• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things I HATE about my NSX !!!

WOW!

I thought I was actually sarcastic enough that "CLOWNS" like you would understand my points made AFTER the first one really are not valid. It's a joke buddy, get over it.

I have edited my first post with a smiley face so internet gangsters like you won't call me a clown again.

No hard feelings. I know you were joking, I just wish you knew I was joking. :smile: Looks like we both have a sick sense of humor.

1) Water in the rear tail lights...... someone invent a sealed one, please.

2) Front spoiler black bolt-on extension.

3) Glass and truck strut cartridges wear out too easily. How about something stylish and can hold both open without interfering with access to spaces near them?

4) Flimsy truck liner..... $90K and no reflective heat liner to protect the truck from getting really hot? On top of the metal but below the trunk liner.

5) $90K and can't get a built in 3-6 disc in dash CD player/radio????

6) Visors(which I don't use anyway) don't turn to block the side windows.....

7) When the removable top is off it gives the same warning light as the sunroof is not secured... Couldn't there be a switch that works only if the sunroof is not properly secured?

8) Why can't the nut and bolt to secure the floormats be AT THE TOP of the floor mat and attaches to the floor board under the steering column instead of at the bottom near the seat mount??? Mine constantly slide up the side of the center console.... WTF!!!!

9) When the roof is off (daytime) I can't see the lighting on the clock or the radio. I have to go to the hand visor to screen away the sunlight.

10) With the roof off and window down there is a powerful pressure difference above the car and inside (inside greater pressure). I had three $20 bills sucked up and off the passenger seat onto the 110 Freeway near Orange Grove... I was pissed..... that's enough money for 5 gallons of gas...

That's all I can think of at the moment

Last edited:
You guys are ridiculous :p. Don't take this the wrong way but everything mentioned here are: things I like about the car, things I don't give a DAMN about, things I'm used to in my integra (horn for instance), or would turn an exotic car into a 4 door saloon! I guess it just makes me more at ease that I don't count any of these statements as 'flaws' and that it's the car for me :). I'd argue the points but most of them are just a matter of opinion.

The only one I count is the backlight on the console, what's up with that? ...sounds like my Toshiba G900 backlight. Luckily a windows mobile registry hack fixed that. I'm wonder if the NSX console has a registry ;-P.

ChongLee, check out nsxsupra on youtube. He's definately brought out the Type-R in that beast.

dyee, my Integra's cartridges only work if it's 100 degrees out...which happens, oh about twice a year :p. Seems like another Honda trait.

They do turn. Or is your complaint that they're too narrow and thus won't block the width of the side window?

8) Why can't the nut and bolt to secure the floormats be AT THE TOP of the floor mat and attaches to the floor board under the steering column instead of at the bottom near the seat mount??? Mine constantly slide up the side of the center console.... WTF!!!!
Your NSX has a bolt to secure the floormats - is this something aftermarket? My OEM floor mats just sit there (no hooks/bolts/etc to secure them) and have always stayed perfectly in place.

1) Water in the rear tail lights...... someone invent a sealed one, please.

2) Front spoiler black bolt-on extension.

3) Glass and truck strut cartridges wear out too easily. How about something stylish and can hold both open without interfering with access to spaces near them?

4) Flimsy truck liner..... $90K and no reflective heat liner to protect the truck from getting really hot? On top of the metal but below the trunk liner.

5) $90K and can't get a built in 3-6 disc in dash CD player/radio????

7) When the removable top is off it gives the same warning light as the sunroof is not secured... Couldn't there be a switch that works only if the sunroof is not properly secured?

9) When the roof is off (daytime) I can't see the lighting on the clock or the radio. I have to go to the hand visor to screen away the sunlight.

10) With the roof off and window down there is a powerful pressure difference above the car and inside (inside greater pressure). I had three $20 bills sucked up and off the passenger seat onto the 110 Freeway near Orange Grove... I was pissed..... that's enough money for 5 gallons of gas...

That's all I can think of at the moment

Bolt on spoiler makes it easy and cheap to replace when damaged by (insert obstruction here)

The struts do go quickish, but what are you trying to do in the trunk that they are in the way?

When you take the top off and place it in the engine cover the light does not show red. If it does, something is wrong.

Wife loves the fact that her coat is nice and warm when removed from trunk:biggrin:

I don't think music was the main concern with a car that has an optional stereo delet plate. The 6 cyclinder symphoney with headers/exhaust should be all you need.

Good pair of sun glasses will fix any sun visor issues.

Never had a floor mat issue. Could be due to running the seats all the way back.

This thread is about things you dislike, not why those things everyone else is complaining about are ok with me:confused:

I don't care for the steering wheel. It gets in my way of my knees when getting in and out of the car. I have to position myself to side in at an angle and roll out on to the floor when I get out. Make me feel like an old man.:tongue:

I don't care for the steering wheel. It gets in my way of my knees when getting in and out of the car. I have to position myself to side in at an angle and roll out on to the floor when I get out. Make me feel like an old man.:tongue:

+1

I remember watching my over weight dad crawling out of my Corvette when i was younger and thinking that if i ever had to work that hard to get out of a sports car that i would switch to a sedan. Well, im 29 years old and in pretty good shape but i have to stretch one leg under the steering wheel and slide in and out under it as well and its on the highest setting. They should have added an auto telescoping retract or something. That would have been nice. My dads Lexus has it and its a big sedan that doesnt need it at all no matter how big you are. I also have to drive kind of bow legged, straddleing the steering wheel because the seat doesn't go back far enough for me to fir my knees under the steering wheel. I have owned several other sports cars but this is the first one that i had knee clearance issues with and is also the first one that i need to watch the shoes i wear. I have to wear slimmer shoes than normal because most of my dress shoes and tennis shoes are too wide and will catch the other pedals.

I don't like having to pull up to the valet and put my right shoe on as i get out of the car but thats what i have to do when i wear dress shoes and drive the NSX.

I knew Schuey was joking and I was pretty sure yojack was also joking but this should be a lesson that sarcasm does not work on the internets. Thanks so much Al.

I hate that the car is not made anymore and that I didn't have 89k in US funds 3 years ago. I still don't.

Edit: Engine compartment not lined with 24 carat gold leaf resulting in lost ice cream in trunk.

Last edited:
Well, im 29 years old and in pretty good shape but i have to stretch one leg under the steering wheel and slide in and out under it as well and its on the highest setting. .... I have owned several other sports cars but this is the first one that i had knee clearance issues with and is also the first one that i need to watch the shoes i wear.

Dude! How tall are you?

LATZKE - the sunvisors on the targa are fixed in position, they don't move to the side windows, they're narrow and they don't completely cover the area above the inside rear-view mirror.

The coupe sunvisors do move to the side windows (and the coupe also gets that cute 3rd viser in the center, too, nice engineering)

LATZKE - the sunvisors on the targa are fixed in position, they don't move to the side windows, they're narrow and they don't completely cover the area above the inside rear-view mirror.

The coupe sunvisors do move to the side windows (and the coupe also gets that cute 3rd viser in the center, too, nice engineering)

Exactly, lots of wind in the cabin of targas with the roof off,so they designed it to be sturdy.

You do know about the tilt lever for the steering wheel right???:tongue:

Interesting info RE the T - don't know how I've never noticed that in others' NSXs. I don't know how you do without that third visor...mine is down 100% of the time (too much hassle putting it down/up when needed/not-needed.

I hate how I go through red lights with the visors down because I can't see that high.
Yah, I'm not tall by any means (5'10") and have to duck a little to see under the visor with it all the way forward (in the highest "down" position), though I suppose people over 6' don't use/need it (the roof is their visor).

I dislike the fact that at over 200 KM/h (125 Mls/h) the Targa roof starts making a lot of wind noise:eek:

I HATE the fact that at over 250 KM/h (155 Mls/h) the Targa roof starts to sound like it is gonna rip off at any moment:frown:

Haven't dared to go any faster yet..:mad:

I hate the climate control system and it hasn't worked properly since I bought it.

It worked for a while then crapped out -bought a new condenser bottle and recharged the system with R12. Climate control board was was fixed by Brian K and I think its crapped out again. Time to investigate as it works when it wants to. Damn I wish this cars A/C worked like all other Hondas and provided cold air...

I hate the climate control system and it hasn't worked properly since I bought it.

It worked for a while then crapped out -bought a new condenser bottle and recharged the system with R12. Climate control board was was fixed by Brian K and I think its crapped out again. Time to investigate as it works when it wants to. Damn I wish this cars A/C worked like all other Hondas and provided cold air...

I think that is an isolated incident.

NSXs are not known to have bad ACs. Mine works perfectly and blows cold air.

FLOYD you have one of the best NSX's then. Reception is not everywhere so a CD would be nice. I'm asian..... I don't need a visor and I don't need sunglasses..:wink:. My whining passengers always say something.... so I am. True.... the floor mat IS aftermarket. I guess there was no anticipation for mat movement with heel movement. You have nothing you hate about yours..... great!!! I do have a few issues so I posted in the thread titled "Things (I hate) irritate me about my NSX".... but HATE is a strong word... so I like to say irritants.

Back