• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Regret thread

I know this one is going to be a strange thread, but I think it may actually help a lot of people from making the same mistakes.

Please post about things you have done regarding your NSX that in retrospect, were mistakes. That way others will think twice. It can be anything from a mod you didn't like, to selling something you should have kept, to a place you parked, etc.

We always talk about things we like, but what things do you regret?

I will start, I'd like to hear from others:

I sold my 2005 shift knob. This was the best feeling, most well damped knob I have ever used. It was a mistake, I want it back.

Regret getting Sorcery widebody kit. Reason, too much attention from people I had to remove it after 3 months. I should spend it either full 02 conversion or keep the NSX stock and painted it formula red like it originally painted.

Regret not sending the car at the wellknown tuner shop, instead spending $$$ on unnecessary parts at a cheaper workshop for wrong diagnosis.
:frown:

I sold my NSX, but when I had it, I regretted lowering it so much with the Wings West front lip and I regret making it so loud.

I also sold my car, and felt the regret when the new owner drove it away :frown:, it was a very nice 99 berlina black on black with only 30k mile, pick her up 3 years ago but only put about 3K mile on, since it sat in garage most of time, figure i sell her my big mistake, but two weeks ago pick up another, a 91 nsx red/ivory,in pristine condition, original and untouch, so the time frame was less than 2 weeks when i pick up another X, even though i don't drive it much, it brings a smile to me when i go out to the garage, i will never sell it :biggrin:

Regret selling my 2002 Imola Orange Pearl/Onyx interior NSX which was 1 of 8 made for the U.S. market between 2002 and 2005 AND the only one made in its year....sigh....:frown:

But happy I'm back into another!:tongue:

Had a slight cancer scare last year so I sold it to my best friend:frown:. 10 months later I bought it back.:smile:

-Buying that over priced terrable fitting Cf dash replacement from Dali

-Gutting my stock cats only to spend too much on a random tec set 6 weeks later.

-Going with DF 02+ parts (fiberglass is hard to get smooth) If I was to do it again I would have gone OEM.

-Passing on a S/C for 5k that was for sale a year ago on prime. (had the extra cash to):frown:

Regret the first time I tracked the NSX, it's been costing me a fortune. :cool:

PS: regret wasting the last 12 years of my life flying around people from the trailer park in a little aluminum tube everyday. At least I only have 6 more days to go. :)

I bought a very low milage car (2004 with 7600 miles on it) and now I want to drive it and enjoy it but i also want to keep the milage as low as possible because there isn't many of them left. The car is at 9600 miles now.

Interesting thread. I regret getting rid of my ivory interior, getting the 4.44 gears installed, buying from Dali, and taking out the AC.

EDIT: I also regret passing on a Zanardi. :(

Last edited:
If I knew that the last year for the NSX was 2005. I would have gotten an 2005. It's still not too late and give my 2004 to my daughter!:biggrin:

I bought a very low milage car (2004 with 7600 miles on it) and now I want to drive it and enjoy it but i also want to keep the milage as low as possible because there isn't many of them left. The car is at 9600 miles now.

Why? you bought it to enjoy , go enjoy it. Why feel bad about it? :confused:

I regret buying my 2002+ rims in a color I really don't like. The PO had them painted in a brown/gray that was supposed to replicate Honda Washi Gray. The wheels look more tan than anything, but enough brake dust makes them sort of look gunmetal. :rolleyes: Some days I like them, some days I don't. I should have waited until a gunmetal set came along, but I was so excited to have the car and got such a good deal ($1500 for wheels and new Yokos) that I jumped. Now I have to spend $1000 on a refinish to gunmetal. :mad:

Interesting thread. I regret getting rid of my ivory interior, getting the 4.44 gears installed, buying from Dali, and taking out the AC.

EDIT: I also regret passing on a Zanardi. :(

Why do you regret the 4.44 gears?? Fuel economy?

I regret not buying a newer NSX (2002+) like I was advised to do but at the time I did not like the fixed headlights and didn't think the 6spd was worth the extra money. Since then they have grown on me some but if I were to do it all again I would just get a facelifted coupe and make it as light as I could for the best use of itb's.

Last edited:
LOL... didn't realize this thread was going to take off like this... interesting stories.

I regret buying my 2002+ rims in a color I really don't like. The PO had them painted in a brown/gray that was supposed to replicate Honda Washi Gray. The wheels look more tan than anything, but enough brake dust makes them sort of look gunmetal. :rolleyes: Some days I like them, some days I don't. I should have waited until a gunmetal set came along, but I was so excited to have the car and got such a good deal ($1500 for wheels and new Yokos) that I jumped. Now I have to spend $1000 on a refinish to gunmetal. :mad:

Honcho contact synth19, he knows someone that will refinish for $85/wheel and is high quality.

Where is the smilie with tears in his eyes, you snivellers! :tongue::D

Buying it from a PO that didn't keep any records and me having to upgrade all maintenance items after I bought it (exspensive - but I learned a lot). :redface:

I regret buying the Tein Type Flex set. It was the first performance mod I did to the car and I thought,"It's an NSX... who would make junk for such a great car? Even the lowest priced set must be good. Wrong) :mad:

They got the valving all wrong, IMO. By the time you adjust the knob enough to get good compression valving, the rebound is WAY too hard. Obviously, getting the rebound right made the compression too soft. Also, there was low-speed understeer that I could never dial out without making the front end too soft to have a good feel while driving the car hard or on the track. "Feel", I know, is subjective, but i was just never happy with any setting I put it on. I tried changing spring pre-tension, but just never got it right.

The KW V3 on the car now is best I've felt in an NSX, even vs a JRZ set (though I did not get an opportunity to tune the JRZ to my liking - who knows if I could have gotten those to work out well for me, but I'm guessing I could have based on their reputation).

J

Last edited:
Back