• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2013 F1 Thread...

NSXrebel you will have to wait untill Jenson get on podium(I rather see him than Red Bull or Merc).
Finally Alonso and I see Ferarri very competitive.It was interesting race.

Webber and Gutierrez 3 and 5 place penalty for Bahrein.

Last edited:
Kind of a nail biter... all the podium positions were well-deserved.... feel bad for Webber.

So a professional driver, at the very pinnacle of our sport says he didn't see a faster car approaching going into a corner? Webber could not take a trick this weekend, and with the way his weekend was going he should have known Vergne was driving blind! Another race where history will show how badly he finished, and yet how little his driving had to do with it. How much bad luck can 1 driver have?? :(

On a different note, what a great weekend Daniel Ricciardo had! Finally got the monkey off his back from his bad race in similar circumstances last year.

He'd also probably won if he hadn't drove it too deep into the next to last corner. But he did and he didn't!
I've lost a lot of respect for Vettel for his comments following Malyasia. Not a class act.

True, but even though his comments may be out of line, it doesn't take away from his ability to drive. I actually fell asleep during the middle of the grand prix and woke up probably 15 laps or so before it ended. I almost fell back asleep until the commentators said something like Vettel made up 3 seconds in that last lap and may catch Hamilton.

As long as it's not the Cans winning, I'm all for it. Of course I'd rather it be Jenny or Kimi.

Button and Perez are doing really well!

Ahhh ... the two teammates are finally racing each other. And Jenson stays ahead.

I hope Perez doesn't loose his composure after being passed by Grosjean in such an embarrassing manner!

Last edited:
I still haven't heard the definitive answer of why Button was slowing down towards the end. He said his dual with Perez cost him a set of tires. But, really? So Perez came out on top just for giving it a go?

Apparently tyres have become the biggest issue at the moment. And it's more about individual car setup than how the chassis uses the tyres. Examples are the difference between Webber and Vettel, how Vettel could stretch his tyre usage beyond anyone else, while still setting the fastest laps of the race, whereas Webber was using his tyres aggressively to gain positions in the pack, and his tyres were "shot" well before his tyre "window". The same for Rosberg and Button, as soon as they tried that bit harder the tyres were gone, while their team mates seemed to fair much better. If it weren't for Button, I would put it down to the driver being too aggressive, but we all know how easy Button is on his tyres, normally.

Obviously there is a very small window of optimum tyre performance, even smaller than last year, and if you luck into it all good, but if you miss the window, well you're just out of luck. Webber summed it up - "If you race people hard then you run out of tyres, but if you don't then they come through".

Not sure I'm liking it, even if it does throw up some interesting racing.

Haha that was a great little scrap between the pair of them! :biggrin: Thought it was a pretty good race for Bahrain, i just hope this isn't the sign of things to come regarding Vettel.

Quoting

BBC Sport : Jenson Button says McLaren's form is 'embarrassing'

Button dropped from 14th to 17th at the start before a good strategy allowed him to score points with eighth, one place ahead of team-mate Sergio Perez.

"It's a little bit embarrassing because we're not doing a very good job at the moment," said the 2009 world champion.

"We are doing everything we can. Thanks for the support from the fans."

McLaren are enduring one of their worst starts to the season in their recent history, with hopes of a first constructors' title since 1998 fading by the race.

The team are sixth in the constructors' championship, 102 points - more than four race wins - behind leader Red Bull after five races, with a best finish of fifth for Button in China.​

But at least they are closer to finding what their problem is: McLaren adopts bridged sidepod panel

What about Hamilton's move on Webber at La Rascasse? How they managed to fit 2 F1 cars there, without touching, just great driving by both drivers. I found it a very entertaining race, and why would you expect a lot of overtaking at this track? All you can hope for is the driver in front making a mistake to have any hope of overtaking [except maybe for Perez] Bit of a problem when the guy behind makes a mistake though.............. :D

Back