• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Drives Available at the Transportation Research Center

Just received this email from NSXCA

For NSXCA members interested in driving the new NSX on the TRC facility just outside Marysville, OH. This is the Acura test track/proving center for NSX development!

When: Saturday July 28 and Sunday July 29.

Where: Transportation Research Center (TRC) near Columbus, OH

Who: Any NSXCA member considering purchasing the new NSX and is qualified to do so.

How: Call Acura Concierge 1-800-299-4755 or Email [email protected]

Questions can be directed to Acura at either of the above contacts.

Just received this email from NSXCA

For NSXCA members interested in driving the new NSX on the TRC facility just outside Marysville, OH. This is the Acura test track/proving center for NSX development!

When: Saturday July 28 and Sunday July 29.

Where: Transportation Research Center (TRC) near Columbus, OH

Who: Any NSXCA member considering purchasing the new NSX and is qualified to do so.

How: Call Acura Concierge 1-800-299-4755 or Email [email protected]

Questions can be directed to Acura at either of the above contacts.

It would be nice if they contacted current owners and invited them to do the same. Just another disconnect between the execs and end user. They really need to get their act together.

I agree, but their focus appears to be on moving some cars and are putting their efforts on the selling part.

Unfortunately they have temporarily stopped prospective customer events at their facility in Cantil, CA due to the high temps in the valley.

But current owners are also the ones who get the word out on the street how great the car is.
true, but with dealers unwilling to give test drives, this is the only way for prospective buyers to get seat time.

its not like its an all day track day, so you're not missing out.

I shared it.

Plus my NSXCA membership just lapsed so I probably shouldn't have gotten it.

Plus, plus if they had a real database they wouldn't include me as I already have a Gen 2.

If I was a dealer, I wouldn't want to use a new one for test drives and most folks want a new one that wasn't "handled".

As has been said so many ways, Acura does not how to support the high end clientele, so not doing nice things like invitations to events like this to us is no surprise.

I never received the thanks for 1 year of ownership recognition thing they were supposed to do. Maybe the person responsible for that was let go.

I never received the thanks for 1 year of ownership recognition thing they were supposed to do. Maybe the person responsible for that was let go.

Although I am current with my NSXCA membership, I never got the complimentary 1yr membership to the NSXCA.

Although I am current with my NSXCA membership, I never got the complimentary 1yr membership to the NSXCA.

My complimentary membership postcard was included with the money clip.

I received this email from my new Midwest NSXCA rep a couple of days ago, have already signed up, and am awaiting notification of eligibility. TRC is exactly two hours' drive from my house. Will probably combine it with another visit to the Honda Heritage Center....

We drove the TRC track a few years ago as many are aware at NSXPO -- what a blast. Of course everyone kept to the 70 mph limit -- including the leaders in the TLXs. If I recall correctly triple digit speeds were reached at some point. To those who do the test drive have fun! I've driven the new NSX for 30 minutes -- not long enough to form a definitive opinion but I really enjoyed it. I went in with an open mind and wasn't prepared to criticize it for lack of a manual transmission or being bigger/less analogue than my /94. I'd be happy to own the new NSX. I keep pushing my NSX buddies here in the suburbs of Detroit to enter a fractional ownership arrangement (two or three people who know each other well max) so we can enjoy this car and keep our "old" NSXs. So far, unfortunately, no takers. I can't justify keeping my old NSX and acquiring a new one. Wish I could.

Best,
Jeff

I received this email from my new Midwest NSXCA rep a couple of days ago, have already signed up, and am awaiting notification of eligibility. TRC is exactly two hours' drive from my house. Will probably combine it with another visit to the Honda Heritage Center....

Looking forward to your post event input

I'm now confirmed. They recommend a couple of hotels NW of Columbus and offered a shuttle from them. Since I live only two hours away, I'm going to drive in very early (hopefully in my NSX, weather willing, almost everybody likes seeing Mr. Kaiser :) ), do my test drive as in the morning, hang out a bit, then drive home before their planned Saturday night reception as I've got another engagement Saturday afternoon; I've already met the marketing team at the last two NSXPOs. Looks like they are rolling out the red carpet, so far, if you want to come in from further away.

The conceierge told me that they are planning other test drive events in Charlotte, Boston, Chicago, and I forget where in the West, I think LA? I'll confirm and let you all know when I can.

Thanks for the new info

I hope they do the Chicago event at the Autobahn Country Club, I would be all over that

I’m more annoyed that after 13 years being NSXCA Secretary I didn’t get this email invite

Agreed! I would be curious to learn how many of us received this notification. Is this a regional thing possibly?

I'm now confirmed. They recommend a couple of hotels NW of Columbus and offered a shuttle from them. Since I live only two hours away, I'm going to drive in very early (hopefully in my NSX, weather willing, almost everybody likes seeing Mr. Kaiser :) ), do my test drive as in the morning, hang out a bit, then drive home before their planned Saturday night reception as I've got another engagement Saturday afternoon; I've already met the marketing team at the last two NSXPOs. Looks like they are rolling out the red carpet, so far, if you want to come in from further away.

The conceierge told me that they are planning other test drive events in Charlotte, Boston, Chicago, and I forget where in the West, I think LA? I'll confirm and let you all know when I can.
Yes, at the Honda Proving Center in Cantil, CA east of Bakersfield. They host NSX events throughout the of the year, just not in the Summer due to the heat.

Yes, at the Honda Proving Center in Cantil, CA east of Bakersfield. They host NSX events throughout the of the year, just not in the Summer due to the heat.

Thank you!

Seriously, does Honda want to sell the NSX or not? They need to stop these pompous attitudes towards potential buyers by actually allowing test drive. One of my patients is a sales manager of a nearby Acura dealer. I spoke to him last year for being interested in the car. He told me that he would very much like to sell me the car BUT no test drive was allowed. I asked him that if I was even allowed to sit in it and he said yes. Fast forward to 2 days ago when we spoke on the phone for some health questions, he asked me if I was still interested in the NSX. I told him that I bought a R8 V10 instead. He seemed disappointed and I told him that the "no test drive" policy is a real turn off. I indicated that when I walked into a Porsche dealership, the sales people would practically beg me to drive anything on the lot. That's a stark contrast to the Acura's practice. He agreed with me but he could not change that policy. Really, Honda, $160k is really not a lot of money for that particular segment of clientele, so stop acting like people do not have other options but to have to beg for the privilege to even sit in one.
Steve

Seriously, does Honda want to sell the NSX or not? They need to stop these pompous attitudes towards potential buyers by actually allowing test drive. One of my patients is a sales manager of a nearby Acura dealer. I spoke to him last year for being interested in the car. He told me that he would very much like to sell me the car BUT no test drive was allowed. I asked him that if I was even allowed to sit in it and he said yes. Fast forward to 2 days ago when we spoke on the phone for some health questions, he asked me if I was still interested in the NSX. I told him that I bought a R8 V10 instead. He seemed disappointed and I told him that the "no test drive" policy is a real turn off. I indicated that when I walked into a Porsche dealership, the sales people would practically beg me to drive anything on the lot. That's a stark contrast to the Acura's practice. He agreed with me but he could not change that policy. Really, Honda, $160k is really not a lot of money for that particular segment of clientele, so stop acting like people do not have other options but to have to beg for the privilege to even sit in one.
Steve

*werd* Agree and I thought the plan was for the first year to have cars available for test drives. It didn't happen. Trust me, I know....I tried for much of last year...and finally gave up.

its Acuras fault. well, all of it is...

In the training that they sent out, they said the customer doesn't want a car with miles on it, blah blah blah.

I understand if its one that they built to order, but one that's sitting on the showroom floor should be taken out.

However, everytime we take one out for a test drive, I'm nervous as hell because the road by our store has a lot of little rocks on it. So I get it.

Things are so uptight that my service manager has never driven one.

I dropped mine off for it's first oil change today and he mentioned that.

Acura did have a demo program for a while and included financial incentives for the dealers to have a demo (program sailed off into he sunset).

Steve

^^^THIS^^^

Really? Acura, I'm sure there are others here like me, whiteNSXs etc, who have test driven cars 2-3x the price of your NSX, and owned many comparably-priced autos. You may well be proud if it, but ....It's a consumable. Get over yourselves and allow some reasonable test-drives.
I guarantee you, that you'll likely double, if not triple, your sales.

Back