• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Mythical $25k NSX.

Would you sell your NSX for less than $25k?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 221 84.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
hellno.jpg

Again the point is if you want a no questions problem free nsx then 22,500. Aint gonna cut it for most folks.If you can wrench and you know what you are doing then fine buy a rough one,as it looks like you may have:wink: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100038

I missed out on a 97 4 years ago that just needed a new bumper cover for $16k, someone on here owns it now. Clean title, no accidents. I know some people who got great deals as well but would not like to admit it as I guess they would like to say that they paid more. It might be where I live, but I know a lot of people who got cars at crazy good deals because the previous owners were just filthy rich and didn't care. So you can get lucky out there, it's not mythical, you just have to get lucky.

There are deals out there though few and far between. Most 25k NSXs are the bottom of the barrel types that become "project fix'er uppers" or get owned by people who end up thinking they're crap. And those people are usually right. :frown:

+1

Very few know how much it will take to get a beater NSX sorted out..........
Funny thing is those same folks looking for a sub 25k NSX probably do not have the means to revive one.

Some MAY get lucky I agree, but who can bank on that?
Those type of deals come by 2-3 times in a life time, if at all.

I pd. $27,000 for my 91 with 52000 on the clock here in classifieds. On a 1/10 scale I say it was a 7. All service done and carfaxed clean. I consider myself rather lucky.

Sure you can get a car for under $25K as long as you don't mind having deferred maintenence like TB/WP or maybe a clutch and dealing with issues like a snap ring, air conditioning, window motors, or blown stereo amps etc.:rolleyes:

I see them every time I look at various adds and what not... the only problem I come across is that they are automatics. IMO, automatic NSX are about as useless as tits on a bull!

High mileage NSXs run just around or a little below $25K. You can't tell me that anyone would expect more than $25K for a '91 they took good care of, completely problem free with up to date maintenance, but has 150K miles? If you could, it would be pure luck!

I paid 21,000 for my 91 with a few problems. I have fixed all mechanical issues and now I'm just making it perfect. I'd never sell it for less than $40,000 now. And if that price is too high, I don't care. Then I'm just not selling it. :wink:

Pricing can be funny though...

In the For Sale board, we currently have
- a 91 with 135K that looks very good, $24
- there is a 91 with 43K for $35K
- 94 with 60K for $32.5

I'd take that 94 in a heartbeat, even though the other two look just as good.

im wondering just how much a "decent" salvage titled car would cost, and what would it take to make it street legal meeting insurance specs for a rebuild. i mean there are so many stock oem parts for sale on prime. i wonder what someone could expect to put it all back together as a decent vehicle. I mean i just bought fenders that retail at acura for $900 each for $250 each thru prime and they are in A1 shape to boot and don't need paint. it would be an interesting project. and i have seen some bad owner NSX's being made into beauties by a loving owner! i'm gonna say someone could fix up a badly damaged car and have a total of $25,000 invested in the end. but the car would always carry the original history.

Pricing can be funny though...

In the For Sale board, we currently have
- a 91 with 135K that looks very good, $24
- there is a 91 with 43K for $35K
- 94 with 60K for $32.5

I'd take that 94 in a heartbeat, even though the other two look just as good.

I do agree with lack of maint. may not make it a god idea to buy a high mileage car for most, me personally I think I got mine for cheap(nowhere near 25k) partially due to it having higher mileage, that doesn't bother me personally due to a couple reason 1) I work for honda in service 2) I come from a backround of being a person who loves modding their cars and I figured rather than pay 10k more for a car with low miles I would save the addtl. money for rebuilding later(think 3.8 sos motor, or a boosted rebuild :p).

Right now I am enjoying mine due to good maint. of previous owner and when the time comes for a rebuild I will make it better just as I have done to the rest of the car :)

The problem is strictly within the KBB value vs. how much people are willing to pay. If some one is selling their NSX for more than book value and people are still willing to pay for it, yes, it will go for more than $25k. That's how the market works. Earlier NSXs at the moment, is in a seller's market, the later NSX has a buyer's market.

Eventually, the market will have an adjustment simply because you can't have a 2005 selling at the same price as a 1991, and I believe the 2005 eventually will drop down to $30 to $40k range.

I have seen many early NA1 going for less than $25k, in fact, there was one last year sold for $17k, needed some work, but not $8k worth of work.

Never dump $$$ into a Salvage title car...the resale value isn't there and you will be throwing your money away.

All you have to do is just spend 5K more and get a really nice low mile early car for around 30K. Thats all it takes.

Paid 18k and yes you can find them. Great car but I will have twice that in making it a track rat going 3.5L W/turbo, suspension, and some time :smile:

Never dump $$$ into a Salvage title car...the resale value isn't there and you will be throwing your money away.

All you have to do is just spend 5K more and get a really nice low mile early car for around 30K. Thats all it takes.

wise words.

i got a salvage car, 4 years ago. learned my lession. hard to insure, issues all over the place and always suprises! :mad: never again.

with the nsx, u either pay up front or pay later. :smile: usually the better deal is up front.

the difference between a 91 for 25K with 120K miles and a 91 for $30K with 40k miles on the clock is night and day. definitly worth the extra $5000. If not in looks, then piece of mind and also less miles!

there are killer deals out there to be had. hard to find and there are about 10000 people to every deal that pops up. concider yourself lucky to even see one for 20k and under.

recently there has been a glut of nsx coming out for around 25k with 110K+ miles and some salvage titles.

they are around, just make sure maintenance is up to date or youll end up paying for it later.

regards
Rob

I payed $29,000.00 Cdn in 2007 for my 91 Berlina Black Beauty and it had 100,000 miles on it...and it came with the following:

*New Timing Belt/ Water Pump
*Tein Flex adjustable
*Dali Exhaust
*Alpine dvd/ 10" sub, upgraded JL Audio speakers
*19" / 18" Niche Rhine Rims (new rears)
*New Windshield
*Full Wings West Body Kit
*New speed sensor
*Valve adjustment--
*New cam plug seals, valve cover seals
*Dali coolant resevoir

So it is possible to get a great deal...but I did look for 2 full years and was very patient!

Dam:cool:

with the nsx, u either pay up front or pay later.

the difference between a 91 for 25K with 120K miles and a 91 for $30K with 40k miles on the clock is night and day. definitly worth the extra $5000. If not in looks, then piece of mind and also less miles!

just make sure maintenance is up to date or youll end up paying for it later.

Truer words have never been spoken. If a $25k car needs a timing belt and/or a clutch, you are over $30k. I paid $30k for my 40k mile car. It was 13 years old and it had NEVER been rained on. Had been in a showroom for 10 years. That was worth $5k to me.

:cool:

I had a KILLER deal, and I will leave it at that. :cool:
On original question:
NO WAY IN HELL. :biggrin:

Back