• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "J" Swap

Seriously, thank you for producing all these awesome parts.. Allows me to drive my car with less worry since there is a financially viable solution for me, just in case something happens to my motor!

Kudos and I will continue to follow this thread!

Seriously, thank you for producing all these awesome parts.. Allows me to drive my car with less worry since there is a financially viable solution for me, just in case something happens to my motor!

Kudos and I will continue to follow this thread!

Thanks!

Pull your motor and save it, then put in a J-swap. Just kidding, enjoy your NSX, if anything ever happens, yes, you have options. I am glad that other people in this community are interested in this swap option.

Last edited:
Hows the swap holding up?.. Any new additions in the works?

Everything has been running great! The car has been in the paint shop for about 3 months but is just about done. I will be pushing hard to get it done so I can drive it down to NSXPO.

I will be working on the twin turbo manifolds and posting a series of pictures on the wiring harness conversion.

Well, I am back from NSXPO and I would say the response to the J-swap was positive overall. There are some who don't like it or understand why and that is to be expected. It is not for everyone.

The car/engine ran great all the way down and back, although I did not have A/C (it was 105 degrees in Palm Springs) for most of the trip, I was able to get the system charged in Fresno but then an hour later the A/C compressor clutch gave out. A new compressor is on it's way and I will have the system completely flushed and recharged.

Otherwise everything is going well. Next up, engine wiring harnesses and ECU/chassis adapter harnesses.

Just an FYI post.

Since my A/C compressor went out, I wanted to use the car without the A/C compressor, so I found a belt that would run just the alternator and under the belt tensioner. The belt number is a 4060423, a 6 rib 42.3" long belt. For those of you running a J-swap on track cars without an A/C compressor, this info may help you.

Time to start building a J35A3 from a 2001-02 Acura MDX in preparation for twin turbos. I'll call this the J35TT.

BwkqQbcrUNQOWO30yu7RLwwiXFOxCYM2eFDa2o0UJPZynZeblhmvX_Gk-hit4wEaCM3b-aIKOVmyELDPPj5sRp0GM6wTSJOlkEvGWyl2bB3dN3GWHVInpzLnN4QctY5B2XQQKSaW8XQs9c8VC7Q1qttQwJ7OzQJIcRASt9AgXW2np4dLgyn5g5t_bvifGAc0umq9dlnHcqPKlkCIqdjaVVUSEPOwbZOhzfHXEP-tw6WCMfn4SiRK_ii4PUym_5xsbWxdxk5Jw1I7bcFt2fMrd-G5pU4MR1UY8mGhexButO7fzyGlZpEY_2J0nI8OxZu5EZ1vTlEYvXhd3WgXEferQF5rIZf4dJ4dzD36IwDpdedDpvJd9XDG8uEs2rTMbmmdBlP-zwV7Ex0khdm4zZk3Ij43H50YFKuj64BHcQcrZ68Rig7s__Rad1jNlOnEJ2XWSIbcJhrRvg_D5FKYiV4cpqImOlfLYzjzULz_fWOg6cqz3r3_0zjSDuonxSnn6DmFm0l0gFNU9RygRSZLMKo-gdk3NJqJuRxkEXIQoB-Th90c7p6Zd499qlHAaVMagUdVW-Us=w1680-h945-no

I have these two motors, one will be built for my car and the other will be prepped for sale, complete with install kit.

Last edited:
I will be starting on ITB systems for the J v6 engines in the newyear,
a cross ram and a down draft depending on ones performance needs :)

LHP

I will be starting on ITB systems for the J v6 engines in the newyear,
a cross ram and a down draft depending on ones performance needs :)

LHP

That sounds awesome! I have preliminary plans to build a dual throttle body setup using two factory Honda throttle bodies.

That sounds awesome! I have preliminary plans to build a dual throttle body setup using two factory Honda throttle bodies.

Are you going to be using the stock lower manifolds ?
If so, you are pretty much limited to 48m/m or so on the port diameters.

LHP

Are you going to be using the stock lower manifolds ?
If so, you are pretty much limited to 48m/m or so on the port diameters.

LHP

Yes, I would retain the stock lower manifolds. It would essentially be one stock throttle body for each bank with a crossover balance tube. Still very preliminary.

Last edited:
when you first offered this kit there was a lot of interest..on prime,so out of curiosity to date how many folks have purchased the j swap kit?

when you first offered this kit there was a lot of interest..on prime,so out of curiosity to date how many folks have purchased the j swap kit?

Hi docjohn, 7 kits have been sold so far. 2 cars are on the road and running. I am currently doing a J35A3 swap for a customer, have another one scheduled after that and 2 more interested. I know of at least 3-4 more cars that are in process.

J-motors awaiting prep.

20160219_135233.jpg

Last edited:
do you know if any of the cars are going to be track cars?

do you know if any of the cars are going to be track cars?

Yes, at least 4 of the cars will be track cars.

There are turbo kits in the works from AP-X and LoveFab and LoveFab is working on long tube headers.

Cheers!

Awesome thread. For some time good friend of mines was wondering if this could be done. He really wants a NSX project car, and I'm always looking for cars at the action. Thanks for sharing.

If i pop my C, i'll be calling you ahha
There are lots of Jv6 engines in the wrecking yards to choose from, so it's a good deal if you change it out ahead of a broken Cv6 and save the original for when you sell the car with the #'s matching engine.
And in the mean time beat the can off of a J engine :)

LHP

Have you an idea of how much it'll cost for the complete swap? Ballpark?

Back