• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The NSX/Taiwan Connection

Leave it to a white guy to start a thread like this, but I'm sincerely curious....A large number of NSX owners that I know are from there, I'm just calling out all the others I might not know personally....(Vance gave me permission to do this :biggrin: )

You got one here from Seattle, Washington......and I am currently in Taiwan for vacation......hot like hell, 100+ degree everyday without my X...

We just meet at the last Chino Hills Thai BBQ meet.

come out to the Seattle montly meet next time!
I took my car up to Bellevue/Seattle last August and I was the only Chinese guy from Taiwan. Dan on the other hand, is my Vietnamese buddy:tongue: Close enough:biggrin:

Last edited:
Well i was born in Los Angeles, but my parents are from Taiwan... Does that count?

We just meet at the last Chino Hills Thai BBQ meet.
Is this statement directed at me James ? Because I first met you at the South Coast Acura meets, and then you also came to the Trabuco BBQ last weekend. Anyway, Ni hao ma ?

Well i was born in Los Angeles, but my parents are from Taiwan... Does that count?
Hey !!! You're from Brea ? I was born in Fullerton, but I grew up in Brea !!! Anyway, to answer your question, yes, of course it counts, but in order to prove your heritage, please bring some good tasting mi-fan to an upcoming SCA meet:biggrin: ( I can't make this Thursday however).

Is this statement directed at me James ? Because I first met you at the South Coast Acura meets, and then you also came to the Trabuco BBQ last weekend. Anyway, Ni hao ma ?

Yes Mike, sorry I forgot we had met at SCA, but I'm glade to seat down and have dinner with you and all the other NSX owner there.

Hey !!! You're from Brea ? I was born in Fullerton, but I grew up in Brea !!! Anyway, to answer your question, yes, of course it counts, but in order to prove your heritage, please bring some good tasting mi-fan to an upcoming SCA meet:biggrin: ( I can't make this Thursday however).

Wah-Lay, "mi-fan" is soo overrated. Bring some stinky-tofu "Chou To Fu" or "Oh Ah Mi Suan" and we'll talk. :cool:

No Taiwan connection here, but you guys are making me hungary.:tongue: :biggrin: :wink: :cool:

Taiwanese descent, and worked in Taipei/Hsinchu from 2002-2004. Still have a studio apartment in Taipei, and go back for business 3-4 times a year. Had a restaurant/bar in Taipei from 2004-2006, but was too hard to manage with myself and one of the other partners away from Taiwan most of the time.

Last edited:
Oh crap we got some bigtime FOB's in here if you guys want mi fan or oh ah mi suan!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could make the meet on thursday. actually just put my x in a ditch over the weekend its gotta go to the shop.... doh!!!

Next meeting i will bring bah wan to the event.

I am Vietnamese. I know there is an NSX in Viet Nam and there are lots of Vietnamese NSX owners on NSXPrime.:biggrin:

Yeah Taiwanese here, moved to Vancouver, Canada 15 years ago.

<----------- my ID :biggrin:

Born then move to US when I was 15.

Taiwanese and proud of it.

Born in Taiwan, came to the US when I was 8. Go back to Asia 4-6 times a year for business (includes China...don't flame me). Proud to be Taiwanese except when senators/law-makers bum-rush committee chairs in the chambers, and punch/spit/throw shoes at each other (all on TV, i might add). When my non-asian friends ask me what's up with that, I just say they're Korean =) jk.

Born in Taiwan, came to the US when I was 8. Go back to Asia 4-6 times a year for business (includes China...don't flame me). Proud to be Taiwanese except when senators/law-makers bum-rush committee chairs in the chambers, and punch/spit/throw shoes at each other (all on TV, i might add). When my non-asian friends ask me what's up with that, I just say they're Korean =) jk.

Is that your x in your avatar? what wheels are those? they look hot!!

Im guessing they're TE37s?

i'm taiwanese. but no nsx yet =(

Back