• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SURVEY SAYS #2 ?????????

THE 1ST SURVEY WAS A CHOICE OF TRADING IN OUR
NSX FOR THE NEXT GEN NSX. BELIEVE ME THAT IS A TOUGH ONE. SURVEY #2, WOULD YOU TRADE YOUR
NSX FOR A USED FERRARI 355? THE REASON THIS IS A TOUGH CHOICE IS THAT THE FERRARI HAS MANY SIMILARITIES TO THE NSX IE. MID-ENGINE,
HIGH REVVING, AWESOME LOOKS, ETC. THE FERRARI HAS ADVANTAGES... ITS FASTER, MORE EXOTIC LOOKS, HERITAGE AND PRESTIGE. THE NSX ON THE OTHERHAND HAS ADVANTAGES ON COST OF SERVICE, RELIABILITY, A TRUNK THAT CAN FIT TWO GOLF BAGS, BETTER GAS MILEAGE, AND EASY TO DRIVE. IF IT CAME DOWN TO LOOKS I HAVE TO ADMIT THE FERRARI WINS; HOWEVER, IN THE OVERALL CATEGORY I BELIEVE THE NSX SQUEEKS BY
JUST BECAUSE OF ITS ABILITY TO OFFER MORE FEATURES THAT WE AS CAR ENTHUSIAST CAN ENJOY ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS. LIKE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS MATTER.

I never owned a Ferrari before, however my lucky friends whom are bothers has one each. F355 Spider and a 348. I rather have my NSX over the 348 anyday however that 355 is oh so sweet.

If it was as simple as putting the money down for the difference of the two cars. I would get the 355 in a heart beat. However, I know at least for me, that the insurance alone is like another car payment. And I probably won't be able to afford the service schedule. If money is no object then of course the Ferrari, if you are on a budget, the NSX. Thou i must say the NSX isn't really a sacrifice.

Guess it is human nature to always look for the next bigger and better thing
smile.gif
Good reminder why I wake up every morning and get ready for work.

T

If money was no object I'd trade for the Modena in a heart beat. (Hell I'd keep both!) I'm not sure I'd be happy with the 355 after being so spoiled with the NSX. Sure, it would be great initially but the increase in performance is minimal and the maintainence on the 355 is not worth the hassle. $500 oil changes? Not for me.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

Don't sell your cars.......Nsx's will be like those classic cars that we all wish we still had.. (ie. Superbird, '63 split window Vette, '67 GTO w/ 389 tripower, etc....) Hang on to 'em and you'll be the smart one 10 yrs from now. They'll never be worth less than 20K, and that's only for a short while before they appreciate back up.... My opinion only. Just get the Ferrari also after the NSX is paid for. 360 Modena all the way.

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

$500 OIL CHANGE IN THE FERRARI? SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY IS GETTING A GREASE JOB.

If that sounds bad, don't even ask how much a major service (like a 30,000 mile scheduled maintenance) costs. It's one of those things where "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."
smile.gif

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm keeping my NSX forever!!! When it came out, it made a huge impact. Cars like that do not simply fade away, especially those that weren't appreciated in their time.

That said, I wouldn't mind receiving a Ferrari 360 Spider as a gift...

...anyone?

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

nsxotic, you're right there is no question the 1st gen. NSX will be a collectors item, but how about the FERRARI 355 will it not go up too? It seems as though the pricing on the 91-94 NSX's have stabilized in price and
even might go up in price in a few years or so.

I completely agree with you that our cars will rise in price, especially after the next generation comes out. You and I seem to be the minority, but we are the right ones..
smile.gif
The Ferrari always holds strong but they all go through a severe depreciation before they suddenly rise (every other model) 355's are decreasing now, but the next Ferrari (after Modena) will spark a rise in the 355 again. We are trying to compare market price retention of a car that has one model to one that has over 70!!!!!!!! Having so many, Ferrari will suffer a bit more, but a great car with strong resale, no doubt. Also, the NSX holds the title for many firsts and when this is realized later when it is no longer available (hand-made, all aluminum, Japan's first supercar,etc.), the value will be adjusted accordingly. Ferrari 355 does not have these claims..... future NSX value would be better compared to the 'first' Ferrari, which is worth over 1 MILLION dollars.... all opinion only
wink.gif

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
$500 OIL CHANGE IN THE FERRARI? SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY IS GETTING A GREASE JOB.

If that sounds bad, don't even ask how much a major service (like a 30,000 mile scheduled maintenance) costs. It's one of those things where "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."
smile.gif

The 30,000 mile service for a Ferrari F355 can range from $3,500 - $5,000 depending on who you have do it. Compare that to the $500 you are likely spend for the same service on your NSX.

I actually had a 1999 Ferrari 355 on order before taking my deposit back and buying my 2000 NSX-T. I have never regreted my choice. I now routinely trounce Ferraris at the track and would much rather have a dependable, reliable, almost economical exotic like the NSX anyday over the rest of what is out there.

If you are buying for looks alone, then build a glass garage and buy a Ferrari so the neighbors will think you "have arrived"... in the meantime, I will enjoy DRIVING my NSX.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

Back