• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things I HATE about my NSX !!!

I hate its intermittin start up. Always seems to crank up right away when I'm alone, but when theres people around it embaresses me by making people think that it might not start up. Anybody experiencing this?:redface:

+1

But it does always start though. The hestation on occasion does make it embarrassing. Especially when it roars loud to life on first crank, but purrs like a sleeping kitten when it makes multiple cranks.

1. People ask way too many non-car related questions one after another

2. No privacy

3. When I am way too busy or too tired to drive the car.

4. Mood swing after driving the car. I get really emotionally high driving the car even if I am not in sport mood. Then the mood drop like rock after I get back into regular program. Even just cruising slowing by the beach to see the sunset is a great feeling, until someone interrupts (Sometimes I just want to relax and not in mood of answering question that I have already answered hundreds of times in the past).

92.jpg

93.jpg

I hate its intermittin start up. Always seems to crank up right away when I'm alone, but when theres people around it embaresses me by making people think that it might not start up. Anybody experiencing this?:redface:
Hehe,

My does the same, embarrassed me a couple times, and it only does that when there are people around:redface:.

Before cranking the engine turning the key to the on position for a few seconds before cranking the engine. This works really well. This method hasn't let me down once yet.

I hate scraping my chin spoiler driving around San Francisco. It's stock but I still scrape every time I pull out of my garage plus odd places driving around the City:mad: .

I hate scraping my chin spoiler driving around San Francisco. It's stock but I still scrape every time I pull out of my garage plus odd places driving around the City:mad: .

same here ugh and i plan on lowering the car! what am i thinking? :eek: I think im just going to say screw it and remove the chin spoiler. :redface:

Looks like I'm not the only one who've experienced this then :biggrin:

nsxsupra - That's a sick car! Su-goiee! :cool:

It seems to happen to me at gas stations lol

I hate how much the na2 clutch replacement cost :(

1) The visors don't move to the side windows on T-top version.
2) The useless cupholders and correspondingly reduced console storage space.
3) Hard to see red displays during the day when wearing sunglasses.
4) The automatic only has four gears.

I really have no complaints.
The only thing maybe would be I wish it was lower from the factory.

Really though, I could have bought just about anything, and I didn't see another car that was better for daily driving.

My experience tells me not everyone is willing to try this out (don't get it, can't deal because not being able to see fender is too weird, etc) but most who give it an honest try (few days/weeks) never go back.

I was one of those people, and I've never gone back! I can't believe I had been driving with improperly adjusted mirrors FOR YEARS.

Here's a wikipedia article on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_(automobile) It says pretty much the same thing as Latzke.

Difficult to park 91-94 cars from dead stop anyone mention this?

The fact that you can't drive with the lights on in the daytime, which I prefer to do for safety reasons, and still see the radio and climate control. No real fix for this either it seems. :frown:

+1.

Other than that, sometimes I wish it had an outside temp gauge.
Mine has no cupholders and I love it more because of that. :biggrin: Thats what 20oz Moutain Dew bottles are for. They lay nicely between the drivers seat and the door.

I hate the fact that my 1994 has too many things going against it for autocrossing..

- narrow tire sizes for the front (X)
- no power steering(x) although I dont mind this one too bad.
- limited low end torque(x)
- 2nd gear is geared all wrong. it goes to 80mph(x)

I hate the fact that my 1994 has too many things going against it for autocrossing..

- narrow tire sizes for the front (X)
- no power steering(x) although I dont mind this one too bad.
- limited low end torque(x)
- 2nd gear is geared all wrong. it goes to 80mph(x)

That's funny, because I love the fact that it has too many things going against it for autocrossing. Imagine what those losers in the Veyrons and F430s think?? :biggrin:

I did a switch. In one position with the headlamps on the clock, climate control and radio read out stays bright for day time driving with the park or the headlamps on.

Flip the switch at night and the clock, climate control and radio read out dim and the LED buttons glow just as stock.

I just memorized the settings (preset buttons on radio and # of clicks to go from upper vent to foot vent and such) No need to see the display. If I want to know the time, I look at my wrist.

1)
The useless cupholders and correspondingly reduced console storage space.

WERD!

I would be nervous allowing that thing to hold even my shot glass of whiskey. I would be happier without the cup holder. That's basically the same POS from my 92 Civic. (probably is the same thing now that I think about it)

What I really HATE about my NSX: smiley face inserted for Jack.

• I hate that it only has two seats too.

• A bigger trunk to hold the 10 gallon plants from Lowe's would be nice too.

• A back seat for my baby would be nice as well. He gets a little warm sometimes sitting on top of the engine.
  • I hate that it takes over 5 quarts of oil, when all my other Honda's take only 4. I hate that oil filter is in the back, and not the front, that confuses the hell out of me sometimes. All my other Hondas, they were smart and put the engine in the front.
  • I hate that there are 5 bolts on the wheels instead of four (see above regarding other Hondas), that way I can swap the wheels on all my cars. What kind of crazy move was that?
  • I hate that Honda did not think to put a cooler in the glove box like my buddy's Saab or Volvo. Not sure which one. Think cold beer for the entire trip. Cold sandwiches are nice too.

Last edited:
  • I hate that there are 5 bolts on the wheels instead of four (see above regarding other Hondas), that way I can swap the wheels on all my cars. What kind of crazy move was that?
Might I recommend a Dacia? The last one I rode in (an older one, like pictured at that link, or older) had three lug nuts. Who needs to keep their wheels on anyway?

I have never used the side view mirror on any of the cars I have owned. It is a crash promoting device that needs to me completly removed:biggrin: I never change lanes without looking over my shoulders.
You need to adjust your mirrors properly then. For years everyone has been listening to driving instructors tell you that proper mirror adjustment is attained when you can see down the side of your car. What a load of monkey spunk! If you adjust your mirrors using those criteria, are you aware of the huge blind spots that you've created? Essentially, you have created "tunnel vision" to the rear. Your side view mirrors overlap much of what your inside rearview mirrors sees and you've also created blind spots.

The fix??

Simply adjust the side view mirrors just beyond the point where you could see the side of the car on the inside edge of the mirror. (I find the furthest out point works best). Have a buddy simulate the location of a passing car. Just prior to him moving out of sight from your rear view mirror he should just start to appear in your side mirror. Then, just before he disappears from the side mirror, you should see him with your peripheral vision. Notice that without even turning your head, you never had a blind-spot. With this type of a setting you will never make an unsafe lane change into another car. No car in mirror = safe to change lane.:smile:

With this setup, you almost completely solve the blind spot problem. It takes a little while to get used to, but it is an improvement. Some quick tips: For the driver's side mirror: Place the side of your head against the window, then adjust the mirror until the side of your vehicle comes into view. For the passenger's side mirror: While sitting in the driver's seat, lean to the right so that your head is in the car's centerline. Adjust the mirror until the side of your vehicle comes into view.

mirrorsani3.gif

Oh ya - and to provide a topic related reply..........

I hate the, "What year's your Corvette"???:eek:

Greetings

I hate the antenna -- I ordered and am waiting for a shark.
I wish it had automatic headlights -- seems hokey not to on a $90K car.
I would love a better stereo -- my LS has a Nakamichi.
I wish it came with either a turbo or blower stock.

Leave the front chin on -- it protects the front of your car. You get too brave driving with it off. The one on mine is not painted this time.

You get used to the attention. I have had numerous parents ask if they could take a picture of their child sitting behind the wheel -- I usually do -- can't start the next generation of NSX fanatics too early. :)

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
WERD!

I would be nervous allowing that thing to hold even my shot glass of whiskey. I would be happier without the cup holder. That's basically the same POS from my 92 Civic. (probably is the same thing now that I think about it)

What I really HATE about my NSX:

• I hate that it only has two seats too.

• A bigger trunk to hold the 10 gallon plants from Lowe's would be nice too.

• A back seat for my baby would be nice as well. He gets a little warm sometimes sitting on top of the engine.
  • I hate that it takes over 5 quarts of oil, when all my other Honda's take only 4. I hate that oil filter is in the back, and not the front, that confuses the hell out of me sometimes. All my other Hondas, they were smart and put the engine in the front.
  • I hate that Honda did not think to put a cooler in the glove box like my buddy's Saab or Volvo. Not sure which one. Think cold beer for the entire trip. Cold sandwiches are nice too.

I don’t normally go off like this but what I really hate are clowns like this who actually live in the bizarro world.

I think what he is trying to say is:

“I thought I was getting a Honda Odyssey and somehow ended up with this useless NSX.”

You will probably find several empty bottles of whiskey rolling around in his little trunk. The extra money saved for that additional quart of oil might supply him with a little extra beer for his trip. Hopefully he’s smart enough to keep it in the glove box, if there’s any room left.

I guess when the baby sits on top of the engine; you might want to leave the glass hatch open. It’s cooler that way!

Finally, he hates the NSX cause it’s got too many lug nuts and not enough seats. How many times have you wanted to put a set of civic wheels on your NSX?

Do all of the NSX owners a favor (who truly love their cars for what they really are), take all the things you hate in the world , pack them in your civic (with a few extra cases of Jack Daniels) over to your buddies and log on to his Saab or Volvo forum instead. At least he’s narrowed it down to something Swedish!

It’s not how fast you drive; it’s how good you pour fast….your bartender

Nobody has mentioned the Tape deck, or maybe you all enjoy playing your "best music of the '80's" tapes while driving? :tongue: :biggrin:

I'd have to agree the antenna is a downer, but nothing a simple mod can't fix.

I don’t normally go off like this but what I really hate are clowns like this who actually live in the bizarro world.

“I thought I was getting a Honda Odyssey and somehow ended up with this useless NSX.”

You will probably find several empty bottles of whiskey rolling around in his little trunk. The extra money saved for that additional quart of oil might supply him with a little extra beer for his trip. Hopefully he’s smart enough to keep it in the glove box, if there’s any room left.

I guess when the baby sits on top of the engine; you might want to leave the glass hatch open. It’s cooler that way!

Finally, he hates the NSX cause it’s got too many lug nuts and not enough seats. How many times have you wanted to put a set of civic wheels on your NSX?

Do all of the NSX owners a favor (who truly love their cars for what they really are), take all the things you hate in the world , pack them in your civic (with a few extra cases of Jack Daniels) over to your buddies and log on to his Saab or Volvo forum instead. At least he’s narrowed it down to something Swedish!

ROFL! Perfect! :tongue:

WOW!

I thought I was actually sarcastic enough that "CLOWNS" like you would understand my points made AFTER the first one really are not valid. It's a joke buddy, get over it.

I have edited my first post with a smiley face so internet gangsters like you won't call me a clown again.

WOW!

I thought I was actually sarcastic enough that "CLOWNS" like you would understand my points made AFTER the first one really are not valid. It's a joke buddy, get over it.

I have edited my first post with a smiley face so internet gangsters like you won't call me a clown again.

I'm pretty sure we knew your were joking bro relax... You gotta admit though, that was a good response! ;)

Back