• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Temped by a 512TR today

garthed said:
Going over 65 is also illegal and dangerous so I guess all us NSX owners better go exactly the speed limit or we will be call fags for doing 70.

The basic Speed Law in California basically allow you to go over the speed limit base on the traffic flow, I guess everyone in California are fags... Such a harsh and racist term... Let's all trade our NSX in and buy a Yugo... Top speed cannot achieve the speed limit.

Call me immature and giving into temptation then. :)

I was temped to buy a NSX and that is really not the most mature or practical car out there.

I guess when I grow up I will buy a Mini van, not a lot to temp me there and I guess that will make me mature. Dodge Caravan here I come.

Lighten up the guy did not post that he races every street racer in there blinged out civic. He wanted to see how his NSX matched up against a 512 to second gear.

To each his own I guess.

garthed said:
Call me immature and giving into temptation then. :)

I was temped to buy a NSX and that is really not the most mature or practical car out there.

I guess when I grow up I will buy a Mini van, not a lot to temp me there and I guess that will make me mature. Dodge Caravan here I come.

Lighten up the guy did not post that he races every street racer in there blinged out civic. He wanted to see how his NSX matched up against a 512 to second gear.

To each his own I guess.

You will be happy with a Caravan, I hear they are well made. :biggrin:
I don't recall saying that he races Civics though or he makes a habit of street racing period. However, it only takes one time to ruin your life or the life of some innocent person next to you when you decide to show off. :rolleyes:
You say that you were tempted to buy an NSX because it wasn't mature or the most practical car, yet you are on an NSX forum and going to say things like that. Get real.

92NSX said:
I would call that immature and giving into temptation.

that is really going out on a limb there. just about all cars are smaller than an SUV.

How so? Just because he does, he should be allowed to do such foolish and dangerous behavior?

You do realize he said that the speed limit was 50mph and he was doubling that. And there was other traffic around, not exactly a deserted road.

I'm always amazed by the argument about how dangerous speed is. He said he went through 2 gears, which made top speed right at 80 mph in a 50 zone. An SUV doing 60 (or even 50) is much more dangerous to surrounding traffic than an NSX going 80. No one would glance twice at an SUV going 10 over. Just wanted to get in 2 cents worth....

rbirling said:
I'm always amazed by the argument about how dangerous speed is. He said he went through 2 gears, which made top speed right at 80 mph in a 50 zone. An SUV doing 60 (or even 50) is much more dangerous to surrounding traffic than an NSX going 80. No one would glance twice at an SUV going 10 over. Just wanted to get in 2 cents worth....

He actually said 89 in a 50. So you are right, he wasn't quite doubling the speed but was very close.
So you think an SUV doing the speed limit is more dangerous than a NSX doing 35-40 mph over the limit?? Cmon now, get serious.
Why do we continue to harp on what an SUV is like, or not noticing it or something? Neither one of the careless drivers were in one but rather exotic sports cars trying to one up each other.

I need to get real? Tell me how a NSX is a mature or a practical car? I do not think that there are many NSX owners on NSX prime that would say they bought their NSX to be mature and practical. Maybe I'm wrong and the Mini van owners are having all the fun. Well I guess there is more room to have fun in one.

The NSX is fun and exciting with the hint of danger that comes from driving a sports car. That's also why people go to the track with the car. Not because its mature or practical. Its fun testing the limits of the car and that is dangerous.

The NSX was made as an exotic sports car made for the street. Most people will never take it to the track and experience the cars capabilities on the street. I am not advocating street racing but having a little fun in your sports car is another issue.

garthed said:
I need to get real? Tell me how a NSX is a mature or a practical car? I do not think that there are many NSX owners on NSX prime that would say they bought their NSX to be mature and practical. Maybe I'm wrong and the Mini van owners are having all the fun. Well I guess there is more room to have fun in one.

The NSX is fun and exciting with the hint of danger that comes from driving a sports car. That's also why people go to the track with the car. Not because its mature or practical. Its fun testing the limits of the car and that is dangerous.

The NSX was made as an exotic sports car made for the street. Most people will never take it to the track and experience the cars capabilities on the street. I am not advocating street racing but having a little fun in your sports car is another issue.

Well I would like to think that the vast majority of owners are mature people. Because they bought them based on research, reliability, brand association, looks, desire, thrill, and to fullfil a long time dream. I didn't say they bought the cars to become mature and practical but rather are. Lots of owners use them as a daily driver so they would consider them practical. I doubt the percentage of other exotic owners can say the same.
Why do you say there is a hint of danger in driving one? Maybe because other drivers look at you and not pay attention to driving?
I have never tracked my car and don't plan on it. I also don't street race due to obvious reasons. I probably will never find the true potential of what the car is capable of but that is fine with me. I'm happy knowing that if I need it or want it, then I can have it.
I'm all for having a little fun in your car, but NOT at the expense of the general public.

NSX prime has changed :frown:

Funny to hear that when they hear that people race their NSXs. Kids now own NSXs huh?? This is a forum where you can talk about pretty much whatever you want as long as you don't offend them. Yes, racing is dangerous and illegal! We all know that. If you have an NSX then you've definately have taken it over the speed limit. They make and allow us to have this car knowing that sometimes you're gonna wanna drive "fast." Street racing is immature. yeah yeah yeah...It's never right and it's never okay..NEVER!! Seems you were responsible..no weaving in and off other cars, no cutting people off, no one got hurt.

I to think that the vast majority of the owner are mature people that is why I said that the guy that went up against the 512 was probably being responsible when he did it. He owns an NSX after all. Since he did not hurt anyone or crash and had the since to shut down after second gear shows his maturity. No harm done.

Any how I hope you enjoy your NSX like I do. This is my third one and not because I've crashed them street racing:) On a separate note how do you show the quotes from a previous post?

Like I said, sell the NSX and find an used Yugo, practical, speed limit top speed, a very sensible car.

garthed said:
Any how I hope you enjoy your NSX like I do. This is my third one and not because I've crashed them street racing:) On a separate note how do you show the quotes from a previous post?

I enjoy mine as often as I can. I'm only on my second one though, gotta one more to catch you. :biggrin:
To quote somones entire post, just click on the 'quote' in the lower right corner of their entire post. That way your would be intended to be directly to them.
If you just click on the 'post reply' button you will find a button below the drop down box for changing colors just to the right.
HTH

92NSX said:
I enjoy mine as often as I can. I'm only on my second one though, gotta one more to catch you. :biggrin:
To quote somones entire post, just click on the 'quote' in the lower right corner of their entire post. That way your would be intended to be directly to them.
If you just click on the 'post reply' button you will find a button below the drop down box for changing colors just to the right.
HTH

Cool thanks

zahntech said:
the "old guy" :rolleyes: in his 40s was not trying if he didnt pull on you better than you discribe...

Close times.............0-60........1/4 mile
2002 Acura NSX........4.8.........13.4
1992 Ferrari 512 TR....4.7.........12.9

jimmycinla said:
Close times.............0-60........1/4 mile
2002 Acura NSX........4.8.........13.4
1992 Ferrari 512 TR....4.7.........12.9

Nice, that's why the first two gears weren't that far apart between the two.

Back