• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec gtlw vs jgtc parallel

what part did not fit?

I've seen a few people with GTLW's that are kinked, such that one exhaust tip sits lower than the other one. Not sure it if it was just a batch of them, or they were using the wrong adapter pipes, or what... But it's really noticable with the '02 rear valance because one tip will be basically touching the valance, while the other hangs too low.

we often see used exhausts selling to folks who are not up on all the nuances of aftermarket parts..and adapters are wrong, the parts are installed half ass...as Joe has said many times most parts can be made to fit,unless they or the car are bent.I've heard about the asymetric tip issue esp with the tunnel like 02 valance....similar issues with the dual tubi......

I've tried out the GTLW, sounded good, but since it didn't fit right, i returned it to seller.
Been wanting to hear the JGTC live in person, hopefully some locals have one i can hear.

Im running a JGTC, Stock headers with Angus resonators on a C30a im in Killeen, If I ever make a trip to Dallas i'll let you know

The exhaust sounds really good.. Little to no drone. Its not too loud as long as I stay off the throttle. My only complaint which isnt the exhaust fault but it sounds like its begging to rev higher. Its starts to really come alive in the upper RPM range.

what part did not fit?

I installed it on my '91 with cantrell/sos adaptors & test pipes. For some reason, after loosening all the bolts & try to re-adjust, it still went 1 1/2" to the right.
I even went as far as putting it on a jig I fabbed up base off the stock 91 exhaust & it didn't even fit my jig. It appears that the lower flange (u pipe) is 1/4 " too long . Could just be a bad batch from Taitec.

I've seen a few people with GTLW's that are kinked, such that one exhaust tip sits lower than the other one. Not sure it if it was just a batch of them, or they were using the wrong adapter pipes, or what... But it's really noticable with the '02 rear valance because one tip will be basically touching the valance, while the other hangs too low.
I also tried it with my stock cats & it still off, so Yes a bad batch indeed.

Im running a JGTC, Stock headers with Angus resonators on a C30a im in Killeen, If I ever make a trip to Dallas i'll let you know

The exhaust sounds really good.. Little to no drone. Its not too loud as long as I stay off the throttle. My only complaint which isnt the exhaust fault but it sounds like its begging to rev higher. Its starts to really come alive in the upper RPM range.

I will take you up on it & would be great to compare with my new protoype side by side...

Last edited:
I have the Taitec GTLW together with the Taitec headers and I love the sound.

The weight saving is significant, but I have to admit the exhaust is slightly off-set to the right, looking from the rear. I have the 02 lower valence and it is easy to see. However, it doesn't bother me too much though :)

As said, I like the sound, but now, with the CTSC it can get VERY loud. Not that I don't mind that too much since the sound in the cabin is less than on the outside, but the NSX tends to draw even more attention now than before.
I have no issues with droning though and the quality is excellent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBpWCAMRAt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my gt ltwt

GTLW w/ CT headers and straight pipes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kI_iD5kttjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had a drone issue with the GTLW until I did the RDX injector upgrade and that eliminated the drone at cruising speeds.

Kinda late to chime but i'll do it anyway.
We regularly have GTLW's and JGTC here i haven't encountered the fitment issues. (maybe we where lucky in never getting that batch)

I recall hearing and seeing a chart once showing the JGTC producing more torque (due to much longer pipe lengths)

I have a GTLW fitted with Angus hfc(pictured below) The fitment is pretty much spot on horizontally and vertically. It does drone a little if you are at half throttle between 2.5-3k rpm but on the motorway at 70-80mph there is no drone whatsoever!

View attachment 100664

Last edited:
Here's my GTLW.... Seibon valence and F1 light w/controller relay.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3_vp7dnqHKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I really like that third break light and the intermittent blinking feature, is that accomplished with the use of the controller you mentioned you bought on eBay?
really nice set up.

Good reading and info!

thinking I should try the ARC Titanium or JGTC....who sells these, are there different versions for the 2002+ cars? I plan to retain my OEM cats or get some HFC's but no test pipes.

Back