• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tein mono flex with edfc active gps

Hey Prime,

i recently just ordered the Tein Mono Flex coilovers with EDFC active GPS kit for my 92' NSX. I am excited to see how well it performs along with the insane amount of fine tuning you can do with this all new edfc active GPS kit.

Curious if anyone has the setup or knows anyone using the edfc active GPS kit an if so, how well do you like it? Pros and cons

No clue, but that is soooo coool! Maybe gimmicky thou.

Same setup I'm going to order here in the next month or so ... follow up once you get them installed and how the EDFC Active is treating you!
Who'd you end up ordering them through?

Same setup I'm going to order here in the next month or so ... follow up once you get them installed and how the EDFC Active is treating you!
Who'd you end up ordering them through?

Sweet! I will defiantly keep you guys posted as I am probably the first to have the edfc GPS active on the forum (active members)

my buddy owns Rush Garage that gets Tein parts wholesale through motivicity, so I got a killer deal on the suspension setup.

I drove a car with the standard edfc......all it is is a little servo motor on each damper adjustment screw,which saves you the trouble of turning it yourself with the tool.

I drove a car with the standard edfc......all it is is a little servo motor on each damper adjustment screw,which saves you the trouble of turning it yourself with the tool.

Yes, but this one is much different and a lot better. A ton of fine tuning can be done with a touch of a button with many different damping settings. Most struts have 16way. This can offer to 64ways along with 10 different setups and with the GPS kit it now has the capability to change the struts simontaniously when going in and out of turns, accelerating and decelerating from g-forces etc! Very cool. new technology!

Hey Prime,

i recently just ordered the Tein Mono Flex coilovers with EDFC active GPS kit for my 92' NSX. I am excited to see how well it performs along with the insane amount of fine tuning you can do with this all new edfc active GPS kit.

Curious if anyone has the setup or knows anyone using the edfc active GPS kit an if so, how well do you like it? Pros and cons

U tracking ur car on a smooth surface and driving on smooth public roads.

If not, good luck with the horrible droop.

Hence why I sold mines and went KW V3.

You can attach whatever active control system to turn that knob you'd like... If you attached it to a mediocre damper you will still have mediocre damping.

With that said, I am very interested in retrofitting the Active EDFC on my DG5 coilovers.

- - - Updated - - -

The Tein Flex and Monoflex line for the NSX is super mediocre. It's too bad no one has tuned the Tein SRCs to the NSX. Now those are pretty badass.

I'm no engineer but would'nt you need the fancy electro magnetic rehostatic dampers to really have a split second active suspension like magna ride.remotely turning a screw on a convential damper even constantly is still a slow proccess.

It's too bad no one has tuned the Tein SRCs to the NSX. Now those are pretty badass.

Regan,

You can talk more with Mark about this, but actually there are a few NSX's with the SRC's (or N1's) running around.

Back before KW's became such a hit, Mark, Jim, and I were testing KSport's identical Tein N1 damper - the Circuit Pro.

Funny how everyone bashed the "cheap Asian coilovers," but mine have never leaked in all these years and miles... unlike a lot of KW's on NSX's that I've seen :rolleyes:

That being said, I would like to have some JRZ's for mine!

Tein SRC, or N1:
modp_0912_07_o%2Bdecember_2009_mod_gear%2Btein_evasive_s2000_spec_src_coilover_kit.jpg

KSport Circuit Pro:
ksport-tuned-nissan-350z-30.JPG

Regan,

You can talk more with Mark about this, but actually there are a few NSX's with the SRC's (or N1's) running around.

Back before KW's became such a hit, Mark, Jim, and I were testing KSport's identical Tein N1 damper - the Circuit Pro.

Funny how everyone bashed the "cheap Asian coilovers," but mine have never leaked in all these years and miles... unlike a lot of KW's on NSX's that I've seen :rolleyes:

That being said, I would like to have some JRZ's for mine!

Tein SRC, or N1:

KSport Circuit Pro:
Wow, that's awesome. I had no idea these were being developed at some point and that you were involved. Perhaps you may have mentioned to me in the past. I would have like to have been involved in that development process otherwise :)

I've been in an S2000 and a BRZ with SRCs. If tuned properly, they are nothing short of amazing. I've really began to have a lot of respect for critically tuned dampers. It's unfortunate, that it's difficult to quantify what makes a good damper otherwise, we'd all know better (including myself).

Last edited:
Mac Attack,

Mines never leaked after 100k miles when I made the swtiched.

They just started to making rattling noises to make my NSX feel like it has Italian soul and the worse part that just killed it for me with my added power........ the horrible droop.

I would go WOT on the freeway, hit a rough spot on the road and now I have a ski boat jumping up on the waves.

The front wheel would just hope off the ground half just enough so that I don't have any contact patch going freeway speeds. Scared the bejesus outta me...

Of course all of my NSX friends egged me on so they can pick up the parts outta my NSX while I'm bleeding from a wreck.

Explain this "droop" you guys are referring to.

rc-tuning-droop.jpg

F1 and most track dedicated cars have no little droop. It's fine on a perfectly flat surface.

Great when you want to jack up the car. Blows on uneven surfaces at speeds.

Ever heard people with lowered cars being on 3 wheels from going up and down some significant gradient/angle change? That's low droop.

rc-tuning-droop.jpg

F1 and most track dedicated cars have no little droop. It's fine on a perfectly flat surface.

Great when you want to jack up the car. Blows on uneven surfaces at speeds.

Ever heard people with lowered cars being on 3 wheels from going up and down some significant gradient/angle change? That's low droop.

Thanks for explanation. I would mostly be on smooth surfaces as I won't go fast on any type of road etc, but is it THAT bad droop? I have a lowered del sol on tokico blue struts and ground control coilovers with GC extended top hats i drive ever so often and only get the droop/3wheel deal when pulling in my gmals very steep driveway at an angle.

Ur del sol setup is way better than the Teins.

I have Koni yellows with GC in the FD and didn't have any issue with droop.

As a matter of fact the word droop didn't mean shit until I had the Teins that came with the NSX when I bought it from my friend. I just couldn't figure out why the NSX handled like shit on public roads at freeway speeds.

I've not experienced any "poor handling" issues with my Tein RA's and I would think that they'd have more droop than the Monoflex would, considering the separate height and preload settings that the RA doesn't have. They have a fair amount owheel travel when I raise the car in the air, but they drive better than my stock suspension did.

Back