• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharger and Stock Exhaust...friends?

Sig

Experienced Member
I was just reading through the BB SC section on the SOS site and saw a completey stock 91 used for performance gain benchmarks. How long will the 91 stock exhaust last with a supercharger? Chris if you could chime in specifically about the BBSC with stock exhaust I would appreciate it.

I realize that in regards to the BBSC, commenting is a bit theoretical due to how long it has been on the market. But, I am still interested in the comments.

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 23 January 2002).]

While not designed for use with forced induction, the stock exhausts seem to be very robust. They will not maximize your performance, however.

-- C

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

If a 3.0l will put 366 hp to the wheels with the BBSC, I am not too concerned with maximizing the performance further right away. With headers and exhaust, your car was getting 380rwhp. The additional cost of new or used headers/exhaust is not worth 14 rwhp to me. To each their own though. As stated, the longevity of the exhaust is more important to me. Has anybody run the stock exhaust with a SC for any significant period of time?

According to Mark Basch, the stock exhaust on the NSX will hold up just as well as aftermarkets with a supercharger. The talk about them blowing the baffles out is a myth. I have been running a comptech supercharger on my stock exhaust for a year and 7K miles with no problem. I am switching to a Taitec exhaust mostly for the improved sound.

Good Luck!

Back