• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2013 F1 Thread...

Last edited:
That would have been awkwardly interesting! I guess Hulkenberg also said "no" to the two race deal. He may end up like Jean Alesi, never able to make the right move to the right car at the right time!

Just got my GA Ticket in the mail today! Whew, talk about cutting it close! I fly out Saturday morning, should be in early in the afternoon in Austin. Only attending the race. Got a rental, meeting and staying with friends in San Antonio. So FREAKING EXCITED!!! My first F1 race!

Just got my GA Ticket in the mail today! Whew, talk about cutting it close! I fly out Saturday morning, should be in early in the afternoon in Austin. Only attending the race. Got a rental, meeting and staying with friends in San Antonio. So FREAKING EXCITED!!! My first F1 race!

Have fun! Bring ear plugs. If you are staying in SA, I think you can take the toll way (east of the Interstate) up to Austin. That is the one with 85 mph speed limit!

Miner

Have fun! Bring ear plugs. If you are staying in SA, I think you can take the toll way (east of the Interstate) up to Austin. That is the one with 85 mph speed limit!

Miner

Ear plugs are for wimps!!

Heikki Kovalainen is the man of the weekend! He says Kimi's bucket is too wide for him. Despite the ill-fitting seat, he is still fast. (well, it's all relative ... "0.768 seconds off pacesetter Sebastian Vettel in practice")

1384559091.jpg

Are those blond eyebrows or has Heiki aged very much? LOL
I guess Hulk's turning down the last two drives for Lotus shows he is not assured of that seat but wants to keep his ties with Sauber. I like the guy, he seems to be consistantly fast and measured in his racing.
Where do you guys think he will end up?

I flew jets for 25 years, so my hearing isn't the greatest anymore. However, at last year's race, even with earplugs I could feel my eardrums vibrate. It was pretty amazing how loud and piercing the noise is from these engines.

Already deaf then!
A V-12 in downtown Phoenix was loud and screaming high freq!

Pretty much! lol

I'll have a pair of ear plugs just in case, but I wanna soak it all in! This is my first GP!
I'm in Denver right meow, enroute to Austin!

Last edited:
Go to a corner that requires traction control to exit quickly, and compare the engine sound of Vettel's car against everyone else's. RB have implemented traction control by varying the charging rate in real time to KERS.

I won't be the first one to tell you this (but it seems like I am the first one here): the cars are much smaller when you see them in person compared to when you see them on TV. It further boggles the mind that they can fit so much electronics and mechanical bits into such a small and lightweight chassis.

Pretty much! lol

I'll have a pair of ear plugs just in case, but I wanna soak it all in! This is my first GP!
I'm in Denver right meow, enroute to Austin!

Hope you didn't need ear plugs it's loud but not so much it didn't bother to me in Monte Carlo where soud is much louder.
As for race hope you enjoyed though was not so spectacular.

Does exist some engineer who can stop Newey's dominance next year or gap it's too big?Are realy F1 experts in pit lane right when say RB is favourit for 2014.
2012. season was incredible I want replay.

Incredible. Seb continues to amaze everyone and every record, yet people, including some on this forum, refuse to even mention his name, preferring instead to point at one engineer's dominance.
Vettel has truly silenced his critics ! At one point, whether he continues to amass records or God forbids ends up like Senna, everyone will rush to make him a legend. Too bad.

Adrian Newey has produced one amazing car. I'd love to see all of the tricks they've done to get past some of the rules. Using KERS to implement traction control (w/ the other teams still wondering how they're doing it) is incredible and creative engineering work.

Adrian Newey has produced one amazing car. I'd love to see all of the tricks they've done to get past some of the rules. Using KERS to implement traction control (w/ the other teams still wondering how they're doing it) is incredible and creative engineering work.

+1 on Adrian and Seb extracting the most from "all the tricks" build into the car. As long as those two are on the same team, its hard to beat. We all know what Webber is capable of doing....will be interesting to see what Daniel Ricciardo[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] can do next year, although personally, I would like to see a top dog teamed with Seb. ie Freddy/Hamster/Kimi/Nico.[/FONT]

Incredible. Seb continues to amaze everyone and every record, yet people, including some on this forum, refuse to even mention his name, preferring instead to point at one engineer's dominance.
Vettel has truly silenced his critics ! At one point, whether he continues to amass records or God forbids ends up like Senna, everyone will rush to make him a legend. Too bad.

I will be sure Seb is that good as you mention when does he win race in less competitive car. Nearly all year RB is min. 0,5 sec per lap faster then other cars thanks to Adrian Newey and this is fact.Do you think Romain is better driver than Lewis or Fernando?He finished last 4 race in front of them.
If Newey build again winning car for next year(probably will)Seb can win and be 5 time WC and 6,7... but he will never be like SENNA.

I hope Lewis gets his groove back. Hopefully his old cracked chassis has been the underlying issue from the 2nd half of this season. I would love for him to make a podium finish in Brazil in a new chassis.

No opinion on Seb from me. I believe it's been a great RB team effort. I haven't seen enough yet to convince me he's a superior driver but there are a lot of signs of it. The way he hit his fastest time somewhere inside the last 5laps on old tires was impressive.

Am I the only one who can't stand Alonso and basically how Italy/F-Car runs that team? Sorry.. it's just a newbie observation probably.

Back