• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sway Bars/Tower braces

I'm interested in purchasing a set of sway bars possibly an rear brace (above the motor).
These in mind how much of a difference will they make?
Which brands would you suggest?
Cost's etc.?
I know this is somwhat of a subjective question,but based on the input I should be able to draw a conclusion.
Peace...

------------------

If you are referring to the rear shock tower brace, I just purchased/installed one from Dali Racing. I like the look but you have to
bend back the fuel injector bracket to install it. I had visions of kinking or snapping a fuel line while I did it but there's really nothing to it.

I honestly haven't pulled any serious lateral g's yet (still winter in IA) but it definately is a more substantial piece than the OEM bar so I suspect it will help.

I doubt if you'll notice any changes in stiffness with the braces. Switching from steel to aluminum is strictly cosmetic (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Dali Racing has some beautiful strut braces and I want his new one for Targas.

S.L. Henry

OK,
with all that said about the tower brace.
1-What do you think about the various anti-sway bars that are offered?
2-isn,t there any anti-sway bars on the car already.
3-or are the after market one just pretty much a weight reduction and cosmetical upgrade?

------------------

1-if you are planning to race, probably worth looking into.
2-yes
3-not a weight reduction but definately a cosmetic improvement.

MYNSX, you should first research what a anti-sway bar does, then ask the question again.
If you will be going to the track a lot, Dali's Track or Street/Track bar should be fine.
His bars are 4-way adjustable, so you can soften them up for wet track use.

-Kenji

Originally posted by JimK:
1-if you are planning to race, probably worth looking into.
2-yes
3-not a weight reduction but definately a cosmetic improvement.

He meant ant-sway bars, so number #3 is no and no, unless you frequent the under side of the car. They are purely a performance item, and yes your car does have them but "upgrade" units are stiffer and adjustable.

Back