• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "J" Swap

NSX J-swap parts are starting to come in. Kits should be ready by the end of the month. Based on feedback from the pre-production kits, I will be including a few more basic necessities.

20150330_161100_zpsdrpei9ha.jpg

20150408_135534_zps1wivw4s8.jpg

20140901_121507_zps2a459a85.jpg

Gents,
I haven't been on the site for quite sometime. Unfortunately, while doing a HDPE w/NASA at Roebling Road a week ago a rod decided to make a little hole in my block. I was completely saddened until I just read through this entire post!! I am so excited for the future of my "Pearl"! It's great and inspirational to read and see the stories of people making the innovative steps to further our passions for car, driving, racing, and just having a good time!

Velocitized,
I'm extremely interested in whatever "kit" is currently available. You might be getting a few PM's and messages about a J35 build for a '95...maybe even a turbo.

I joined this site just to buy this swap kit...and I don't even own an NSX yet:)

Welcome to the site! You buy the NSX, I'll provide the kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there room for adding a comptech supercharger??

I don't think there is enough room for the Comptech supercharger that would be on a TL/CL. But there should be room for twin turbo's or possibly a Vortech style supercharger.

- - - Updated - - -

Gents,
I haven't been on the site for quite sometime. Unfortunately, while doing a HDPE w/NASA at Roebling Road a week ago a rod decided to make a little hole in my block. I was completely saddened until I just read through this entire post!! I am so excited for the future of my "Pearl"! It's great and inspirational to read and see the stories of people making the innovative steps to further our passions for car, driving, racing, and just having a good time!

Velocitized,
I'm extremely interested in whatever "kit" is currently available. You might be getting a few PM's and messages about a J35 build for a '95...maybe even a turbo.

Sorry to hear about your engine. I'll put your name on a kit!

can you find out the engine mount kits for an 08 tl-s swap into nsx? there's jdm shop selling the engine for very cheap and I thought I could use it since it has very low mileage.

can you find out the engine mount kits for an 08 tl-s swap into nsx? there's jdm shop selling the engine for very cheap and I thought I could use it since it has very low mileage.

From what I can tell the 08 TL-S would use the same motor mount kit. It has a DBW (drive-by-wire) block, however I have not confirmed fitment.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great!!! Followed since the start glad to see you finally getting some traction on this!

Thank you for following along all this time and supporting the build. The car keeps running better all the time as I tweak, tune and work the bugs out. I had the car out for a long drive last weekend and the low end torque makes the car so much easier to drive. It is definitely easier to break the tires loose at low speeds now, getting traction control working to some degree again is pretty high on my list.

- - - Updated - - -

I got some of the exhaust rebuilt with 2" pipes and decided to run it on the dyno again. The car made about 247 HP with cats and 252 HP, 220 lb. ft torque w/o cats. So, I don't think the stock cats are a major bottleneck yet. Of course this is months apart from the last dyno run but I am using the same dyno and nothing else has changed on the car. I am getting there.

20150416_162713_zpszxljratz.jpg

20150416_162652_zpsnzkcqmzr.jpg

Last edited:
V- Patent these!

Now I have to do the key mod damn you lol

Sorry, I ordered a bunch of "maintenance parts" but these were the only things I got excited about. Probably a little too much.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a white 02+ Nsx on IG is doing the swap....

Interesting, I have not heard about that car yet, I don't think it is anyone who has bought a kit from me but I am also not on IG.

That is probably Scott's car and it's an 02 conversion... Did it have the taitec diffuser? What's the IG handle?

That is probably Scott's car and it's an 02 conversion... Did it have the taitec diffuser? What's the IG handle?

Oh. I thought he had a 91 and 96. I didn't know it had an 02 conversion.

Congrats David! What an impressive build! Thanks for making me aware of this thread, and I hope to see your NSX on the road one of these days.

J32A2/J35A3 to NSX Exhaust

J32A2/J35A3 to NSX exhaust pipe adapters now available. These pipes will connect the stock J32A2/J35A3 exhaust manifolds to the NSX cat/test pipe. Additional adapters may be required for later year NSXs.

Specs for final pipes:
2" O.D Stainless pipe, stock is 1.4" I.D.
6" Stainless Flex pipe
O2 bungs
Slip joint

$625 a set.

Front pipe:
20150522_161524_zpsaj0tzpfx.jpg

Rear pipe:
20150522_161541_zpsrkcxitvk.jpg

I will post these in the vendor section shortly.

Last edited:
I've followed your build from the start.

Just wanted to say congratulations on everything.

I used to talk about your swap all the time with a friend who drives a TL.

Thanks for being a pioneer in the community.

I've followed your build from the start.

Just wanted to say congratulations on everything.

I used to talk about your swap all the time with a friend who drives a TL.

Thanks for being a pioneer in the community.

Thanks for following!

- - - Updated - - -

I have figured out the A/C lines just in time for summer. These lines are listed in the vendor section for $300 a set.

20150521_153556_zps3osyuekt.jpg

I was just going to replace the front bumper and have some panels repaired and re-spayed, but the plan got away from me and now I am in for a panel off, full body re-spay. Same color.

20150713_171121_zpssudx6i2j.jpg

20150713_171342_zpsix5qgbnz.jpg

Since I was at it, decided to also install the NSX-R front and lower chassis reinforcement bars.

20150702_124030_zpshmvqgs6g.jpg

20150702_124000_zpsiuemusgm.jpg

Last edited:
Back