• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2013 F1 Thread...

Five used McLaren MP4-12C coupes at the local dealership, the newest one having only gone 1882 miles before it's traded back in:

http://www.mclarennb.com/searchused.aspx?make=McLaren

The mclaren mp12-4c never really took off. I think they're banking their reputation on the p1 that's going to be released as the successor to the f1.

That said I didn't see any mclaren action going on in the race...

not too bad for a first time..nbc that is.....It feels comfortable and familiar to have the speed crew rehired....also interresting to have the uninterupted feed during comercials...but very hard to follow the action......sutil drove a solid race....what was his legal issue they were discussing....they also said hamo would not testify for him,and for that sutil was pissed so that added some interresting drama to his pass at the end...I hope JB gets an improving car.....and glad to see that RBR is not superhuman yet...

not too bad for a first time..nbc that is.....It feels comfortable and familiar to have the speed crew rehired....also interresting to have the uninterupted feed during comercials...but very hard to follow the action......sutil drove a solid race....what was his legal issue they were discussing....they also said hamo would not testify for him,and for that sutil was pissed so that added some interresting drama to his pass at the end...I hope JB gets an improving car.....and glad to see that RBR is not superhuman yet...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ish-champion-fails-support-assault-trial.html

thanks.....note to self..don't through fluted glasses over peoples heads...

It is a new and smooth circuit.

McLaren may do better this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting:

Renault explains F1 engine throttles

Without the engine freeze, what would we be seeing now with regards to throttle design?

"Actually, without any regulations you probably would not have throttles any more. In 2011 when teams were using maps to power off throttle blown floors, throttles were left (more or less) open the entire lap to maintain exhaust flow, and torque and ignition maps alone were used to control the torque produced. If the rules had not been clarified, then the air intake would have been left fully opened and torque would have been controlled completely by ignition. This would have made very efficient cars."​

Wow. Amazing. Can we try running a permanently open throttle on a modded Civic Type R?

What he ^ said.

Yea,so much about team orders.It's been always about F cars now this in Mercedes box it was low(and not only in Merc Box).
Shame for Fernando's bad luck.

Last edited:
"but all I can say is that I didn't do it deliberately."

Vettel's apology to Webber for ignoring team orders, and actually passing Webber after they were supposed to "turn down" their motors and coast home. And he probably said it with a straight face too!! How do you spend 2 laps wheel to wheel and not do it deliberately? :rolleyes:

Before the last stops Webber had a 4+ second lead as Vettel pulled into the pits. Obviously they were both instructed to back off, save the cars and coast to a 1-2 victory. Webber did as he was told but Vettel closed the gap on his out lap - most probably because Webber had already backed off [he had a normally quick pit stop]. The rest is history.

I wonder what admonishment Helmut Marko will give Vettel for disobeying team orders? Yeah right. :biggrin:

I just watch their fight again, "its silly...come on".....regardless who is going to take the driver's crown, Webber being classy Webber, I hope he will be in a similar situation again and not let Vettel thru and apologize later the same way Vettel did to him.....Webber could kept the 4+ sec. gap and not let off too much knowing his teammate....you just can't be nice in F1 on track. A selfish, cheap win for Vettel imo. I understand Vettel wants to show the world he is the fastest but he has plenty of races left.

Senna v Prost all over again...

at least at Suzuka, that race was a deciding factor for the championship.....do or die....in Malaysia, its only the 2nd race....plenty of fights left.
I do agree the DRS/KERS have made F1 more exciting to watch but the driver's answers in most interviews are almost the same race after race to lacking the "passion/fire in he stomach" during Senna/Prost era. Of course they are trained to allow say certain things to keep it corporate clean.

Team order was given, if Webber could not hold off Vettel, he could have crash into Vettel(like NASCAR today) and nobody wins => Vettel fault = The Hamster wins!!
then Nico could have a fit for stayed put.

Renault explains F1 engine throttles

Without the engine freeze, what would we be seeing now with regards to throttle design?

"Actually, without any regulations you probably would not have throttles any more. In 2011 when teams were using maps to power off throttle blown floors, throttles were left (more or less) open the entire lap to maintain exhaust flow, and torque and ignition maps alone were used to control the torque produced. If the rules had not been clarified, then the air intake would have been left fully opened and torque would have been controlled completely by ignition. This would have made very efficient cars."​

Wow. Amazing. Can we try running a permanently open throttle on a modded Civic Type R?

Wow indeed. That would be been amazing tech to see.

Senna v Prost all over again...

As competetive as Weber is, he, I believe understands his role in the team and that he is second to Vettel. Each year he re-signs with RB, and I believe he recognizes that he will not get the Vettel treatment. That or he is the most naive person in the world.

Both Senna and Prost were world's champion drivers, with the egos and drive to be number 1. After a few days of cooling off, Weber will cash his huge paycheck that is made out to "Mark Weber, Number 2 driver on the team," and the balance will be restored.

Race sucked. As soon as Alonso fell out, I hit FF to the end.

Miner

Last edited:
Back