. Both names of piston engines.
I was waiting for "Merlin" ;)

Whatever name you choose- make sure you can say it 500 times a day preceded with the words "no" or "don't" :wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::tongue::smile:

Whatever name you choose- make sure you can say it 500 times a day preceded with the words "no" or "don't"

Heh, I've got a 4 yr old now and she's been a very good kid but it takes a couple of years to begin to reason with them.

We both really like Eva. It works well with the last name as well.

Five days to go now :biggrin:

Heh, I've got a 4 yr old now and she's been a very good kid but it takes a couple of years to begin to reason with them.

We both really like Eva. It works well with the last name as well.

Five days to go now :biggrin:

I just finished a book (which I will need to reread a few times over) on how to deal with angry children (my son is often angry and frustrated which makes everyone around him angry and frustrated). It's going to be EXTREMELY hard to break some of my bad habits, one of which is saying no, dont, stop instead of telling them what you want them to do.

'Go find something else to play with', rather than 'dont play with that'. Obviously there's much more than that, but that's just one of many many bad habits I have.

I just finished a book (which I will need to reread a few times over) on how to deal with angry children (my son is often angry and frustrated which makes everyone around him angry and frustrated). It's going to be EXTREMELY hard to break some of my bad habits, one of which is saying no, dont, stop instead of telling them what you want them to do.

'Go find something else to play with', rather than 'dont play with that'. Obviously there's much more than that, but that's just one of many many bad habits I have.

Good advice- Seems like I may be on the wrong track, and could use to do that reading now! What is the title of that book?

P

g/f dana suggests..... brielle

What about Gia?

Btw, we have a 6 month old baby girl and named her Jeeya(Gia). My wife likes unique ethnic names - go figure.

Along the short ethnic girls name theme....Alma.

Back