• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Temp gauge acting FUNNY!!! needs HELP!!!!!

i have a 1994 5 speed, i know that its common for nsx to take up to 15 minutes for reach to operating temperature. but i recently noticed that after my temp gauge drops when i start driving and will go alll the way down to the lowest point, and slowly comes back up to the middle when i stop and let it idle.
does this happen to anyone?
1. does not seem like the thermostat is stuck open because if so will stay in either hot or cold.
2. i dont think its the temp sensor because it will either work or not work.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

When my thermostat failed, it was not binary. It would work some times and not others, with no apparent pattern. It's really cheap to just replace it and find out...

Mine was doing the exact same thing. It ended up getting worse and eventually just stopped working altogether. My car is off the road and I will be looking into it in the next couple weeks. Will let you know if I find anything. Pretty sure it's gonna be the temp sender.

any updates on this? this seems to happen on cold days for me. i warm it up and then drive it and it drops then starts to come back up.. after about 30 minutes of driving it will stay in the middle. thanks!

Back