• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX Shop / Speedy Parts Japan

Does anyone know if The NSX Shop or renamed Speedy Parts Japan is still in business?
I’m looking for a EACV valve part # 36450-PR7-A01 for my 92 NSX that part shows discontinued here in US.
THX, JV

Great vendor, have bought several items from them.

I was about to order some engine hatch and trunk struts but the shipping was a shock. Is that a recent thing with the pandemic or is there just no affordable alternative from Japan?

I was about to order some engine hatch and trunk struts but the shipping was a shock. Is that a recent thing with the pandemic or is there just no affordable alternative from Japan?

Probably 2 reasons...1 being COVID-19 but the other is that since they are technically gas filled they have to come via FedEx and there is probably a surcharge for that "type" of item. I know when I ordered my OEM dampers last year shipping was a punch to the gut because of the weight, size, and they are gas filled.

why not send yours to Frank at Strutwise to have them recharged?

Try Amayama. I have ordered parts from them on a number of occassions and I have found that if you select the Japan Post / EMS option the shipping cost is very reasonable. In fact, when I compare against the various US based discount vendors, Amayama's shipping costs are hands down cheaper to ship to Canada - go figure! To boot, as I recall Amayama's shipping is tracked and insured.

I just received a shipment of parts from Amayama about a week ago so they are still shipping, at least to Canada. Took about 1 week longer than it normally takes.

Is the NSX Shop / Mita using EMS? I ordered parts from the NSX Shop a couple of years ago and I thought they came with a Japan Post sticker on them. If Mita is using EMS I would wonder why their rates would be different than Amayama's shipping rates. If they have switched to using a courier, I could see the rates going way up.

Try Amayama. . . . Is the NSX Shop / Mita using EMS? . . . If they have switched to using a courier, I could see the rates going way up.
I believe both were using FedEx, which may be because of the gas charge in the struts. It looks like I will be able to get through a US source though, so I'm still waiting on that.

Also, Frank at StrutWise responded and is still working on these.

I just sent a note to Strutwise to see; I thought I read here that they weren't necessarily still operating.

Yes. He had some health issues resulting in hospitalization. After initially contacting him back around early March I sent him some trunk struts from another car. I never received an update back from him. I did eventually contact him and he explained about the health issues; but, after emailing him a couple of times after that I had no response. I don't know whether the parts got lost or he has ceased operations - although the web site is/was still up. I gave up and just ordered new struts for the trunk.

I suggest you actually telephone him rather than email and see if you can get a commitment on turn-around time. If he was out of commission for a significant period of time he may have a big back-log and turn-around may be slow.

As an observation, new trunk struts from Amayama are only $37 USD and Amayama is forecasting 2 week shipping to Canada.

As an observation, new trunk struts from Amayama are only $37 USD and Amayama is forecasting 2 week shipping to Canada.
Yea, for two trunk struts, two hatch struts, and two ball studs, the total was $185. Shipping was an additional $235. So I looked elsewhere.

I believe both were using FedEx, which may be because of the gas charge in the struts. It looks like I will be able to get through a US source though, so I'm still waiting on that.

Also, Frank at StrutWise responded and is still working on these.

Out of curiosity, I ran an order for the struts through on the Amayama site and yes, the EMS option was no longer available. The actual shipping cost did not show because I had to request a quote. The Fed Ex option likely puts a serious dent into the cost calculation.

Out of curiosity, I ran an order for the struts through on the Amayama site and yes, the EMS option was no longer available. The actual shipping cost did not show because I had to request a quote. The Fed Ex option likely puts a serious dent into the cost calculation.

Unfortunately right now EMS has ceased delivery to the USA because of COVID-19 so no matter what anyone ordering from Amayama for USA delivery has to use FedEx. Additionally because the struts are gas charged they can’t be sent via EMS anyways pandemic or not so ya $235 makes sense for just the struts...gas under pressure shipment + pandemic = OUCH on the wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an order process out from Japan Post on May3 and it still hasn’t made it yet. I think shipping times for them are really bogged down right now I guess. Part of my order was sent fed ex due to the size and it did get here much quicker obviously. Hoping the rest shows up soon. I will also add MitaSports are really stand up guys. They way under shot the fed ex freight shipment and Marc ate the difference. Everybody may be aware but if first time ordering from Japan you may have to pay duties also depending on cost. Fed Ex just sent a bill after the fact which was good. Not sure how the Japan Post will work.

I had an order process out from Japan Post on May3 and it still hasn’t made it yet.

For delivery in the US? If so I’m shocked that Japan Post would even pick up the package. They stopped accepting packages destined for the US on April 24th. You may be waiting for a long time for that package

Yeah to US. Oh wow hope I’m not misreading the tracking. Could you take a look and see if I am. First time I’ve had something that came that way. Marc said it was on the boat and wouldn’t update until it gets to US post office. He said Japan Post accepted it as ground shipping.

http://tracking.post.japanpost.jp/services/srv/search/direct?locale=en&reqCodeNo1=CN003073925JP

Oh you had it shipped via sea that changes things. Japan Post/EMS isn’t doing air mail to the US currently but by sea they are. And yes you won’t get an update until it hits customs.

I ordered from amayama back in april and just received it today but only because i emailed them and requested status on my order to only receive a reply stating that i must opt out to paying the FedEx premium shipping prices if i want it asap, if not i will have to wait until things get better which is uncertain on when they will

I am glad you posted this because it just made me check my delivery status and looks like it arrived in country today! So I am about 2 months in to help give an indication of time frames for people also. Look forward to getting the goodies!

Amayama was great
Ordered and paid for that EVAC idle control valve on June 24 shipped via FedEx direct delivered 6 days later on the 30th
Shipping cost $64 for that $187 part

Back