• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX is slow...oh really?

When someone posts a video all I get on my screen is a black box?? Anyone know what that's about?? Thanks.....

NICE. Having driven a new NSX, I can personally attest that it is not a slow car, not by a longshot. Whether it's 3.3 s 0-60 or 2.7 s, you will feel your face melt off either way in Launch Mode.

NICE. Having driven a new NSX, I can personally attest that it is not a slow car, not by a longshot. Whether it's 3.3 s 0-60 or 2.7 s, you will feel your face melt off either way in Launch Mode.

I don’t think many people consider it slow. It’s just that at 200k there were faster options out there

MC

0-150MPH and 0-180MPH, its not a contest.
R35 wins hands down once the RLX-sourced battery packs
shut down at 120MPH for NC1. And the standard GT-R is faster
to 150MPH, you don’t even need the Nismo to top NC1

https://carbuzz.com/news/drivetribe-learns-the-nsx-can-t-touch-the-911-turbo-or-gt-r-on-the-track

They were getting up to 140 in this video. Also, there are VERY few places that you will ever do a 0-150 let alone 0-180mph. A lot of tracks don't even have straights that long and you can forget about that on the streets as well. Which again shows that this is one of the fastest cars for the street you can get with $150k. Let's stop calling it a $200k car when we all know its $150k. You can't quote the fully loaded price on one car and then the cheapest used base model price of another one and call it comparable.

Who cares.... The GTR is BUTT ugly. I looked at one and it did nothing for me.

I absolutely agree if we are talking about styling and looks I can't imagine anyone truly favoring the GTR in that contest. I've parked next to numerous GTR's at shows, one was even a 1300hp 8-second GTR and most people simply glanced at it after standing and staring at the NSX or asking questions about it. I've been to at lease 20 car shows and at the Minneapolis auto show the last two years talking about the car and it draws a huge crowd every time it is out.

Last edited:
And out comes the peanut gallery to try and minimize what this video depicts and what the NSX can do. Lots of cherry picking numbers to make your point as well.

The NC1 is damned fast, case closed.

The NSX is faster and superior stock for stock. You can only use so much HP on the street my A9 GTR is useless on the streets.

The only thing that truly makes the GT-R a special car now and for years was the push and hard work from the aftermarket.

The NSX a $150k car can keep up and easily compete with the $170k Nismo.

Also as far as looks its no contest the NSX is one of the best looking cars on the market hands down. Its simply stunning.

blah blah blah......

We have a Black GTR and it's not contest which car most people prefer to look at. HOWEVER.......if you needed to carry 2 small kids + an adult, now the GTR will win hands down and about the only time someone grabs the keys to the GTR or any of our other 2-seater stable cars.

www.euroboutique.us

The NSX is faster and superior stock for stock. You can only use so much HP on the street my A9 GTR is useless on the streets.

The only thing that truly makes the GT-R a special car now and for years was the push and hard work from the aftermarket.

The NSX a $150k car can keep up and easily compete with the $170k Nismo.

Also as far as looks its no contest the NSX is one of the best looking cars on the market hands down. Its simply stunning.

Why the rotten NSX sales performance if all this is true?

Do you or have you ever owned an NSX (any year)?

Last edited:
Why the rotten NSX sales performance if all this is true?

Do you or have you ever owned an NSX (any year)?

The rotten sales performance if I had to guess is because at this price point there are many options. If this is your first or second supercar/sportscar Acura is not usually going to be 1 of the choices. Most people will default to Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, Mclaren. Once you get those brands out of the way either by owning or driving them will some people start to appreciate the NSX. The NSX isn't the best looking, quickest, fastest, most practical, etc and doesn't really do any 1 thing the best so if you are a brand snob or pure performance #'s person this is probably not going to be a car you will consider. My NSX actually gets almost 0 attention in So Cal, just the way I like it. I bought the car for myself and not for any one else. The rarer it is, the more I like it. As a daily driver I think the only other car that I have owned that would be as good or better would be a 911 Turbo cab (more storage, more seats, just as reliable) and when I had that I never really wanted to drive it over my 986 boxster or my 987 boxster spyder. This new nsx I always want to drive

They are all "whim" cars.

God bless you if you can afford your whims.

Gaymondleerpv, you just bought the wrong color. lol

Yeah I don't like black but @ $60k off msrp I liked it better vs other colors

Not surprised it is quicker than the Nismo, (even the NSX somehow sat 3 feet behind the start line) indeed, I was shocked that some (may be 2 out of 10?) 1/4 mile tests, GTR is quicker .. (marginal)

I am sure they are closed, I have driven the early GTR, a 2013 or 2014, they are fast, but you need to push them to get the "punch" while the NSX, as long as you are in the Sports+ or Track mode, the power is instant, off the line or rolling, I have driven the R8 V10, McLaren 570/650/720, Ferrari, Z06, 911 Turbo etc etc .. other than the 911 Turbo and 720S, the new NSX is as quick or quicker! My 2014 Stage 1 S8 is probably faster than my NSX at high speed, but I guess it is hard for any car to beat the new NSX for 1/8mile!

I believe this was at a high DA as well. So people in higher altitude areas have even more of an advantage with the electric motors.

impressive.... Faster than a 458, LFA, and 911T......

This is one of my favorite videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkI24z1t7Eg I watched it every night while my car was in transit...... Car and driver do a good job.

So, take a look at this: https://blog.dupontregistry.com/videos/mid-engine-corvette-nurburgring-video/ Corvette C8..... Sounds bad, car is unstable and rolls way too much. Shifts are slow and not crisp. Some think it's a turbo, but it sounds like a big block to me? I'm not impressed. Not anti Corvette, but doesn't look like anything revolutionary to me at this point.

After watching the C8 video, watch and compare to this NSX video: https://youtu.be/FfB5eHO1nq4 Note how much better the car handles the curves, and throttle before the apex.

I need to add driving on the Nurburgring to my bucket list..... I understand you can rent Porsche GT3's.......

Yes, Sabine is amazing....... She knows the Nurburgring like the back of her hand, but she can drive..... and talk up a storm while doing it. Too bad she retired, certainly another bucket list item. Just some things you never get to in life. I also regret never having gone to a formula 1 race when Michael Schumacher was driving in the V-10 era..... Would like to have heard that in person...... but I digress...... !

Corvette C8..... Sounds bad, car is unstable and rolls way too much. Shifts are slow and not crisp. Some think it's a turbo, but it sounds like a big block to me? I'm not impressed. Not anti Corvette, but doesn't look like anything revolutionary to me at this point.

After watching the C8 video, watch and compare to this NSX video: Note how much better the car handles the curves, and throttle before the apex.

The NSX looks glued to the ground in that video. The C8 looks like it has more body roll than the BMW SUV from the NSX video, car is moving all over the place. Not sure if I'm alone here either but the styling from the door back looks like a modern take on the 91 NSX and the front of the car screams 458. I definitely don't hate the looks. Maybe all those disappointed in the new NSX being hybrid and $150k will go pick up one of these for $70k.

Back