• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The VP Debate

Well, let the games begin....

They should have had VP Jeopardy instead!:biggrin:

I'll take "Heads of States that I have never met" for $200, Alex.

Jeopardy_TV_Walpaper_1_800.jpg

Last edited:
yes she did great and i think she smashed every bad opinion people had of her tonight.

i cant wait to see the "who do you think won" poll results, because it was a great debate and personaly i dont think anybody "won", nor did anybody "loose"

but ofcourse msnbc will report biden victory by 99-1:tongue:

yes she did great and i think she smashed every bad opinion people had of her tonight.
Obviously Fox News like her presentation.

The one thing I noticed that was different was during the first P debate, both McCain and Obama often went over their 2 and 5 minutes limits and cut off the moderator by arguing; Palin and Biden did not do that.

In my opinion, Biden did some bashing when he knew he had the last word, or he thought. Palin ask permission to go back to the previous topic so she can have the last word. Some thing like that.

Regardless, like all news channels are say, as long as Joe Biden to screw it up, all eyes are on Palin, and quit frankly, she connected well.

Last edited:
Obviously Fox News like her presentation.

The one thing I noticed that was different was during the first P debate, both McCain and Obama often went over their 2 and 5 minutes limits and cut off the moderator by arguing; Palin and Biden did not do that.

Biden did in my opinion, did some bashing when he know he had the last word, or he thought. Palin ask permission to go back to the previous topic so she can have the last word. Some thing like that.

Regardless, like all news channels are say, as long as Joe Biden to screw it up, all eyes are on Palin, and quit frankly, she connected well.

Biden and Palin both did well. Biden looked knowledgable and tried mightily to connect with the people. Palin lacked content, but was able to stick to her lines and connected better. Without any clear winner, the McCain camp probably came out slightly ahead as a result of lowered expectations of Palin.

Regards,

Danny

Re: Nicely done Sara !!

MILFs across the country are standing tall and proud tonight because of Sara. She delivered her lines flawlessly. I think she's ready for Dancing with the Stars !! :cool:

Biden said a number of things that just weren't true. Some of these Palin responded to, but others will have to be brought up later.

On both sides, these politicians know that just stating how someone voted on a given bill is misleading at best. There are so many things crammed into these bills that it's impossible to fairly gauge a politician on their true stance.

There might be a Feed-the-children bill that sounds lovely on the outside, but when you get into the specifics, there's so much pork and/or other reasons why a politician might vote against a bill. This was one thing that was very annoying.

I think when the "Fact Check" comes out you'll find a number of Biden's comments on McCain's voting record were in error.

The other thing that struck me was...how does Biden reconcile his past comments about Obama that were said during the primaries?

Biden said Obama wasn't ready to be President and disagreed with him on many things. Now that he's Obama's VP - was all that talk a lie? Does Biden simply admit, that I said those things in the primary just to win? Or does Biden admit he was wrong?

Palin did very well. She even asked the moderator about going back to a foreign policy question. She was alive, on the mark, feisty, humorous and polite. I think she connected more with the average American and I think she surprised a lot of people that were basing their opinion on gotcha-journalism, left-wing bloggers, filtered mass media crap, and SNL skits.

I also have to commend Gwen Ifill. I did not detect any pro-Obama bias, but I still think she could have been more forthcoming about her potential conflict of interest.

All in all a plus for McCain Palin and neutral for Obama Biden. However, if the fact checking does vindicate McCain over Biden's comments, it could be a big plus for McC.

PS: 92White... Her name is spelled Sarah, and I find your crude MILF comment way out of line.

Last edited:
Palin is obviously very quick to learn from her goofy quotes and her handlers have done a commendable job preparing her and basically not blowing it. However, if she somehow was to inherit the Presidency I can't believe that she would'nt be anything more than talking robot programed and coached by team of coordinators, maybe even her husband. Does she really understand what she has been trained to say? Could be president by committe. If they could only do some kind "Milli Vanilli" [or is that vanilla] with the voice, she'ed almost be bearable and that wink /smirk on her face, who does that remind you of? Oh shit! I like McCain, but what the hell was he thinking!:confused:

Oh and we get that he's a maverick. Enough already!

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI

I wonder if these guys managed to watch the debate or... probably not. They had to practice their routine.

Isn't this just so wonderful. Starship Troopers for Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI

I wonder if these guys managed to watch the debate or... probably not. They had to practice their routine.

Isn't this just so wonderful. Starship Troopers for Obama.

You would'nt happen to wear a tall white cone shaped headpiece with two cutouts for the eyes would you. Just a guess!

So you're accusing me of being a member of the KKK? How desperate of you. You don't even know what race, color or religion I am, do you?

Please don't confuse me with Robert "King Of Pork" Byrd. He actually was in the KKK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd#Participation_in_the_Ku_Klux_Klan

It's really amazing how all this slander-bashing works.

There are all kinds of incorrect, slanderous and crude attacks out there on the web. Most by far are aimed at Sarah Palin. You need a entire web site just to keep track of all the allegations and smears.

http://fightthepalinsmears.com/

But anyway, when I post a link to a very odd video of what seems to be a rehearsal for a paramilitary youth group for Obama, and I immediately get attacked as being a KKK member. I made no reference to the color or race of the people in the video (which really has nothing to do with anything), I get called out as being a KKK racist. Incredible.

Hmmm...As I look at that video one more time, maybe in addition to claiming I'm a KKK racist you might also want to add that I'm unfairly biased against chubby people too.

BTW, yojack...

Did you know that the KKK was at one time a force that served the Democratic party? And that one of the goals of the KKK was to destroy the Republican party? Did you know that it was the Republicans who fought the KKK (N.C. Governor Holden, PA Governor Scott, Atty General Amos Akerman and many more).

Last edited:
So you're accusing me of being a member of the KKK? How desperate of you. You don't even know what race, color or religion I am, do you?

Please don't confuse me with Robert "King Of Pork" Byrd. He actually was in the KKK.

There are all kinds of slanderous and crude attacks out there on the web. Most by far are aimed at Sarah Palin.

I post a link to a very odd video of what seems to be a rehearsal for a paramilitary youth group for Obama, and I immediately get attacked as being a KKK member. I made no reference to the color or race of the people in the video (which really has nothing to do with anything), I get called out as being a KKK racist. Incredible.

So thats what they call them!:wink:

Soccer and hockey mom.... what place does that have in domestic and foreign affairs? Is she gonna act/talk like Mr. Rogers when dealing with other heads of state? Is silly/goofey behavior what we really want in a VP?

Soccer and hockey mom.... what place does that have in domestic and foreign affairs? Is she gonna act/talk like Mr. Rogers when dealing with other heads of state? Is silly/goofey behavior what we really want in a VP?

I much rather have a honest Hockey/Soccer mom than a guy who plagiarized his speech while ran for presidency and lied about his college grades, a person who didn't know we didn't have TV back in 1929 and who the president was. Wonderful human being Biden is!!!

Look, I'm sure he is not a evil person, he's no Nancy Pelosi, but he did completely changed his tone after selected as VP, if he said "I don't agree with Obama on EVERYTHING, and I'm going to work with him with the years of experience I have as a DC insider while Obama implement his ideas...." That would have been a lot more credible.

Last edited:

There are all kinds of incorrect, slanderous and crude attacks out there on the web. Most by far are aimed at Sarah Palin. You need a entire web site just to keep track of all the allegations and smears.

http://fightthepalinsmears.com/

But anyway, when I post a link to a very odd video of what seems to be a rehearsal for a paramilitary youth group for Obama, and I immediately get attacked as being a KKK member. I made no reference to the color or race of the people in the video (which really has nothing to do with anything), I get called out as being a KKK racist. Incredible.

Hmmm...As I look at that video one more time, maybe in addition to claiming I'm a KKK racist you might also want to add that I'm unfairly biased against chubby people too.

BTW, yojack...

Did you know that the KKK was at one time a force that served the Democratic party? And that one of the goals of the KKK was to destroy the Republican party? Did you know that it was the Republicans who fought the KKK (N.C. Governor Holden, PA Governor Scott, Atty General Amos Akerman and many more).
No i didn't know these things. Seems you know quite a bit about these K-guys. I won't mention chubby people though, I don't want to appear to desperate, if you know what I mean!:wink:

Last edited:
Palin is obviously very quick to learn from her goofy quotes and her handlers have done a commendable job preparing her and basically not blowing it. However, if she somehow was to inherit the Presidency I can't believe that she would'nt be anything more than talking robot programed and coached by team of coordinators, maybe even her husband. Does she really understand what she has been trained to say? Could be president by committe. If they could only do some kind "Milli Vanilli" [or is that vanilla] with the voice, she'ed almost be bearable and that wink /smirk on her face, who does that remind you of? Oh shit! I like McCain, but what the hell was he thinking!:confused:

Oh and we get that he's a maverick. Enough already!
You don't think Obama went through the program? And He still blows it speech after speech!!! Yeah, you know, the UN Veto power of Russia, we should invite the leaders of our enemy over for tea, and yes, the message of "change" so we can have a Washington Insider who have more senior moments than McCain.

People are talking if McCain is going six feet under the moment he step into the office, you think Biden will do a better job when his countless attempt of running for the the presidency failed one after another?

If you like McCain, vote for McCain. No candidate is going to be perfect!

Crude world it is.

You don't think Obama went through the program? And He still blows it speech after speech!!! Yeah, you know, the UN Veto power of Russia, we should invite the leaders of our enemy over for tea, and yes, the message of "change" so we can have a Washington Insider who have more senior moments than McCain.

People are talking if McCain is going six feet under the moment he step into the office, you think Biden will do a better job when his countless attempt of running for the the presidency failed one after another?

If you like McCain, vote for McCain. No candidate is going to be perfect!

Crude world it is.
Can't disagree with that! Perfect would be nice though!:smile:

the kkk has come along way then, next time obama comes out this way i should go ask him if he agrees with the views of the founding fathers of the democratic party:tongue: or even the dave chappel version LOL

some pre-debate greatness from fox news

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bijtBkKQwY8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bijtBkKQwY8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought Palin did very poorly, but she didn't freeze or say anything that was laugh-out-loud funny, so on balance the McCain camp is probably happy.

You know in watching these two debates it's clear to me that it's so lame to argue over silly debate details and the usual crap of "who won" or who stumbled. Isn't more important to discuss the high level meaningful issues at stake? For example...

Many if not most people don't understand or care that raising taxes on the rich is one reason why companies leave the US. Of course your local 7-11 doesn't leave, but if you're looking for a skilled engineering, science or manufacturing job, good luck.

2. These same people generally don't understand that the rich and upper middle are already paying a proportionally much higher burden of Fed Tax. I've mentioned this before here, elsewhere and to people in person, but most don't care. The top 1% (income) of taxpayers pay 39% of all the income tax. So, why not simply force these people to pay 50% or 75% of all the tax? Yeah, let's stick it to the rich.

But you better keep in mind that money is not wealth, the wealth of a society is inherent in the goods and services it produces, and sufficient production only occurs when there is an incentive to produce.

As we continue to hit up the rich by raising taxes, there is less and less incentive to produce. The rich can well afford to say, screw it, why bother? I'm just going to retire early or just move my operations to a country with less of a tax burden. We've already seen the constant erosion of meaningful jobs here in the USA so, why people don't get it, is a mystery. Other countries are cutting their corporate tax rates. They're finally getting it. And I'm not just talking about China, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. Countries in Europe are getting the message. The US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the developed world and we should be cutting it. Just Google "lower corporate tax rate" if you don't believe me. Here...read this link about Ireland...

http://www.completetax.com/taxguide/news/08-323corptax.asp

Obama wants to use our tax code to make things "fair" and to redistribute wealth from the so-called haves to the have nots. McCain wants to cut the corporate tax so that the US is competitive and businesses stay here and even want to come here from other countries. If the corporate tax rate was cut from 35 to 25 percent - we would see companies stay here and we would also see foreign investment.

What does this mean? More jobs, jobs staying here, better jobs and more revenue for the treasury. This is a good thing and why more people don't get this is something I don't get.

This is not a zero-sum game. Let's not worry about the proportions of the pie instead lets make the whole pie bigger.

Last edited:
Anyone catch Biden say he wanted, for people who don't pay their mortgage, for the government to be able to change not only their interest rate, but all their principle????? WTF was that???

That ALONE is a deal breaker.
No one is giving away free houses to poor people with my tax money.

"BIDEN SAID "We should be allowing bankruptcy courts to be able to readjust, not just the interest rate you are paying on your mortgage to be able to stay in your home, but in -- be able to adjust the principal that you owe, the principal that that you owe. That would keep people in their homes"
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5942414&page=1

Last edited:
Back