• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Viper guys are saying some nice things...

Ignore it... same thing got posted on the Viper Club forum. There's no way anyone will have anything good to say about the NSX in that situation

The misinformation is always running wild too. I love the Supra guy's comment - "there is no difference between a 91 and an 01 (and lets not get hung up on details)".

What a joke... 1/2 second difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile not to mention all of the other upgrades amounts to "no difference". Pretty funny coming from the Supra camp given that the car went through basically NO changes up until it's current cancellation in Japan.

The Viper club forums are disappointing in that they always seem to come down to this "no jap shit!" attitude that's a big turn-off.

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 25 January 2003).]

Interestingly enough, most of the real Viper guys (who knows about the forums) I've met all love the NSX, they just wish it had more power - and don't we all. As all the other car forums show, the line between "super car enthusiast" and "closed minded bigot bastard" is easily crossed in the online world.

I've got an open invite to join the Archer Racing crew at the Viper Days events and will be running with them this year. It'll be interesting to see how I stack up to those fools!

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

Represent Ed! And take videos!
wink.gif

I'd wager that the "underpowered" type-R would do pretty well against the RT-10 on the track. It's too bad Honda doesn't bring over the R to get the NSX some credibility in the US.

The scathing wasn't too bad and not too unlike what you'd find on this forum (minus exotic language) if the guy went from an NSX to a Viper. Ok, well, maybe not.
wink.gif

I particularly enjoyed the tire eating comment. Like a Viper isn't going to go thru rear tires with that kind of torque?
smile.gif
And it's the rear toe-in settings that contribute most to the NSX tire wear. A little misleading though not maclicious.

I got to sit in a Viper a few days ago at a stereo shop and loved it. Everything was in easy view and although not quite the "polish" as the NSX, it was pretty comfortable. The only parts I didn't like were that the driver was sitting at an angle and I couldn't help get over the feeling that I was sitting in a very big car.

[This message has been edited by Ponyboy (edited 25 January 2003).]

Marvin, good to know you're still alive (and lurking in other forums, apparently!).

As for the Viper, I think it's a great car. I certainly admire it for what it is, and *almost* purchased one before deciding on the NSX. The reason? Try to find actual examples of 100k+ mile Vipers, and compare it to the number of 100k+ mi NSXs known to be in existence. In fact, I think the term "high mileage" has an entirely different meaning for Viper owners than for NSX owners.

So why aren't Viper owners driving their cars? Too uncomfortable? Too unreliable? Too fuel inefficient? Too beautiful to be driven? Not fun enough to drive?
confused.gif
Whatever the reason, I decided that I wanted an exotic that people *liked* to drive, and could be a daily driver should I choose. The NSX has certainlny proven itself up to the task.

The Viper is a nice car, but not something I can envision driving everyday (which I plan to do with my NSX eventually).

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 25 January 2003).]

Once again Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT> sums up my thoughts exactly, except one additional point: a major contributing factor to me getting an NSX is because of NSXprime users... most of the guys (and gals !!!) on this site are NOT like those on the Viper Site... they have a balanced attitude toward all exotic cars, and none of the arrogance/ignorance. (though a couple of people did compliment the NSX)

Perhaps the low HP and power of the NSX is been a good thing; it's keeps us humble when other car owners are b!tching like kids over who's car goes 0.01sec's faster...
smile.gif

Sat n a friends Viper,very tight and not much room. Would of liked to takin a spin...

Phoen$x and NeoNSX Yes and Yes

NSX'ERS seem to have an open mind to most cars, when it comes to mines better than yours.
ezpi_cooldude.gif

Yeah, with the exception of a few comments I put this link there because I thought on average that the viper guys had a true respect for the NSX and most complaints about the car were the same as those posted here.

There will always be a comparo between the Viper & the NSX because of their prices being so close and that (near exotic) status.
the interesting part is the direction the two auto makers went to achieve the same goal.

I agree with Neo. The people on NSX Prime are very smart, open-minded individuals and do play somewhat of a role in my future purchase of an NSX.

As for the Viper, my supervisor owns a red RT-10. Another awesome car which I might say with an intoxicating V10 snarl. The car is a great looker for long work days. But when I see an NSX...well you know what I mean...
wink.gif

Once again PhoeN$X sums up my thoughts exactly, except one additional point: a major contributing factor to me getting an NSX is because of NSXprime users... most of the guys (and gals !!!) on this site are NOT like those on the Viper Site... they have a balanced attitude toward all exotic cars, and none of the arrogance/ignorance. (though a couple of people did compliment the NSX

Ditto!

My goodness do these Viper forum members kiss their mothers with that mouth. Kinda reminds me of the language I heard when I worked at this gas station in a hick town. f-this, f-that, So glad you guys/gals are open minded individuals.

Of course, this forum hasn't been all that gracious to Viper owners. Disparaging comments, clown shoe pictures, etc.

It used to be (when I first joined) that this forum was more of a.... well, it was a different place, let's leave it at that.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by Jimbo:
clown shoe pictures

Sounds to me like someone here just lacks a sense of humor. Especially since the following note appeared below those pictures at the time they were posted:

"
biggrin.gif

(For those who appear to be "humor challenged", please note that that little smiley means that we're joking around here.)"

The fact of the matter is, the previous threads about the Viper (including the one containing the clown shoe pictures) contain plenty of positive comments along with the negatives (and along with the humor).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 25 January 2003).]

No, not at all. I found it somewhat humorous. Although I suspect, if I owned a Viper, I would find it less so.

I just wanted to point out that this forum is no different than any other forum when it comes to making fun of, or bashing the cars owned by others.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

I just wanted to point out that this forum is no different than any other forum when it comes to making fun of, or bashing the cars owned by others.

Yes and no. There are lots of automotive forums out there, and they vary in their atmosphere and the remarks that are made. There are indeed some forums like NSXprime, where there are plenty of balanced remarks about other cars, often by people who have owned them. There are also other forums which do not tolerate any positive comment about any other car, and still others which do not tolerate any positive comment about certain other cars while allowing others to be praised.

Actually, I beg to differ Jimbo. This forum *is* a lot different. Look at the immaturity and "gangsta" smack talk on the Supra forum. Look at the ultra right-wing racism proudly displayed on the Viper forum. Look at the posts telling Randall to go f* himself for buying a "fag car" (the NSX and Boxster are frequently referred to as "fag cars" by Viper guys).

There are a lot of examples of things getting pretty personal and mean-spirited, close minded and bigotted on some of the other big forums.

There is actually not ONE nice thing said about the NSX on that thread and a number of personal slams against Randall.

From what I recall, the last thread regarding an NSXer selling for a Viper was nowhere near like that.

Spooky,

I suspect this site is better moderated than the others. We've certainly had our share of bigotry and nasty threads from time to time.

-Jim

I also noticed this sort of behavior on www.z06vette.com (also considering an '02 Z06) I find that most folks there are close minded people and not car enthusiasts. Remarks to the NSX like "It's a Honda, jap crap, overpriced civic" are just some of the many remarks. Few people have said good things about the NSX and gave reasons why they went with the Z06 instead. For those select few, I give them my respect.

Its no wonder I hang out on Prime way more often because of the community. The Z06Vette forums even emphasize on "kill threads" and seem to encourage it. Although, there are worst communities out there particulary in the Mustang/Camaro forums etc.

[This message has been edited by Dan H (edited 25 January 2003).]

I think a lot of the negativity comes from Randall’s tone in his post. He made it appear as though he was jumping ship from the Viper camp before his car plummeted in value. I think the Viper guys took a bit of offense to that (since they own one).

Check this thread to see what I mean.
http://www.viperclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=2828

I find it funny how people slam other makes. The Viper guys think the NSX has no torque. The Ferrari guys think the NSX has no soul. The Corvette guys think the NSX is a poor value. It is nothing personal. Everyone likes to bash other makes to reassure themselves they made the right decision.

I don’t mean to get off on a tangent on this thread but what do Porsche owners think of the NSX?

Crew,

I was at Archer Racing (www.archerracing.com) today dropping off my '93 Talon for a little wrenching. For those who don't know, they helped develop the Gen I and II Vipers, they build race winning cars for many Viper Days, Sebring and LaMans teams and Tommy Archer is probably the best Viper pilot on the planet. They have SRT 10 #1 in the shop (I didn't take any pics today-sorry) as well as about 12 customer cars right now. Viper authority? These would be the guys.

They classify the NSX as an incredible street car and a really good track car. John Archer knows a number of Viper guys who have NSXs from around the country and they tell him the NSX "is too easy." Over steering, torque hungry race guys won't like the NSX because it does too much of the work for them.

The "bigger is larger" world of Vipers is a different than that of the NSX. It's the difference between a machete and a scalpel.

I've driven both on and off a track and it is a great race car, but not a very fun place to be on the street for extended time. My opinion is the NSX is a far better made car, easier to drive fast, more comfy and easier to see out of, not to mention wear a helmet in. Of course, every Viper guy out there will tell you the same about their ride.

Here's the difference - if I bought a Viper, I'd still hang with the NSX guys. After meeting many of you at the NSXPO events, I know that the egos stay at home and the open minded, friendly attitude is part of the NSX world. That's why I'm as into it as I am!

-Ed www.nsxbuilder.com

Originally posted by nsxbuilder:
The "bigger is larger" world of Vipers is a different than that of the NSX. It's the difference between a machete and a scalpel.

That's funny you say that tonight, Ed, because at tonight's NSX Club dinner, one of our owners said almost the exact same thing about another car. Having recently added a Z06 to his stable, he noted that it was the difference between a chain saw and a scalpel.

I suspect this site is better moderated than the others.

Exactly! That kind of crap isn't tolerated here, which differentiates this site from them. There are always going to be ignorants/bigots (even among NSX enthusiasts), but for the most part they are driven away pretty quickly--at least in the time since I've been here.

well, of course they arent as nice as us
wink.gif
, but i actually thought they were pretty cool about it. Plenty of backhanded compliments towards the nsx. But I KNOW what randall was talking about---GM's resale value really really sucks--I hope that doesnt also wind up effecting the vipers. The used car market in general is really depreciated--but for domestics it is absolutely horrible.

Back