• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This can't be good

Every year, I would have to top my clutch reservoir and it’s fine after. I got no leaks also... just topping it off give me back enough pressure. Very strange....

Every year, I would have to top my clutch reservoir and it’s fine after. I got no leaks also... just topping it off give me back enough pressure. Very strange....

And you are checking inside the cockpit for fluid loss as well, ie pulling back the carpet behind the pedals?

Just got back from the dealership. The pedal came back and everything works fine. They are ordering a new master and slave cylinder.

>Every year, I would have to top my clutch reservoir and it’s fine after. I got no leaks also

You DO have a leak. DO find it as brake fluid is highly corrosive and will destroy metal over time.

>They are ordering a new master and slave cylinder.

Consider:
1. Collecting your old parts and passing them off to somebody else on 'prime. They can be easily rebuilt with factory parts inexpensively.
2. For the DIY's, the use DOT 5 (not 5.1) fluid is a bonus, it is silicone-based and non-corrosive. It will extend the service life your parts to extreme long term. The existing fluid has to be completely cleared out and the reservoir clearly labeled as mixture with other types of brake fluid will do bad things. Note: It can't be used on ABS/ALB as it foams, but for strictly conventional systems it works great.

The one upside of this adventure is that the owner of the dealership let me take out a new NSX for a drive. :smile:

Back