• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

thoughts on the ferrari 360

i heard that these cars are an attempt by ferrar to offer a car as a true daily driver..ie very realiable..i have a freind who has one and he agrees...also comes with a three year unlimited mileage warranty!! seems like ferrari is pretty confident. any thoughts guys..maint is supposed to be quite reasonable..at least according to my buddy...ie reg oil change maint at say around five thousand miles would cost about fifteen hundred...any comments welcome.

ie reg oil change maint at say around five thousand miles would cost about fifteen hundred...

$1500?
eek.gif
That costs around $50 on the NSX, using synthetic oil.

How much does a major service (such as at 30K miles) cost on the 360?

NSXTASY,

It costs you $50 for an OIL CHANGE! DAMN! I used Mobile 1 synthetic and a fram oil filter and it cost me around 24 for the oil and 4 I think for the filter! But I guess I did it my self too.

I wonder how much it would cost if your friend changed his own oil on his 360? I understand its a Ferrari but 1500 for an oil change do they use lube when you take it up the ass? Oh wait is that 1500 Canadian??? Thats like what 60 US, right? LOL I'm just kidding! I'm a dual citizen so I can make jokes like that. Plus I used to live in Winnipeg. I think I'd still change my own oil, except if I'm in a hurry or lazy
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 05 October 2000).]

Originally posted by vtec:
...also comes with a three year unlimited mileage warranty!!

I don't think it makes any difference to some owners. How much mileage does Ferrari owners put on their car per year? Maybe 3-5k?
So what is the difference between "limited" and "unlimited" mileage warranty?
Sure there maybe soemone who use 360 as daily drivers and could take advantge of warranty but as far as I know, 99% of them are garage queens.

.maint is supposed to be quite reasonable..reg oil change maint at say around five thousand miles would cost about fifteen hundred...any comments welcome.

I don't think $1500/5k is reasonable. 355 costs about $200 including towing to the dealer in a flat bed.

How much mileage does Ferrari owners put on their car per year? Maybe 3-5k?

Not even. Look through places where used Ferraris are advertised (like Ferrari Market Letter, http://www.ferrarimarketletter.com/) and you'll find that most Ferraris get driven less than 2K miles per year.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 06 October 2000).]

NSXTASY,

It costs you $50 for an OIL CHANGE! DAMN

Depends on where you go. I usually pay $30-35 but I know some dealers charge up to $50.

How much does a major service (such as at 30K miles) cost on the 360?

I just called my local Ferrari dealer to ask. They don't know yet, since they haven't needed to do one (of course, for this new model). However, they said it would probably be similar to the cost of service on a 355.

They told me that a 30K mile service on a 355 costs around $4,500
eek.gif
, including 35-40 hours labor and $1500 in parts. This compares with around $800
biggrin.gif
for a 30K service on an NSX. And, with the NSX, they can do it in one day.

GUYS.. oil change is around 80-100$.. i meant to say a servicing at five thousand miles would be 1500$--not just the oil change..1500$ for an oil change..damm better be a beautiful naked girl changing my cars and my oil for that much..lol.. the 360 and even the 355 are much better servicing wise than the old 348 or tess's..on those u had to do valve adj not anymore..a clutch job including labor on the 360 is about four grand..

GUYS.. oil change is around 80-100$.. i meant to say a servicing at five thousand miles would be 1500$--not just the oil change

What would need servicing at five thousand miles besides changing the oil???

Just to summarize... during the first 30K miles of driving, if you change the oil every 2500 miles, the 360 would cost at least $12,600 in maintenance (five 5K services at $1500, one 30K service at $4500, and six oil changes at $100) and the NSX would cost $1,900 in service (one 15K service at $600, one $30K service at $800, and ten oil changes at $50).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 06 October 2000).]

I have a couple of friends who commute in 360s and I am very impressed with the cars. I will probably buy into the spyder waiting list soon.

The latest Ferraris are much more suitable for daily-drivers than previous models. The reason you see such low milage on the 360s for sale now is that they (1) have not been owned long and (2) are for sale buy dilettantes who never meant to keep and drive them. Both of the guys I know with 360s and all three of the people I know with 355s drive them to work every day.

Biophase,

I buy only Fram oil filters and I don't think it was REALLY $4 but I know it was cheap as hell. I just can't remember but the next time I'm in wal mart I'll check for you.

My good friend Nelson, aka ZABADNSX, had a recent run-in with a black 360 spider on the interstate while traveling home from a get together several of us Florida NSXrs were having. He said he came up on the guy and he was doing about 70 mph. The guy gave him the thumbs up and promptly downshifted and nailed it. Nelson's car is heavily modified: I/H/E, Dali chip, six speed w/4.55 gears...he stuck right with the Ferrari right up to 150 mph. He said they ran like that for about 15 miles! The 360 is a beautiful piece and who wouldn't love to own/drive one?! Kudos to Schuey and the boys for wrapping up the F1 championship at Suzuka this weekend.

As much as I love the NSX I'd consider the 360 in a heartbeat if I could justify it financially... just looking at a black one yesterday, it is IMO the sexiest car on the road today.

The outrageous service $$ is just one of the many things one learns to live with, this (just like the NSX) is a matter of passion and not logic, else we'd all be driving Civics.

Back