• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

that ending was exciting...I also was surprised that hamo was called in for softs...his tires were 11 laps fresher than nicos..I thought he would just stay out while nico had to pit....

The race was exciting, especially the end!

- - - Updated - - -

On the f1 website today were some clips from past races, including some Senna, Schumacher, Prost, Alesi and others in race trim.
Watching a couple I have 2 comments, Hamilton wrecks a lot and a Mid 90's car sounds awesome and is a handful to drive!

R.I.P. Carl Haas

: - (

....bought my first Sports 2000 car from him in 1978.

.......after racing an E Production Porsche for twelve years!!!

Rosberg demoted to 3rd, 10 second penalty for illegal radio traffic.....

Rosberg leads championship by 1 point....

Rock on Lewis!

Last edited:
Rock on Lewis!

I'm with you on that one. He ran a great weekend.
As to Rosberg getting penalized, I am not a big fan of his but surely there should be a way of penalizing the team and not the driver when it is clearly not the driver's fault. (It is still a driver's championship first and a Constructor's second)

Again Max is proving his talents. I thought when he first came on the scene he would be a future World Champion, and he has done little to dissuade me of that notion. As Doc Hudson said in Cars "Ya gotta lotta stuff, kid."

Yeah. Max is the future, no doubt.

I'm with you on that one. He ran a great weekend.
As to Rosberg getting penalized, I am not a big fan of his but surely there should be a way of penalizing the team and not the driver when it is clearly not the driver's fault. (It is still a driver's championship first and a Constructor's second)

exactly..no harm in asking...and when hamo got his settings all wrong a few races ago the team properly told him he was on his own....but when nico asks they answered him.....which for a team of that caliber and knowing the rules having obeyed them previously gives us conspiracy theorists more angst.

Hungary was fun to watch. There may be hope yet for McLaren (though not today). : - )

Fairly exciting race! Surprised Kimi didn't put the chrome horn on verstappen.

Can't believe he didn't! He must be mellowing with age.

I'm equally surprised Verstappen didn't receive some form of censure from the Stewards for his parking tactics, as he most certainly made a second move to squeeze Kimi on corner entry. Of course he cunningly hid it by his decision to turn into the corner early. Can't deny it was a supremely skilled bit of defensive driving. Poetic justice would have been the touch Kimi gave him giving Verstappen a puncture, but alas the youngster is living a charmed life, for now.

I too cant believe that the Stewards did not notice Max blocking moves....Kimi is getting Old.. so he is not taking ancy chances.

As the Master have said...if you see a Gap and did not go for it...you are no longer a racing driver

Bram

Last edited:
there's a difference between racing driver and kamikaze. maybe he's getting old, or maybe just more sensible? that huge points lead is now gone...

James Allison leaving Ferrari is more unsettling for the struggling team.. Alonso's manager has begun shopping around for him.. oh boy...

interesting that after all these years the FIA is now so concerned with keeping cars on track, they are cutting the surface to implant corner sensors....

I'm guessing Kimi's wife to be (in just a couple of weeks) had something to say about him being in good condition for the ceremony. : - )

Rosberg seems to have forgotten how to turn a corner evidently...

Rosberg continues to be a hack driver - spoiled brat - like Lea said " he missed the apex by 3 zip codes, then turned the wheel to full lock."

Only 5 second penalty forcing another driver off the track & Kimi got a drive thru last week for a safety transmission to his pits.

At least now full radio communication is back !!!!

Back