• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The AutoX is now a memory

What a superior event. I mean the people who put this together are to be congratulated for their excellent work. We need to give them an award of some sorts. We not only got a chance to run our cars into the ground but they fed us a terrific hot lunch that was great. I wish the rest of my life ran as smoothly as these events. I learned a great deal about my car and how it handles. While at first I was hesitant to run it fast, it was really my problem and not the cars. By the end of the day I started to drive faster leting the car do its thing. For me it was spectacular going from a 54 second run to a final 48.4 second run. Having said that there were folks out there running in the 38 second time frame. I mean they could have taken a nap given my slow time. Never-the-less it was an absolute blast. I will definitely do the autox from now on.:D

ditto to all that!
i might have received some new scratches on my hood from the drive up, be in pain from quite a nasty sunburn, and be out about 5k miles worth of tires and brakes.... but it was well worth it! BY FAR THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD IN THE NSX!!
looking forward to next time!

I am with you guys. The auto-x was a blast, best event ever. I just couldn't resist the spin-out, tire squelching, grining faces all over, ask my passanger (darkcyd) and he'll tell ya. We lost control on our 5th run, me and Vince could not stop smiling as our car did a 180 reverse. Eric, I know you got the footage, please post :)

Thanks for the invite!

I also thank John, Tina, Shelby and crew for putting on a great event. The best of everything, first class, on time. Hollywood Park is great, it's a super mid point for Cal Coast and OC/SD. My thanks to Steve and the timing crew, Chris for the lead up and everyone for a great time. With 40+ here today, AutoX works for the SoCal members, how about quarterly??? Gil :D

Hey guys thanks for coming to my backyard (Inglewood). Never have figured out why they call it Hollywood Race Track :confused: I had a great time lots of good people. The food was delicious. Well organized a standard for John and Tina. Like to also thank Judy, Shelby and anyone else that participated in this event. My only regret is that I had to watch you guys have all the fun. I will be ready for the next AutoX. I'm planning on doing a few 360's.

If some of you guys would like to share your enjoyment of this event with other sports car owners, there no better time than this Saturday.

Sports Car Drive/Lunch
Date 9/13
Time 0900hrs
Loc Parking across from Acapuco restr (Ports of Call, SanPedro
Destination -Laguna Beach Area

That was, witout a doubt, the MOST FUN I HAVE HAD WITH THE NSX!!!:D Again thanks to John, Tina, Ross, R.J., Liana, Liana's Mom (who arranged for us to have access to Hollywood Park! They all made this event the FANTASTIC and WELL RUN event it was!

Thanks to Paul Taylor for giving me the confidence to knock 2 full seconds off my times!!!:eek:

I would also like to thank everyone who spent time out on the hot asphalt being corner workers! You all made my job as "Corner Worker Nazi" actually FUN! thanks again!

I have never felt so comfortable pushing my NSX so hard!

Hey John, You can sign me up for the next one NOW:D ;) :D

March can't come soon enough for me:cool:

Thanks again!

WOW! That was incredible!

THANK YOU JOHN, TINA, Steve, Chris, Timing and Scoring guys, EVERYONE for making this the BEST NSXperience ever! My brother had a blast! I've never had so much fun with the NSX!!! It was truly a world class event and I can't wait for the next one!

Doug Hayashi, here I come! :D

--Conrad

Many thanks to John, Tina, and all the others for a great event!

And many thanks to Doug Hayashi for loaning me the spacers for my new (and wrong offset) front wheels. You allowed me a great day of racing.

Sign me up for the next one as well.

T

Echoing everyone's sentiment above. The event was so organized, I am still talking to my guest about how smooth everything went. Considering the number of people, cars, food service...etc. The sheer amount of coordination required and the effort that was put in to prepare must've been daunting.

GREAT JOB to all organizer and all that helped out, and I am glad I can be part of it.

Dougs flame mobile

Thanks for all the kind words. This definitely would not have been able to happen without the help of some key players.. One being Judy Dunlap(Lianas Mom), who is on the city counsel for Inglewood. Using her power, she was able to get the $4000 track, food, tents, chairs, etc... for a very small sum of money. And, an agreement to let us come back every 6 mos. This is being put to the test with the date being set for the next autoX. More on that later.
There was a track monkey taking some shots. Alan Smallbone is his name and he only has about 800 shots :eek: I am trying to get a preview of the other pics, as they are going to be for sale(this is his business). I'll post the winner of the CalCoastalNSX Cup, that being Doug Hayashis flamemobile.
fb291c50.jpg

Last edited:
Big Thanks!

Hey everyone!
This event came to a head so smoothly due to ALL who contributed and volunteered.
In no particular order as not to offend!
Thanks to

Ross Olney and R.J (Ross's son) -Ingenious Time keeping Crew
Steve Riter- Corner worker Nazi-self proclaimed
Liana Dunlap and Mom Judy- Orchestrators of securing the track and organizers of the festivities
Mark Stepp- opened his door to us and the crying baby the night before
Amy Olsen- for babysitting the crying baby without being asked
Mark Weinberg- For printing the car numbers at 4:30pm when he had to be out of the office at 5:00pm
Science of Speed-Donated Gauge pod to benefit the raffle and the NSXCA (the Flame Mobile won it [they'll use this in some way to cheat, I'm sure ])
Carbotech- Thanks, Larry for the donation of the brake pads that went towards the raffle!
Autowave- Last minute donation of three dyno pulls ( Steve Riter was the lucky winner, karma, I say, karma)

And all who came! Without you we'd be sittin' in an empty parking lot

Many regards-

John, Tina and Shelby

Thanks to John, Tina, Liana's Mom and the scoring guys for a really great event. That truly was the most fun I've ever had in an NSX. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks again!!

Rod

A very well organized event. Wayne and I had a great time!

Quarterly autoX could be interesting......

There are some damn fast autocrossers out there! I had some of them outgunned by 400 lbs, 100+HP, and slicks, but they were right there on my ass with a LOT less hardware.

-Doug
I need to take some cone-dodging lessons

A big thanks to John, Tina, Liana, Mom Judy and everyone else that contributed time and effort to the event. The "volunteer" corner workers did a great job.

Pulp Story Teller said:
I need to take some cone-dodging lessons
I need more than cone dodging lesssons!! :D

P.S. My wife had a blast in the spin!!

We got first class treatment and that's for sure. Thanks for everyone that put in time and effort to pull off such perfectly ran event!

I just wish that we had more track time. The second run group had a total of 12 or 13 runs. I was wishing for more runs in the afternoon.

Managed to wash the X on Sunday morning before heading out to the happiest place on earth (Disney). Almost ready for the Concours d'Elegant next week.

For the caravan back to OC, I don't recall a black X with chrome wheels around the Hungtinton Beach area. If he weren't part of our group, it must have been a shock to see 5 X'es rolling by him.

Put my name down for the next autoX event please! Twice a year is nice, but 3 times a year would be nicer. With the Prime Canyon drive, we'd have a driving event every quarter.

Taj said:
Scott,

It was a big slide with a little spin. How close were you from the light pole? It must be the longest slide of the day.

We were about 20 - 25 feet from the pole. The rear end stepped out and I had turned the steering wheel left :eek: to try to avoid spinning :eek: then more left, :eek: until it hit full left lock. I never though we would stop.

My car suffered minor cone damage, most of it buffed out when I got home. :D :D There are still some small scratches in the rr bumper :mad: and a fastener is missing. All in all it was a great experience!! I think I need new tires - HaHaHa . . .

:D Note to self - right foot way too heavy!! :D (corrected)

Last edited:
SilverOne said:
maybe that's the problem, shouldn't be the right foot?? ;) :D
Thanks Dave ~ Again a keen observation!

Note to self: skip lunch or just eat some salad or a light sandwich.

I had a little bit of everything and it adds up quickly. The brownies didn't help either. Great food though.

After the great lunch, I just feel like pushing the car anymore. I was 1/2 second off my morning best time. :rolleyes:

CDub-Could have something to do with the temp and conditions instead of waistline. How were other drivers 3rd run vs 1 or 2?
Anytime-Are you going to post the results???
Thanks again for a great day.

A big thanks from me as well to the event coordinators, sponsors, volunteers, and everyone that made the event possible. I believe we are the luckiest group of NSX owners here in SoCal having a bi-annual (soon quarterly) all NSX autocross event.

Hey John and the rest of the organizers,

Thanks for organizing such a fab event. Really professional. Note to self...bring sun screen next time!

I think we're all alittle more confident if ever our car's tail ends slipped out from under us. I think it was a great learning experience. Once again, glad to meet all you nice people!

Ed C.:cool:

Back