• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thanks to NSXPrime!

Hello fellow NSX owners/pilots!

I thought I would give a positive shout out to this site for its information and user support. Recently my NSX got the dreaded "CCU" failure. The local Acura dealer supplied a quote of almost $2000 - about $1500 for the replacement unit and about $400 for two hours of labor. After reading the factory manual and checking things out here it seemed there was a less pricey solution. I found a nice procedure for removal/installation of the CCU. I was concerned about "special tools" needed to release the clips on the unit (this note was in the factory manual) but I soon discovered this was a non issue. Anyways I was able to do this process in eight minutes with nothing more than a phillips screwdriver! No damage to any component resulted either. And the CCU? I was able to replace all the capacitors; I had access to the required soldering equipment.

Bottom line, I was able to save a little $$ on this project as well as learn more about general NSX repair. Thanks to the Prime site which not only contains some super information but, thanks to the users who generously post positive support and real world advice gave me the confidence to tackle technical challenges!

Thanks again to Prime and its members.....

Kyle

This site is worth it's weight in gold and it is due to the very savvy owners and contributors to supporting the NSX. I was originally looking at F-cars but after spending a short time on this site, I quickly realized the NSX fraternity is like no other. Glad you recognize this as well.

kudos to you for picking up the tools and diving in to diy...

I couldn't agree more. I would have never been able to do all the work I have done on my NSX if it wasn't for the support of prime!

Prime (and associated FB Prime group) have saved me so much money with my NSX.....

The wealth of information available here is such an asset. Now that you saved a few bucks as a direct result, you should consider making a little donation to help the owner of site defer some costs.

If it wasnt for Prime i would have never gotten back into a NSX, its amazing what you can look up and the archived information. In fact i never shared how my now 4 year old to me fell into my lap. Thanks NSXPrime

NSX CCU - success story thanks to BrianK

Another success story. My 1991NSX CCU failed and like others here, my dealer was on no help.

First the unit started to act funny, then it would only work on the high fan setting and then it went completely dead. Took the car to the dealer and he said "It is probably some board in there and we have no source or idea of how to fix".

Brian K to the rescue--- I contacted him and he responded quickly. Sent the unit and when it came back, I popped it in and it works like NEW.

Wonderful feeling to see it working again.

WHAT?!? Two hours labor for removing and replacing the CCU? See, THIS is why dealers get and deserve a bad reputation. I know they use "the book", but c'mon. As the OP stated, it's literally just a few minutes. Ugh.

Hello fellow NSX owners/pilots!

I thought I would give a positive shout out to this site for its information and user support. Recently my NSX got the dreaded "CCU" failure. The local Acura dealer supplied a quote of almost $2000 - about $1500 for the replacement unit and about $400 for two hours of labor. After reading the factory manual and checking things out here it seemed there was a less pricey solution. I found a nice procedure for removal/installation of the CCU. I was concerned about "special tools" needed to release the clips on the unit (this note was in the factory manual) but I soon discovered this was a non issue. Anyways I was able to do this process in eight minutes with nothing more than a phillips screwdriver! No damage to any component resulted either. And the CCU? I was able to replace all the capacitors; I had access to the required soldering equipment.

Bottom line, I was able to save a little $$ on this project as well as learn more about general NSX repair. Thanks to the Prime site which not only contains some super information but, thanks to the users who generously post positive support and real world advice gave me the confidence to tackle technical challenges!

Thanks again to Prime and its members.....

Kyle

Not many people know this, but Prime does take donations to help keep it online,
Show some support, owning an NSX without prime would not be the same experience.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/payments.php

Back