• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2017 F1 thread

honestly I think many of the drivers were loopy at the end of the race...dehydrated and all....did vettel really need to ride an f1 car into the pits?

yep...the red mist was strong with that one....

honestly I think many of the drivers were loopy at the end of the race...dehydrated and all....did vettel really need to ride an f1 car into the pits?
I was thinking the same. He just wanted his Senna moment.

Also what happened after he took the steering wheel with him? Penalized? What do redheads hiding?

exactly he had to be disoriented....they all go through such pains to put the wheel on after a shunt or any time they exit the car...why would he toss it to wehrlein? lol.....:eek:

Rain in Japan during the second practice. Lets hope for dry qualifying and wet to dry (or dry to wet) conditions for the rain.

Interesting on the formula1 website the other day, had bits of interviews with Senna after the 1993 GP when he and Eddie Irvine went Nascar after the race. I think about it and Senna is 180 degrees from Hamilton (in a TV personality sort of way). He was always no nonsense, and very passionate about the sport.

Rain in Japan during the second practice. Lets hope for dry qualifying and wet to dry (or dry to wet) conditions for the rain.

Interesting on the formula1 website the other day, had bits of interviews with Senna after the 1993 GP when he and Eddie Irvine went Nascar after the race. I think about it and Senna is 180 degrees from Hamilton (in a TV personality sort of way). He was always no nonsense, and very passionate about the sport.

What a lame race that was! The start and the last lap were interesting but every time it seemed to get sensational something came in between like Alonso not willing to pass Verstappen (as a revenge for the start crash?).

I hope we learn what part or parts failed on the scuderia ......heads will role.....tender vettels too distraught to talk to the press..

So who's heading to Austin for the race? Pretty good chance Lewis will wrap it up, judging by Ferrari's performance as of late. We're on corner 12. Never been to an F1 race besides Montreal. Hope it doesn't rain!

Last edited:
So we're out for a walk along the river this morning in Austin, and pretty much sure we met Lance Stroll and a sidekick/trainer out for a jog. Seems to be quite a few UK folks in town. They must feel confident Lewis is going to wrap it up this weekend. I guess I wouldn't bet a whole lot against that possibility either.

I just arrived in Austin. My son and a friend are driving in from the University of Alabama and should be here in a few hours. It will be our first F1 race. I REALLY hope the rain holds off on Sunday.

Ironically, we were together at the Talladega NASCAR race last weekend (I went at the last minute for business, he went because University of Alabama students get tickets to the campground, the concert, and the race for $25).

At the track. I'm surprised there's an entire trailer dedicated to Senna merchandise.

That's because he remains the best in many decades. Walking around the track I heard his name mentioned numerous times in conversations. He made a lasting impression on most people that saw him race. Some considered him ruthless, I just thought he was fearless and incredibly talented.

Got both McLaren Honda driver's to sign my NSX shirt.

I really like all of the activities available at the track. Two full, enjoyable days and the race isn't until tomorrow.

Got both McLaren Honda driver's to sign my NSX shirt.

I really like all of the activities available at the track. Two full, enjoyable days and the race isn't until tomorrow.

Good job! They showed Stroll and Massa signing autographs on the track screen and it looked pretty crazy, so we never bothered to check it out. I figured there wouldn't be the same kind of frenzy around the McHonda drivers as the bigger teams.

Reminds me of when I went a few years ago. I did the paddock club thing and we got some pit walks. Race day morning, everyone is down at Ferrari, you couldn't
get close enough to see anything. I just strolled down past all the other team garages. I was the only person in front of Williams, no one in the garages and Frank Williams rolls out in his wheelchair and checked over both cars. One of the best memories of the race.

Back