• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

Something is not right...
9df5744e8ca3047f01bbb6d8a55ccb05.jpg

Dark rumors say that Stroll crashed into Vettel to help Mercedes in the championship...

it's the cool down lap, and Vettel came from behind and crossed left into the path of Stroll (who was admittedly drifting slightly right). 'nuff said... :wink:

it's the cool down lap, and Vettel came from behind and crossed left into the path of Stroll (who was admittedly drifting slightly right). 'nuff said... :wink:
I agree it was stupid on Vettel's part. But he didn't cause the collision. I think redheads have this instinct to pass everyone even on cool down lap [emoji3]

Guess you didn't see the view from the camera in the car behind Stroll.:confused:

yes, i saw all the same angles you did.

again, Vettel came from behind, and turned left into Stroll's path, on a cool down lap.

an asinine situation at best. when racing, or on a race track, you are responsible for what is in front of you, not what is behind. and especially on a cool down lap, when you would not be expecting a close pass from behind you. simple common sense really...

yes, i saw all the same angles you did.

again, Vettel came from behind, and turned left into Stroll's path, on a cool down lap.

an asinine situation at best. when racing, or on a race track, you are responsible for what is in front of you, not what is behind. and especially on a cool down lap, when you would not be expecting a close pass from behind you. simple common sense really...
Vettel didn't turn. Sky Sports post race included great camera angle where you can see Vettel coming around Stroll and that's when Stroll drifts to the outside.

check the onboard footage from the Ferrari.

https://youtu.be/a3hlnpZIQNk

again, Vettel came from behind Stroll at a higher rate of speed. was on the outside of the track, and absolutely starts turning left (at precisely 43 seconds into the clip) down to the inside as he's passing Stroll. easy to see by the angle of the steering wheel and his left hand, and also by the Ferrari leaving the outside of the track.

if that isn't what you consider turning left? well then, i don't know what to tell you...

Last edited:
It's plain simple: Stroll doesn't know where he's driving to or he's closing his eyes while driving.

Not to beat Vettel again but there was absolutely no reason to overtake a car on a cooldown lap. Why not just drive his bloody car home and stay behind Stroll? Too many mistakes from him in the last two races...I predict that he'll loose the CS that way even though I don't want to Hamilton to win the CS again. So I favor the second-worst scenario (Vettel = CS).

It's hard to see from Vettel's cam.

See how Stroll swerves to the right? Or rather not turning for the corner. Which is effectively getting in the pass of whoever is on outside.

i've already stated that Stroll was moving to the right. but once again, Vettel is approaching from behind him, and turning in front of him, on the cool down lap.

one of these people is more at fault than the other (who's the common denominator of these last few stupid crashes?)...

Not to beat Vettel again but there was absolutely no reason to overtake a car on a cooldown lap. Why not just drive his bloody car home and stay behind Stroll? Too many mistakes from him in the last two races...

yup... :wink:

Back