• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The STMPO Messiah Exhaust Review

I've had mine for a few weeks now and not got round to fitting as of yet and believe me can't wait!!

I opened the box and WOW!!! was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

The welds are flawless, very impressed.

It looks totally bad ass, i opt for larger tips and they are like a cone up sizing from the 3" pipe to the tip size i asked, i had no idea i was going to get a progressive size increase of tip but omg!! how cool doe it look!! and the finishing touch of STMPO which i believe is laser engraved? on both of the tips and the rear muffers look wicked!

Any what do i know???

So this is the bit that is worth reading!!

Ross asked what manifolds i would be using which are Cantrell so he made the system for that manifold.

This is exhaust looks so insane! i wanted it installed there and then so i took it down to a garage who is also a fabrication shop who was only going to fit the exhaust as i wanted it on and not the manifolds as they were going away to be heat treated, This guy really knows what he is doing and has made some great systems and other custom parts, he did price me up on building a exhaust to my specification before i went for the STMPO system.

Anyway i didn't know this but the STMPO system Ross had built as a 2 bolt flange for my Cantrell headers, the oem manifolds are 3 bolt so we couldn't fit it so i am still have to painfully wait.

The guy did comment on the exhaust however, being a fabricator himself he commented on how impressed this system was, he even said it was insane bit of kit. He commented on how good the welds were, the weight and the design.

This bit Ross is going to hate i know so shhh... don't tell him. Ross you didn't read this turn away. As the manifolds are going off for coating it only made sense to get part of the Exhaust system coated at the same time, they wanted to coat the whole thing, i said no way look at that thing! it's a big feature on the car so we left the two end muffler parts of the system un-coated the other two parts have gone off for coating.

The coating that is being done isn't a normal spray, think it's plasma coated or something like that, it's the company who heat treats the Lamborghini Reventon. They say it's a heat reduction of 30% we will see.

So i only have the tips at home as the rest is there, will take some pics and upload. Will also update with fitement and sound and performance once it's on and fitted.

Who else has one of the systems?

.......This bit Ross is going to hate i know so shhh... don't tell him. Ross you didn't read this turn away. As the manifolds are going off for coating it only made sense to get part of the Exhaust system coated at the same time, they wanted to coat the whole thing, i said no way look at that thing! it's a big feature on the car so we left the two end muffler parts of the system un-coated the other two parts have gone off for coating.

The coating that is being done isn't a normal spray, think it's plasma coated or something like that, it's the company who heat treats the Lamborghini Reventon. They say it's a heat reduction of 30% we will see.........Who else has one of the systems?

Mines should ship out tomorrow.

I'm getting mines coated with white ceramic coating that Zonda has:

pagani-zonda-r-official-image-rear-open.jpg

55% heat reduction.

I'm guessing mines will be similar and different. That is what drew me to STMPO.

Ross is Italian and he has passion. Although it may seem a bit spicy for some to stomach I like how he really cares about the design and build quality. As well as the look.

It's a rare combination that I see in automotive fabrication.

The mufflers are made from scratch according to my personal tastes and requirements. It's also modular (attached via V-bands, not weld so I can amend in the future). The tips are made from scratch - Custom D-shaped so that it fills the DF rear valence with less chance of the bottom of a round tip scraping the bottom of a steep driveway, for example.

55% heat reduction?? that's insane!

Who and where is doing that?

That place doing mine is a form of ceramic coating but it is actually plasma'd on. You can't go to the place as it's like a nuclear power plant, you have to post everything.

possibly a very similar process

rte_img_standard_55.jpg

So you don't have yours yet?

Your in for a treat :tongue:

55% heat reduction?? that's insane!

Who and where is doing that?

That place doing mine is a form of ceramic coating but it is actually plasma'd on. You can't go to the place as it's like a nuclear power plant, you have to post everything.

possibly a very similar process

rte_img_standard_55.jpg

So you don't have yours yet?

Your in for a treat :tongue:

My guy works for a very well known Aerospace & Defense company and does my work.

i know :rolleyes:

i was thinking about the system and your review sold it to me.

How are you finding it now it's settled in, from what i hear the exhaust note changes slightly was a exhaust beds in.

Batman, the company doing mine also does aerospace stuff. I heard they have a sister company in the US, curious if it's them.

Actually, here they are http://www.zircotec.com/

Since I am the only driver, I think I am oblivious to any change in sound. I do know that I still love the exhaust note and it is a hit at any event I attend.

I like it enough that I have put off purchasing a turbo for a couple more months so that I can enjoy the sound just a bit longer.

Since I am the only driver, I think I am oblivious to any change in sound. I do know that I still love the exhaust note and it is a hit at any event I attend.

I like it enough that I have put off purchasing a turbo for a couple more months so that I can enjoy the sound just a bit longer.

Have you considered supercharging?

The later SOS supercharger seems to make more power than the rest.

I think batman has the SOS kit with this exhaust however i may be wrong.

Have you considered supercharging?

The later SOS supercharger seems to make more power than the rest.

I think batman has the SOS kit with this exhaust however i may be wrong.

Ross should be shipping his exhaust early this week. We were still deciding on how to design the faux cats.

Not sure if anyone knows this, but supercharged exhaust tends to sound meaner and louder at WOT.

The turbines on the turbo will mute some of the exhaust noise in comparison.

I just came back from STMPO (800~ miles drive each way).

I have a RM racing header and wanted to convert it to a V-band and there was some fitment issues with the RM racing headers that I over looked.

So instead of pulling the headers off and sending it to Ross at STMPO I wanted to swing by.

This was also an excuse for me to check out AZ to see what all the fuss was about the smoking hot girls at ASU that is less than a mile from his shop.

Ross has been very hospitable. He invited me to stay at his baller mansion, not far from where Jenna Jamison resides at.

He made sure the exhaust was fitted to my RM Racing headers (which I felt was ideal for my SOS SC application due to it's 2.5" collector diameter).

I'm going post videos with sound of the STMPO exhaust in action after I change the exhaust tips (yes, I do have a habit of changing my mind to have that certain look).

So far the only person that has experienced the sound from Prime is REDNSXT.

Not only is it a high flowing lightweight exhaust, but dam it doesn't sound like an exhaust from a NSX. More like something from a more expensive Euro exotic.

The exhaust pulses are much tighter making it sound as if it had more than a mere 6 cyclinders.

Once warmed up, at idle it was very reasonable considering that there's no cats.

When I started up the NSX cold it let out a bark like my GTO.

At WOT it was just crazy. F and P cars looked over. No one wanted to race me and all kept their distance in my blind spot or passed me very slowly so they don't attract unwarranted street racing attention. You can just tell that the sound of the exhaust just has a commanding presence. Much like a lion or some apex predator with vocal cords would possess.

I've been and heard many NSX exhaust and I have to say this one has the deepest and most manly sound. Sounds like it was stroked.

I can't help but to have this silly smirk on my face when I'm hearing it or thinking about it.

Attachments

• exhaust1.jpg
    exhaust1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 514
  • exhaust2.jpg
    exhaust2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 479
  • exhaust3.jpg
    exhaust3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 454
  • tig weld.jpg
    tig weld.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 466
  • stmpo.jpg
    stmpo.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

I have a RM racing header and wanted to convert it to a V-band and there was some fitment issues with the RM racing headers that I over looked.

So instead of pulling the headers off and sending it to Ross at STMPO I wanted to swing by.

This was also an excuse for me to check out AZ to see what all the fuss was about the smoking hot girls at ASU that is less than a mile from his shop.

Ross has been very hospitable. He invited me to stay at his baller mansion, not far from where Jenna Jamison resides at.

He made sure the exhaust was fitted to my RM Racing headers (which I felt was ideal for my SOS SC application due to it's 2.5" collector diameter).

I'm going post videos with sound of the STMPO exhaust in action after I change the exhaust tips (yes, I do have a habit of changing my mind to have that certain look).

Not only is it a high flowing lightweight exhaust, but dam it doesn't sound like an exhaust from a NSX. More like something from a more expensive Euro exotic.

The exhaust pulses are much tighter making it sound as if it had more than a mere 6 cyclinders.

Once warmed up, at idle it was very reasonable considering that there's no cats.

At WOT it was just crazy. F and P cars looked over. No one wanted to race me and all kept their distance in my blind spot or passed me very slowly so they don't attract unwarranted street racing attention. You can just tell that the sound of the exhaust just has a commanding presence. Much like a lion or some apex predator with vocal cords would possess.

I've been and heard many NSX exhaust and I have to say this one has the deepest and most manly sound. Sounds like it was stroked.

I can't help but to have this silly smirk on my face when I'm hearing it or thinking about it.

Batman,

:smile: Let me hear the sound next time during the meeting. It looks unique to me. Just wondering, are the tips all white color?

Wesley

The one thing the Messiah exhaust lacks is the amount of video available! I wanna hear this thing!!!

But, congrats on your new setup. Looks well thought out and put together. I just want to see what it sounds like now. :biggrin:

The one thing the Messiah exhaust lacks is the amount of video available! I wanna hear this thing!!!

But, congrats on your new setup. Looks well thought out and put together. I just want to see what it sounds like now. :biggrin:

I agree with this. A high quality camcorder that can actually capture all the sounds it creates would be ideal. I'm just trying to figure out and what point in the world of e-commerce when vendors will realize PHOTOS AND VIDEOS SELL PRODUCTS. The more you see and hear, the more you want.

I live very close to STMPO and SOS. Sure wish I woulda known you were here! I'd love to have met ya and check your exhaust out in person!

I agree with this. A high quality camcorder that can actually capture all the sounds it creates would be ideal. I'm just trying to figure out and what point in the world of e-commerce when vendors will realize PHOTOS AND VIDEOS SELL PRODUCTS. The more you see and hear, the more you want.

I was going to use both my Go Pro HD Hero 1080P and my brother's EVO camera phone.

I really don't have a need for a video camera so don't own a "proper" one.

Will either suffice for sound?

I live very close to STMPO and SOS. Sure wish I woulda known you were here! I'd love to have met ya and check your exhaust out in person!

Yeah, Mugen Kid (John Bazay) also wanted to meet me.

All I can say is that when I was driving around people literally stopped what they were doing and came running out to see what that black thing was.

I was going to use both my Go Pro HD Hero 1080P and my brother's EVO camera phone.

It doesn't really matter :biggrin:

Between differences in recording devices, any potential conversion/comression when uploading on a server, to any individuals playback soundcard settings and speaker limitations - it will never be accurate.

I have 5 devices that can record video. All give noticeably different renditions of what I know my ears hear in real-life.

Record with what you've got, and the bottom line is that if you're happy, that's all that matters.

Dave

It doesn't really matter :biggrin:

Between differences in recording devices, any potential conversion/comression when uploading on a server, to any individuals playback soundcard settings and speaker limitations - it will never be accurate.

I have 5 devices that can record video. All give noticeably different renditions of what I know my ears hear in real-life.

Record with what you've got, and the bottom line is that if you're happy, that's all that matters.

Dave

OK. I'll use the devices that I have.

Anything is better than nothing!! :smile:

Batman:

How does the exhaust sound with cats installed? I need my cats to pass emissions each year.

I am looking for a F1 sould that doesn'r drive me nuts in the cabin.

Price installed?

Thanks bro!

Batman:

How does the exhaust sound with cats installed? I need my cats to pass emissions each year.

I am looking for a F1 sould that doesn'r drive me nuts in the cabin.

Price installed?

Thanks bro!

I don't have cats with this setup. When my smog is due, I will have cats put in place of the mufflers via a custom v band weld on one end and tips on the other end.

Back