• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS Button - Can't turn off

Went to have my car smogged this afternoon. We couldn't turn the TCS off and I can't get the smog test done.

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

Went to have my car smogged this afternoon. We couldn't turn the TCS off and I can't get the smog test done.

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

Pull the parking brake up one notch so the light is on. That will disable the TCS so you can smog. After that you need to check the TCS button to see if its connected.

Yes, unplug the control unit but I would not recommend doing that. The NSX with its mid-engine design will come around faster then you can catch it. The TCS will give you a tank slap recovery but you will not end up in the curb or another car.

Pull the parking brake up one notch so the light is on. That will disable the TCS so you can smog. After that you need to check the TCS button to see if its connected.

Thanks Brian. Much appreciated.

Doug

I tried that. The only thing that happens is the the brake light comes on. The TCS light doesn't come on.:confused:

I have to get my smog done. I am already overdue.

Thanks

You gotta drive the car for about a minute at over 50 mph (IIRC) with the parking brake in that position. It'll also disable the ABS.

Finally figured that out. I didn't have to drive over 50 mph but I did have to drive about a mile or a mile and a half. You're right, the TCS and the ABS were both disabled. Once it was disabled I drove over to the "Smog Only" station and got it done. So I don't need your guy in Los Gatos Ken. Thanks.

Thanks to all.

Doug

I had this same problem a couple of months ago when I tried to get smog done. Turns out there was just a loose/poor connection with the switch; Ramon at Niguel Motors fixed that in no time and all is well! (I rarely ever turn off/on TCS).

Back