• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Goes Racing!

Saturday was our last race of the season for us, but the NSX's debut in a 90 minute double header at the Brands Hatch circuit here in the UK.

Running on a stock engine and gearbox, the races were to prove a thorough shakedown for the car and a chance to gain some publicity for the project, helped by one of the drivers being ex-Top Gear presenter Vicki Butler-Henderson.

Besides a few extra day-glo stickers (it would racing into the night), the car remains the same as posted a couple of weeks ago.

In qualifying, the car looked good and managed to finish 2nd in Class, just behind an ex-Works Integra DC5.

quali_MG_9366.jpg

_MG_0169.jpg

quali_MG_0175.jpg

No problems occurred, other than the smaller non-PAS steering rack was like a trucks! My dad is a big guy, and struggled, so you can imagine what it was like for Vikki who is on the little side!

Vikki needed extra padding, which meant she would have to start the race first before handing the car over. She was understandably nervous!

vickicollectionbay.jpg

The boys managed to somehow stay focused on the race preparation...

johns-1.jpg

Vikki made a great start, avoiding some incidents but sadly getting tagged my a couple of cars. You'd think they'd respect the fresh vinyl wrap!!

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Soon she was up to 5th overall, ahead of professionals including an ex-F1 driver!

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Sadly, my old man didn't get much luck. The gearbox became troublesome an was stuck in 3rd gear for the rest of the race.

_MG_0192.jpg

He brought it home 2nd in class (to the Integra), but with fastest lap as consolation.

_MG_0293.jpg

_MG_0464.jpg

Meanwhile, i managed to secure 2nd in the championship in our Elise despite a few knocks of our own!

IMG_0921.jpg

andy2.jpg

Later in the day, we decided to continue with the second race. That's right, still using just the one gear! Despite the handicap, the NSX beat Porsches and Astons and completed the race without fuss. What a car!

night_MG_9904.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

nightgt.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

We have a few plans over winter, so stay tuned!

IMG_0885.jpg

Super GT racing may have ended, but the NSX still has a life on track :biggrin:

awsome job and nice race report! I'm gealous:cool:

johns-1.jpg

I am sorry did you say something? :D

Just kidding but great job on the race and keep up the good work.....hate to see your car get dinged up like that but hey its racing.

Last edited:
Driven by Vicki of Fifth Gear. I am in awe. Congratulations to the team and I love the vinyl and Imola colour combo.

Still can't believe Vicki drove the NSX.

FANTASTIC Pictures, much success to you, please post some of Vicky, she is a sweet heart and GREAT driver!!

The gearbox issue was with selection, where it wouldn't come out of gears. It just couldn't take the heat, but is fine when cooled down.

The brakes are AP Racing, as used by touring cars here in Europe. They have extra wide calipers to fit pads required for endurance racing.

P1070175.jpg

Haven't got shots of Vikki, but her new website went up yesterday with some new photos :rolleyes:

http://www.butler-henderson.com/index.php

Driven by Vicki of Fifth Gear. I am in awe. Congratulations to the team and I love the vinyl and Imola colour combo.

Still can't believe Vicki drove the NSX.

That doesn't look like the girl from Fifth Gear at all... :eek:

Wow... I love the wrap. It looks beautiful in motion. The Elise looks like Exige and that damaged clam looks expensive.

Thanks :biggrin: It is a Lotus Motorsport Elise, built for a one make series just before the Exige came out. It was never a road car...

I like your paint schemes:wink:

That's awesome. Congrats guys! Great to see the NSX at bigger races.

Any more info on the car? Tire size, suspension, etc... Are those stock fenders?

It is pretty stock really Billy, as the class rules dictate. The wheels are standard offset, a little wider. The front fenders are OEM but flared by the bodyshop.

The suspension is by Quantum, who cater for the Super GT cars. They are essentially off the shelf Group N items from where the NSX is raced in Japan.

Over winter she will be getting a nice Hewland with paddleshift, power steering and perhaps some centre lock rims for faster stops.

Back