• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The 2,500 miles Honda Test Car (re)build

I thought I go all out with my builds Hugo puts me to shame.

still need those parts we talked about let me know

What color is that? Please don't tell me it's another champ white nsx, you're making them too common if it is =P

Great work, just wish there was someone like you or Shawn in the UK ....

Are you leaving dash and door cards OEM this time or maybe bespoke retrim, ie leather with contrast stitch or alcantara??

Hope you get to keep this one and enjoy it!

Hi guys!
My appologies for this looooong delay! Not easy to combine my real work with my NSX building hobby at the same time, while keeping the post updated with picture at the same time:tongue:

Anyway, now I am back

Senninha, I will definetely keep this one, interior will be red as my first NSX-R. I will only trade it for a 02+ NA2 if I ever find one...
rjwong: sorry to disapoint you, it is the Championship white NH-0 color

So, after a timing belt/water pump replacement on the engine it was time for a red-respraying of the valve covers to match the NSX-R-to-be :smile:
Interior of the engine looks just incredibely new as what's remaining from the car...

33oa.jpg

Here you can already see the bonnet with the all-aluminium NA2 style R vent welded on it...
Engine/tranny is now ready to go back in place in the car

gq4b.jpg

I don't know why but engine looks better in the car :cool:

s3oq.jpg

It was then time to complete the bonnet, here already primed ready to receive its final clearcoated color. Mesh is glued to the vent

p552.JPG

And voila, already painted and shinning :cool:

x21.JPG

Almost reassembled, but still without the panel alignments completed...starting to already look like the final project.

s0hx.JPG

I just received the missing headlight cover and bumper turn lights from Germany...I think no part is missing now
Got the speedo back from the Paris Honda dealership; it was still needed to complete some testings at the French Honda headquartes :pirate: I really don't know what kind of testing they could be performing

x8cg.jpg

I will now take interior pictures. Red seats are ready, I just need to fit the red door panels inserts, and respray the console in silver....
Next updates will be revealed very soon from now on.
Thank you for following my post

Hugo, this is becoming very repetitive for you... I am losing count. Is this number 3?
it looks excellent!
this is the Portuguese NSX refresh program. Honda only could wish they could do this.

Back