• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Source - NSX-R R/C car

who is going to be the first to try a 8.4 or 9.6v battery???
it might work
it might be the r/c equivalent of a bbsc!?!?

Do you have any pics of the controller this comes with?

-G

Heres a few pics of the Remote as requested.
I have thought of a 8 or 9v myself for a boost :biggrin: , maybe the engine can be geared along with a larger motor if u are into it that much. :confused:

Maximumyield

Attachments

• NSXremote1.jpg
    NSXremote1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 53
  • NSXremote2.jpg
    NSXremote2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 49
  • NSXremote3.jpg
    NSXremote3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
  • NSXremote4.jpg
    NSXremote4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 55
Just got one today! There's more available, if there's interest. I spoke to the manager, he said, if we need more "he knows a guy". :)

We all have to bring ours to Est Fest so we can street race em!

Mine is going to come "revised"

No surprise there. I'm just waiting for you to get some cybernetic implants for yourself. :biggrin:

For those of you considering higher voltage batteries, be careful you don't burn out some very voltage sensitive parts of the car. Resistors and capacitors come to mind.

I was just out getting some track time, if I don't get the steering figured out I think mine will come "revised" too. :redface:

Attachments

• mod nsx_edited-1.jpg
    mod nsx_edited-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 99
there are 4 at Sherway Gardens. All are sealed boxes... because I notice sometimes they are opened.

"an eternal sportsmind..."

Wouldn't all the NSX-R r/c cars have the same remote-frequency?

BioBanker said:
Changing the 'stock' motor to a higher rpm version w/ a higher tooth pinion-gear? Replacing the plastic bearings w/ fluid-filled ball-bearings in the gearbox and axle? Retrofitting oil-filled dampeners? Employing a lightweight dry-cell 7.2 volt battery? Swapping the hard-rubber tires for foam-slicks? :D

Re: "an eternal sportsmind..."

Wouldn't all the NSX-R r/c cars have the same remote-frequency?

There is a choice of 3 different frequencies....might be more fun if they're all the same tho'

Got mine from cwillgo today!

Any one paint there's yet? Love to see some pics!:biggrin:

These things are faster than I thought!!! I couldn't control mine and ran it in to some curbs and a post. They're pretty durable.

What would happen if there was a meet and everyone brought it out? They're all on the same frequency.

I picked up a few extra in case anyone needs one.

I finally got a chance to paint it. have a look, what do you think?

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

Very nice job!

Now it's the correct colour!
You could start a RC body shop!:tongue:

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to paint it. have a look, what do you think?

Very nice! Did you sand down the body before painting and what type of paint did you use?

Very nice! Did you sand down the body before painting and what type of paint did you use?

I didn't sand it, I thought about it though, I just used a high gloss enamel paint that you use for tool boxes and stuff, I was thinking of doing the works: Prime it, car paint, clear coat, but then it would have cost me the same as the car itself!

JD

I got my car from Wil the other day and went to the local Radio Shack to pick up a battery for it.

**Warning** Do not play with this car inside your house.

I hooked it up this morning for the first time and tried it out on my kitchen floor. I wasn't expecting it to be that fast! I have a wood floor, so I thought it would be cool to do some donuts with the car. :rolleyes: Well, I lost control and smacked it right into the dog's water bowl that I had just filled up. :biggrin: Water everywhere on the floor, the wall, the wine rack, behind the kitchen table....needless to say I was a bit late for work....but the floor is clean. :wink:
I'm taking it to the gym tomorrow and playing with it in the racquetball court. That should be fun.

I got my car from Wil the other day and went to the local Radio Shack to pick up a battery for it.

My local hobby shop is closed for renovation. How much was the battery at Radio Shack?

Finally had some good weather and took NSX jr. out for a spin. That thing is pretty darn fast. All I need for it now is a mini Gt-one 5.1 exhaust. :cool:

Back