• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

supra tt owners who own NSX

This inquiry is for Supra TT owners who have either traded in on NSX or have both cars.

I have 97 TT stock (except for exhaust). The car is very fast and the kick of the second turbo at about 5K always excites. Car has about 62K and I am the original owner.

I am too attached to the car however and backed out of an NSX last year because of this attachment. I test drove the X and the car just handled better and felt lighter. The Supra is heavy and the steering is numb. So I am back in the hunt again (partly because I made the mistake of taking a walk outside and saw a black X parked on the street- effing gorgeous- damn you NSX!!)

To the point: Those former Supra owners- any regrets with the NSX? Will I miss the turbo kick? I am close to pulling the trigger again- do not want to keep two cars.

Thanks in advance

Does MKIII count, because I had a 88 red one before? I loved it, but when I bought my first mid-engined car (MR2 and NSX,) it was all over. One word to describe mid-engined car in general: "Gorgeous."

I owned a 94 Supra, non-turbo.
While it did not have the power of the TT, I can say this :

I took my Supra to a dealership and test drove a 95 NSX years ago. I just loved the NSX's feel and handling. I wasn't driving all that hard, but fortunately the salesperson encouraged me to drived spiritedly. It was wonderful. What I now remember most vividly about that experience is when I drove away in my Supra and it felt like I was driving a Ford Taurus by comparison. I sat up so high in the Supra (comparatively) and the car felt so much heavier and non-racecar like.

Anyway, I have since sold that Supra and have owned 2 NSX's - both older than that Supra, but far better IMO.

I owned the Supra first (98 tt) followed by the NSX-T. I have posted my comments regarding the differences between the two cars in past so no need to repeat them. Bottom line is that I do miss the turbo kick and associated big torque feel. I also miss the six speed transmission. Have I considered getting another one since I got my NSX... nope.

Both cars are fantastic vehicles with different approaches to a common theme.

Back