• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The (2nd) Official 2016 F1 thread

Will be interesting to see how F1 will survive the buyout. The big teams may have a fight on their hands to hold onto their "perks."

I believe the Nico was on the limit for Brake, not so much the Tires.....Daniel was faster because of the new tires, yeah a couple of laps he would be on Nico...however catching is onething passing is another at this track.

Bram

I believe the Nico was on the limit for Brake, not so much the Tires.....Daniel was faster because of the new tires, yeah a couple of laps he would be on Nico...however catching is onething passing is another at this track.

Bram

Not exactly cruising, but I think he had it under control. Remember, you only have to win by a whisker, it still counts!

exactly, Mercedes were maintaining their lead.

but another lap or two, and our boy Daniel would have had a go for sure...

Glad to see McHonda more regularly in the points. Alonso def driving it above its potential, however slightly that may be. Sucks Button had to retire.

Nice start crash in Malaysia, noone to blame 100%, just an unlucky chain of bad luck.

Aussie.....not really...Max was told to hold steady....Max was faster than Daniel

You obviously didn't listen to the post race driver interviews, or notice how hard Verstappen was trying! Don't forget Ricciardo is the master of looking after his tyres, and the main ingredient in that philosophy is just go as fast as you need to, to look after the car. The commentators were saying that Verstappen lost 5 seconds due to the stacking, but apparently the actual on track difference when they threw the green light was 2.2 seconds - so much for VSC. But with only about a 10th difference in ultimate lap times [as indicated by qualifying] it was always going to be a hard ask for Verstappen to get past. And the difference in lap times was from a more aggressive driving style, so it was very much a case of diminishing returns for Verstappen, as he showed.

But then I am more than a little biased.

Without that last VSC, as Verstappen did have a small pace advantage this weekend, and on his marginally fresher rubber, he may have got past for second, but we'll never know. I thought that with about 20 laps to go, to free up Verstappen's supposed chase of Hamilton they would have brought Ricciardo in for his new set of softs and let him rip. That would have been an interesting scenario!

Last edited:
Pure bad luck on Lewis's part.....Im not sure what the Team can do to help Lewis....all his problems have been mechancial, however, Nico does not seem to have the same issues.

Austin, has always been a good track fro Lewis, so let see if he is going to catch a brake.

Bram

i wonder where the luck might have landed, had they NOT swapped the mercedes garage crews between Lewis and Nico at the start of the season...

Back