• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Those with 2002+ NSX's

Following are various comments I have received from strangers and friends:

1. My NSX gets a fair amount of attention. However, I think my 996 turbo was noticed even more.

2. People are generally surprised they are still in production

3. Why did you buy an NSX? There are a lot of better performance cars for the money.

4. Nice looking car

5. It's a Honda?

6. How much power does it have? Surprised to hear it only has 290 hp and that it is not very quick.

7. That it is overpriced at $80k new

8. How do you like your MR2?

9. How does it handle? I tell them the truth.

10. Those brakes look tiny

11. I bet you will be bored of it within 6 months

12. I hate to tell you, but you made a big mistake selling your turbo Porsche

13. Call Mike at FactorX

14. It's the wrong car for you and will rank up there with SC400 you hated so much ten years ago

15. Is it faster than a ZO6?

16. Seriously, it's a Honda?

17. I get a lot of thumbs up (cheers at times) from pre-teen and teenage boys. I don't think it attracts womens attention much (at leat mine). I definitely had girls staring at me more in my Porsche. As a side note, my ZO6s in the past got even less attention from women.

18. Overpriced and outdated. You should have bought an RX-8, I did. I just shrugged my shoulders at that guy.

19. I saw this NSX at the Strip trap well over 130 MPH. Damn, that car was fast! (FactorX)

20. It kinda looks like one of them Ferraris

As you can tell, they were not all positive. Also, a lot of the comments are from people with high horsepower cars versus a stranger that know nothing about cars. Most of the positive remarks generally came from people who were not driving sports cars. The average enthusiasts seemed to have less enthusiasm/interest for the NSX. It seemed they were more impressed with cars like the ZO6, Supras, Vipers and modded Cobras.

Last edited:
Most people that bash NSX's and say they are too slow have never driven one. The reality is the NSX is still pretty quick. People have gotten 12.9 in the 1/4 mile with them. That is not slow. It just isn't as fast as a 911 turbo. Most of your comments about it being slow etc apply to any non-turbo 911 also. (minus the Gt3)

NetViper said:
Most people that bash NSX's and say they are too slow have never driven one. The reality is the NSX is still pretty quick. People have gotten 12.9 in the 1/4 mile with them. That is not slow. It just isn't as fast as a 911 turbo. Most of your comments about it being slow etc apply to any non-turbo 911 also. (minus the Gt3)

Hmm, coming from the guy with well over 450 hp in his NSX. Now your car is pretty quick! :biggrin:

Have you been bullying many C6 and C5 ZO6s around in the new ride? It would be great to hear some of your kills.

CerberusM5 said:
Following are various comments I have received from strangers and friends:

1. My NSX gets a fair amount of attention. However, I think my 996 turbo was noticed even more.
Sure about that? hummm :rolleyes:
IMHO: Porsche is just to common. Most people don’t even know the difference between a BOXTER, 911 and a turbo.
Not like the NSX there is that rarity and exoticness which lacks in the 996 or 997 unless u have a $440,000 Porsche Carrera GT.
But for a car enthusiast seeing a 996 Turbo on the road is pretty cool

(Again no offence. Just my opinion :smile: )

supra2nv said:
What are the general thoughts/opinions you get from people on your cars? What is the first comment they make if any? is it an attention getter?
He He!!! i think the "WOW" factor came with the car when i bought it. :biggrin:
PArking lots, Freeway, and Stoplights. It's like an Event when driving the car. :biggrin:

There was this one incident while I was stopped waiting for the light to turn green.
A Yellow/Blk 911c4 pulled up next to me and gave me thumbs up and rolled down his window and asked if my interior was custom. Told the guy that it was an option, he said “Man wish it was avail for my car when i got this baby.” As a gesture told him thanks and gave him thumbs up as we drove off. :biggrin:

amgnsx said:
Sure about that? hummm :rolleyes:
IMHO: Porsche is just to common. Most people don’t even know the difference between a BOXTER, 911 and a turbo.
Not like the NSX there is that rarity and exoticness which lacks in the 996 or 997 unless u have a $440,000 Porsche Carrera GT.
But for a car enthusiast seeing a 996 Turbo on the road is pretty cool

(Again no offence. Just my opinion :smile: )

I think so, then again, I generally don't look over at the person driving next to me. I agree that most people don't know the differnce between a standard Carrera and a turbo, but it is obvious they are not Boxsters. From the front the earlier 996 Carreras may have been mistaken for a Boxster, but from any other angle there is no resemblance.

I had a lowered Basalt Black turbo with black Techart wheels and it looked pretty sharp. It had a much more menacing look than my NSX.

Definetly the most common comment is that a corvette or that looks like a corvette. It definetly gets more attention from dudes than chicks, although the girls tend to mistake for a ferrari then a vette. I think the fact that mine is yellow makes it probably stand out more than the fact it is an NSX since there is no hiding that yellow :)

You will also get a lot of people asking how much you paid for it.

1. is that a C5?

2. Nice color, what is it?

3. how much hp do you have? thats it?

4. can i get a ride?

5. how fast have you gone?

6. how many tickets have you gotten?

7. lots of thumbs up

8. i like how low it is

9. WHAT! no CD player!

10. WHAT! no standard keyless entry!

list goes on..

and yah i get a lot more attention from guys than girls..most of the time they want to race

WeakestLink said:
A$$HOLE

One of the biggest downsides of the car.

Are you saying that people think you are an A-Hole for driving the NSX in an arrogant way? I wouldn't think the NSX comes off as pretentious. It is 15 years old and not what I would consider a status symbol.

YUMNA2 said:
2. Nice color, what is it?

Yep...

YUMNA2 said:
3. how much hp do you have? thats it?

Yep...

YUMNA2 said:
5. how fast have you gone?

Yep...

YUMNA2 said:
7. lots of thumbs up

Yep... and lots of WOWs, OOs and AHs... "Look, an NSX"...

YUMNA2 said:
8. i like how low it is

I usually hear... "Man it's low"

YUMNA2 said:
9. WHAT! no CD player!

No... mine came with one... :D

YUMNA2 said:
10. WHAT! no standard keyless entry!

No... mine came with one... :D

And from my passengers... "Everyone keeps looking at this car... guys and girls..."

NSX-Tuner said:
And from my passengers... "Everyone keeps looking at this car... guys and girls..."

Darn!!! i Missed that one.
yep.
my passengers say that alot too he he he, :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I forgot a popular cliche` I hear ocassionally from the muscle car and modded import crowd:

"The NSX is all show and no go"

CerberusM5 said:
I forgot a popular cliche` I hear ocassionally from the muscle car and modded import crowd:

"The NSX is all show and no go"

No go ha...
images

:D

I always hate the "how fast have you had it up to" question. I always think, "your pontiac gran prix will do about 120 mph--ever had it up there?" It's just so stupid...what, am i supposed to get a ticket for going 160 so i can tell people "yeah, i had it topped out''

Ceberusm5, im new here and am thinking of buying an nsx I think your avatar is really nice is that your x, also what kind of wheels are they and size 18/19 or 19/20. can you please post a better pic thank you.

Andy,

I'm not an aggressive driver but when I signal to cut into a lane, EVERYONE stops when I used to drive my MB wagon. NO ONE will let me in when I'm driving a yellow NSX (or 911 for that matter).

chumch said:
I always hate the "how fast have you had it up to" question. I always think, "your pontiac gran prix will do about 120 mph--ever had it up there?" It's just so stupid...what, am i supposed to get a ticket for going 160 so i can tell people "yeah, i had it topped out''

I agree 100%. Also, it takes a long stretch of road to reach 160 in the NSX, let alone the quoted top speed by Honda of 175. However, I don't think a stock NSX can even reach a true 170.

However, on the flip side, I think it's lame when so called enthusiasts buy cars such as Corvettes, Porsches and Vipers and they never break 100 or put the car through its paces in the corners. I look at those people as posers, since the only drive the car for image.

LOWBLUE320 said:
Ceberusm5, im new here and am thinking of buying an nsx I think your avatar is really nice is that your x, also what kind of wheels are they and size 18/19 or 19/20. can you please post a better pic thank you.

Andy,

Andy,

Yes, that's my slug :)

They are 18/19 HRE 840 series wheels.

oh yah and the most RANDOM question i've gotten is..

IS THAT A TYPE S!?!?

to which i said YES..YES IT IS :confused:

A bit off topic... But I have to chime in..

I have driven a few fast cars in my time, and I just couldn't care less how fast the car is. At some point it just doesn't matter any more. If a car does 0-60 in about 5 seconds; the thing is fast enough for driving down the highway. In the last couple years I have really become disenchanted with fast cars because we have no safe/legal way to use them. Track cars are another story..

I suppose everyone needs to experience "driving fast" before making this conclusion, but I am far more interested in the total package of a vehicle than in how "fast" it is.

To the people that say "290hp" is "that low" I would smile politely, and bite my tongue.

-Jeremy

jdc1687 said:
A bit off topic... But I have to chime in..

I have driven a few fast cars in my time, and I just couldn't care less how fast the car is. At some point it just doesn't matter any more. If a car does 0-60 in about 5 seconds; the thing is fast enough for driving down the highway. In the last couple years I have really become disenchanted with fast cars because we have no safe/legal way to use them. Track cars are another story..

I suppose everyone needs to experience "driving fast" before making this conclusion, but I am far more interested in the total package of a vehicle than in how "fast" it is.

To the people that say "290hp" is "that low" I would smile politely, and bite my tongue.

-Jeremy

To each his own. I believe you can drive a high horsepower car safely on public roads. You may not feel comfortable with high horsepower cars on the road, but a lot of people I know do.

Some people like to drive aggressively and get a thrill from a high horsepower car like a turbocharged ZO6 or Viper and others may be content with a low powered car like an RSX.

In my opinion the 290 hp in the NSX is barely adequate and does raise my pulse, but for you it might. Coming from a 240 horse M3, the 3.2 NSX will be faster. For me, things don't get interesting until at least 500 hp and start to get crazy after 800 hp. I have a friend who is twin turbocharging his Viper GTS to 1400 horsepower and I think that is crazy. For him it's normal. His current car has 1100 rwhp and outruns turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusas to 210 MPH. :eek: Now that is crazy to me.

Like I said, to each his own.

Back