• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The smoking Tire: Stock NSX review

Did anyone see Matt's video on his review yesterday?

Is the owner on here?

Just watched it. Pretty good. The owner must be on here. Nice to see a totally stock 91 out there. Purest!!

He bought his last year, around the same time I did. His name is Zygrene on here.

Zygrene has exactly the the progression of cars as I've had...

AP2 S2000-->NA1 NSX-->NSX + AP1 S2000...in the exact same color combo[emoji50]

03a79e15ba3d17079e6acbd655b8ea49.jpg

I think we need to be friends. I also happen to be relocating to Bay Area

Thanks for sharing, I would not have seen this otherwise.

Shoutout to [MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION] in the video too, ha ha.

Capturensx.jpg
Zygrene, please check out the video again and pay attention to the area where I pointed the RED arrow to in this pic above... if you're not notice it before.

[MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION]

He mentions you in the discussion on the CCU.

Good video, one happy owner. Matt's no lightweight so those two added 10%+ deadweight.

Nice video F!
I didn't realize your car is almost completely bone-stock. Hope to see you at the next local meet that I can attend (possibly tonight in Milpitas).

Zygrene, please check out the video again and pay attention to the area where I pointed the RED arrow to in this pic above... if you're not notice it before.

USA1, I noticed that, too! Very distracting. :biggrin:

To me Matt's sentiment and words in this video is proof positive what a big deal the gen 1 would've been with just 100 more OEM hp!

Just saw this thread! I'm not on the forums that often but I'm fairly active on the NSX Prime and NSX Owners Facebook groups. Glad you guys enjoyed the One Take. Never noticed the loose sunbeam sensor until people in the comments pointed it out.
[MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION] I mistakenly stated in the video you were in Europe, oops!

Will try to attend more Bay Area meets this summer. Hope to see some of you there.

Most accurate and relatable review of our car IMO.

I just wish Matt was more harsh on all his videos about certain things, but hey people are generously loaning him their work.

One of us! One of us! When will you be out here, and what part of the bay area? There are a lot of cool cat NSX owners out here (not me though, I'm an NSX owner but I'm not cool). Looking forward to meeting you / seeing your NSX around!

Back on topic of the thread - every 'sunbeam sensor' i've seen on NSX's out here have one crack. Zygrene's is the only time I've seen it cracked in two places with the sensor moving around in it! I pride myself on having one of the few NSX'es I've seen with no cracks in that area, though I'm just waiting (and dreading) the day it does crack.. apparently that piece is such a pain to get to that people just leave it cracked :(

Nice! In also not cool...maybe we can hang while other people do cool things.

Right now, I'm only bringing my STI since the company is only moving 1 car for me and my living situation only has 1 parking space. Once I get out there and figure out a better parking situation, I'll bring the NSX and s2000 out there. In the mean time, I hope you don't mind me with a Subaru... Here's a fam portrait

6f063879d95188d1fa1f57a1cc1a2b47.jpg

Back on topic of the thread - every 'sunbeam sensor' i've seen on NSX's out here have one crack. Zygrene's is the only time I've seen it cracked in two places with the sensor moving around in it! I pride myself on having one of the few NSX'es I've seen with no cracks in that area, though I'm just waiting (and dreading) the day it does crack.. apparently that piece is such a pain to get to that people just leave it cracked :(

mine hasn't cracked.... yet!! what can we do to prevent this from happening?

nice video! Time to go check my sunbeam sensor :D

Back