• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

THE BEST MODIFICATION

The best modifivation for nsx
Type r short gear
Exhaust complet system
Air filter
Flywheel
Clucth set
And if you exagerate cams shaft and spring valve works on head and gasket
this what i Advice to all my customers and trust me after you will have a car that is going really fast in every situation and most important very affidable

Regards
Andrea

When I tell to change the filtr its only the inside oem box filter with one from K N or something else Its right that you don't need to trowh away money with a complete intake system its enough if you change the oem square filter with aftermarket parts

Originally posted by hyuan:
From what I've read in the FAQ, doesn't seem like the air filter makes a difference.

Very true (by all accounts) on a reasonably stock engine, just as you would expect. After all, why would Honda throw away easy HP? However, it goes without saying that more HP requires more air, so you could eventually exceed the efficient limits of the stock intake.

As for the topic of this thread, with the exception of the head work those are all pretty common mods. The problem with getting more power is that the NSX engine already generates very high HP/liter so significant increases are A: Difficult, B: Expensive and C: Likely to reduce drivability/civility.

In other words, I think the BEST MODIFICATION (engine wise) is boost.

It depends on what you are looking for, best bang for the buck, most performance, or puts the biggest smile on your face. Perfomance wise NOS is the best bang for the buck, the new BB SC would be the next. Intake/header/exhaust don't give that much of a gain/$. From what I hear, the gears make the car seem faster, and more fun to run throught the gears as well.

So it depends on what you want, personally the exhaust was something I did. To me it added the most to the whole driving experiance per dollar.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

can someone explain real fast how short gears help? i know the gears top out at lower MPH, for example 3rd tops out at 95mph compared to 120, then wouldnt the car lose top end power after 4th tops out??

If the metric is how much more fun it makes back road driving, the ordering (first being best) I'd give to the mods on my car are:

- coilovers + front anti-sway bar (K3 Clubsport, SOS)
- LSD (ATS)
- short gears
- bigger wheels + brakes (Stoptech BBK)
- boost (2.3L CTSC, etc)

My car came with CT intake, headers, and exhaust, so I don't know how to place them.

Last edited:
Back