• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Teaser-IMPORT FEVER & 20th NSX anniversary at Nurburgring

I'm sorry to have to say this ..... but I think this was a missed opportunity :mad:
55 NSX-es at the Nürburgring, but NO organisation, NO communication ... no nothing :confused:
I was happy to have seen so many NSX-es being gathered in one event, I was sad to lost a whole day just standing there.
Since everybody was talking for such a long time about this event, I think my expectations were too high.
I brought 1.000 euro to spend on NSX-goodies .... but what was there to spend ??????
I will get a lot of critisism for my critisism, I know .... but I had to say this :redface:

I am sorry to have to say this, but I fully agree with Eric. :frown:

Having been a member of several carclubs for about 30 years now, also having been a commitee member and having (co)organised meetings several times, I know it is very easy to critisize and for this reason I am somewhat holding back but things were absolutely not what I as attending member had expected. I will not get into too much detail, but things went wrong in a lot of ways IMHO.

Just one example: when getting to the saturday evening dinner restaurant, (a little late, about 19.20H) I expected to see someone from the organisation to welcome people and telling them where to go, how things would go.
Instead we found Mr Hirofumi at the entrance by himself, looking somewhat lost and puzzled, seemingly not knowing what to do/ where to go.

Luckily my friend knew him from previous NSX events so said hello and asked him to follow us inside as we intended to find out where all the people were.
We then found out quite a large group was already inside and was already starting the dinner, seemingly without anyone of the organisation keeping track of who was or wasn't there yet.
I am just expressing my own opinion at this point, but knowing a bit how hospitality in asia works, the way we that found Mr. Hirofumi by himself, not being accompanied by someone from the organisation was very embarassing, this would NEVER happen to a european visitor were we as guest to visit a meeting in Japan.:mad:
As the reserved restaurant space already was almost full with not enough places left to take the late comers like us, we had to arrange places with the restaurant people ourselves, ending up in a different room at seperate tables.
And this is just one of the things that in my opinion could/should have happend differently.

I do applaud the organisers for arranging this meeting and I believe their intentions were all good, but somewhere along the way a lot of things were left undone/went wrong, causing a lot of irritation with the attending members.
We still had a reasonably nice weekend due to the good company of several members, but it was a lot different from what we were expecting...:redface:

Last edited:
Thank you to all the organizers for the great weekend I spent with you!

Many beautiful NSX :rolleyes:

Can you tell me where I can have pictures of cars with babes?

Merci :wink:

Just one example: when getting to the saturday evening dinner restaurant, (a little late, about 19.20H) I expected to see someone from the organisation to welcome people and telling them where to go, how things would go.
Instead we found Mr Hirofumi at the entrance by himself, looking somewhat lost and puzzled, seemingly not knowing what to do/ where to go.

Luckily my friend knew him from previous NSX events so said hello and asked him to follow us inside as we intended to find out where all the people were.
We then found out quite a large group was already inside and was already starting the dinner, seemingly without anyone of the organisation keeping track of who was or wasn't there yet.

WHAT?! WTF! Please tell me that's not true.
Did they leave Hirofumi waiting out in the desert while the people inside started dinner?!!! What a shame! :( There are no excuses for this after claiming that Hirofumi should just buy a ticket and the organiser does the rest. :(

At this point, let me point out that hfg claims himself being the president of the European NSX Club. Well, he is but there are near to no members in that club. I'm certainly not part of it and most of the NSX drivers aren't either. hfg was part of the www.hondansx.de -forum until he left it (by part of my decision). Let me point out that http://www.nsxhonda.de (of hfg and Hong) has nothing to do with our forum www.hondansx.de where I'm part of. Just to clear things up. Looks like a real disaster. Sorry to see this. No wonder, the track pics showed only 17 cars instead of 55. :(

Please tell me that this was not the 20th birthday of the NSX. What a shame!

Last edited:

I hope september 5th, at TT-Circuit Assen, we can have a second chance to do it better, and gather some nice NSX-es there.
I'm sure Dimer and the Dutch crew will arrange something special for us at this "Japanese Car Festival". They can count on me if they need some help in any way :wink:

WHAT?! WTF! Please tell me that's not true.
Did they leave Hirofumi waiting out in the desert while the people inside started dinner?!!! What a shame! :( There are no excuses for this after claiming that Hirofumi should just buy a ticket and the organiser does the rest. :(

At this point, let me point out that hfg claims himself being the president of the European NSX Club. Well, he is but there are near to no members in that club. I'm certainly not part of it and most of the NSX drivers aren't either. hfg was part of the www.hondansx.de -forum until he left it (by part of my decision). Let me point out that http://www.nsxhonda.de (of hfg and Hong) has nothing to do with our forum www.hondansx.de where I'm part of. Just to clear things up. Looks like a real disaster. Sorry to see this. No wonder, the track pics showed only 17 cars instead of 55. :(

Hirofumi did come later at the dinner when every one was already there i'm not sure if he was waiting outside since i was already in quite early.

Let's hope he head a good time since he did fly 24hrs

I hope september 5th, at TT-Circuit Assen, we can have a second chance to do it better, and gather some nice NSX-es there.
I'm sure Dimer and the Dutch crew will arrange something special for us at this "Japanese Car Festival". They can count on me if they need some help in any way :wink:
Yes we ll do our best to get every thing as smooth as possible.

Sounds interesting. A 20th birthday event of the NSX deserved a better organised meeting. It needs more people than two unprofessionals. But this is not the right thread to discuss it.

Hello,I 'am pleased to been a part of event and very happy to meet some new
friends from different country's especially Mr.Hirofumi(who was my co driver at
Ring).I seen some holes in meeting organization but how this was my first time on Nurburgring to my time passed quite fast(whit Manolis help).It was a long trip for me but it wort it.
P.S. Hainz and Adnan thanks for pics and video,it would be good to see some more.

Last edited:
For me it was a very nice event too! Never saw so many nice nsx before, never met so many different nsx-drivers from so many different countries before and never drove my nsx on the nürburgring nordschleife before...

I also had a full program the whole day and never felt like not knowing what to do with my time. Ok, but honestly I was not standing the whole day on the parking-area in front of my car waiting for somebody who comes to me and tells me where on the nürburgring-area the special events and attractions are :wink:

At the beginning of the meeting it was very nice to just stand there and watching all the nsx coming to the area together. Then of course taking pictures and talking about several nsx-owners never met before. It was very interesting discussing with all the nsx-owners there or just listen to discussions between other nsx-drivers and enjoying the dB-contest. After that I walked around with Sandro and was able to see all the drag-race cars and their owners preparing for the drag-races. There were also many other interesting cars which were waiting to be driven at the nordschleife. Then we went to the drag-races, which were also quite impressive. At the nürburgring-boulevard there was the possibility to visit shops, showrooms and the nürburgring-museum. Unfortunately the rollercoaster was not yet finished (should be ready by end of 2010). Then in the afternoon the whole nordschleife (turn 11 of the tourist-drives) was reserved just for nsx-drivers. So there was the possibility to drive for half an hour on the nürburgring just with other nsx... historically feeling like a little Senna… :biggrin: IMO a quite exclusive event. I really enjoyed racing on the nordschleife and the whole trip was even because of this experience worth every euro. This race-track is sooo impressive... unbelievable what the germans built there 80 years ago! Before we went to the nordschleife again with the nsx taking some pictures we drove a little bit around the race-track seeing other drivers racing their cars as hell. Around the whole nordschleife there are many lookout-points from where you can see the track. Then finally in the late afternoon the whole nordschleife was reserved AGAIN especially for us and we were able to stop at different points to take pictures and walk around by feet on one or maybe THE most impressive, famous and dangerous race-tracks in the world.

I’ll post some pictures later on today…

For me it was a very nice event too! Never saw so many nice nsx before, never met so many different nsx-drivers from so many different countries before and never drove my nsx on the nürburgring nordschleife before...

I also had a full program the whole day and never felt like not knowing what to do with my time. Ok, but honestly I was not standing the whole day on the parking-area in front of my car waiting for somebody who comes to me and tells me where on the nürburgring-area the special events and attractions are :wink:

At the beginning of the meeting it was very nice to just stand there and watching all the nsx coming to the area together. Then of course taking pictures and talking about several nsx-owners never met before. It was very interesting discussing with all the nsx-owners there or just listen to discussions between other nsx-drivers and enjoying the dB-contest. After that I walked around with Sandro and was able to see all the drag-race cars and their owners preparing for the drag-races. There were also many other interesting cars which were waiting to be driven at the nordschleife. Then we went to the drag-races, which were also quite impressive. At the nürburgring-boulevard there was the possibility to visit shops, showrooms and the nürburgring-museum. Unfortunately the rollercoaster was not yet finished (should be ready by end of 2010). Then in the afternoon the whole nordschleife (turn 11 of the tourist-drives) was reserved just for nsx-drivers. So there was the possibility to drive for half an hour on the nürburgring just with other nsx... historically feeling like a little Senna… :biggrin: IMO a quite exclusive event. I really enjoyed racing on the nordschleife and the whole trip was even because of this experience worth every euro. This race-track is sooo impressive... unbelievable what the germans built there 80 years ago! Before we went to the nordschleife again with the nsx taking some pictures we drove a little bit around the race-track seeing other drivers racing their cars as hell. Around the whole nordschleife there are many lookout-points from where you can see the track. Then finally in the late afternoon the whole nordschleife was reserved AGAIN especially for us and we were able to stop at different points to take pictures and walk around by feet on one or maybe THE most impressive, famous and dangerous race-tracks in the world.

I’ll post some pictures later on today…
Indeed you can't go wrong with 60 NSX'es + Nurburgring :biggrin:

img_3053_1279618847.jpg
img_3038_1279618806.jpg

I would like to thank Heinz, Hong, Adnan and others for the big effort they made last weekend.

I know organizing something like this is very very difficult and everything can't be perfect.

I hope they will all help on the next event considering they now have more experience with these kinds of things now.

When you think about it, it started out to be with only a few NSXes and it ballooned into the biggest NSX meeting in Europe ever imagined! Absolutely unbelievable to see that many NSXes in one place! If only the Ring people had been a bit more helpful to us, then everybody would have been able to be on the track at the same time and know what was going on.

I feel for the people who came from so far away to drive on the Ring. To those people I say come again during a normal opening day!

You will see a very nice atmosphere where everything runs smoothly and you can drive the Ring properly and enjoy the enthusiasm.

For me, I found that everybody was so friendly and the weather was nice! Thanks.:smile:

PS: and thanks to Philip for washing my rear right wheel! Wow!:eek:

Last edited:
When you think about it, it started out to be with only a few NSXes and it ballooned into the biggest NSX meeting in Europe ever imagined!

that was also the reason why the restaurant "PISTENKLAUSE" was not able to get all people in the same room. the dinner was originally planned and reserved for about 20 people. as at the end there were more than 50 people, there was not enough place in the same room for everybody.

Hey gold, mir wuerd es richtig spass machen dich zu verpruegel :biggrin:
von nichts eine Ahnung haben, aber schoen mitreden und sachen reininterpretieren, von denen du keine Ahnung hast.

Hirofumi wurde bestens unterhalten.
Mehr brauch man nicht zu sagen.

Please do not cry, because I was threating you.

In general the feedback of Import Fever was nice.

Fact is that 55 NSX owners and JDM dirvers all over Europe came together at one place and most of them had a good time.
At least there were 250 cars registered from my team. That number is okay.

Sure, some activities should be planned better.
But it is learning by doing.

I will learn from gold-nsx maybe in the future :cool:

But it is learning by doing.
You should have learned before doing. :D

Hey gold, mir wuerd es richtig spass machen dich zu verpruegel
von nichts eine Ahnung haben, aber schoen mitreden und sachen reininterpretieren, von denen du keine Ahnung hast.
Looks like your oral arguments have been lost somewhere over the rainbow. :D You'd better concentrate on organising events better than offering a fight you'll lose anyway. :)

It may not have been the best organized event. However, it brought people and cars together, in the end that is what really matters, IMHO.
Plus, I got a free lap on the ring.
Thanks for the pics guys and please post more, since I'm no good on either side of a camera.

First of all, it was VERY NICE to see SO MANY NSX's together :)

This was certainly the biggest NSX-gathering we have seen in Europe ever !!

The organization could indeed have been better, but perhaps the people who did the organizing had never done something like this before. And perhaps they did not realize just how much people would be coming.

But still I had a great time if not for the event itself than at least because of the beautiful scenery around the Ring which makes for very good and nice driving.

I think it was very unfortunate NOT to see some people like GoldNSX, Greenberet and others whom I would have like to talked to about our favourite car. Our group of NSX-owners is small enough as it is and i think it should also be mature enough to put aside their differences and not split itself up in factions.

The majority of people who attended came to have a good time with other NSX-owners and that is the most important thing.
I will post some picures later.

For those who are interested, there will be a great Japanese car festival at the TT racetrack in Assen, Netherlands on September 5th.
And of course we will try to get as many NSXes together as possible :smile:

Nice pics, thanks! Is there a group-picture of all owners, this would be very nice?

Hello to all NSXers,

I have returned to Japan on Monday evening safely.
I want to say thank you very much to all of you,
especially to Hong, Heinz, Sandro from Croatia and young guy from Swiss.

I enjoyed alot and was impressed with your organization and enthusiasm to NSX.
This was first time to attend to celebrate NSX 20th anniversary for me.
American owners will celebrate in Las Vegas on October
and we Japanese will do at Suzuka on November.
2010 is special year for NSX lovers.

Personally I will stay again Amsterdam(3 nights), Paris(3 nights)
and Helsinki(1 night) with my family on September.
Could you send me PM any good place or restaurant(not expensive and good taste)
where we must to visit? My wife and son are not intersted in automobile:wink:.

Very best regards,
Hirofumi

Hi Hirofumi, nice to hear that you came back safely to Japan! We all have to thank you travelling all the long way to Germany!
It was very nice to meet you.... and maybe we'll see us in November again... :smile:
Thanks again,
Manolis (young guy from swiss)

PS: I'm sorry, but I can't give you special recommendations. I was just once in Amsterdam, I think it was in the "Hotel ibis Amsterdam Centre" not so expensive and for my expectations it was good... it's right in the centre of Amsterdam near to the train-mainstation.

Back