• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

thoughts on this BBSC'ed car? JH4NA1159NT000392

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104400
repost.:frown:
If you are interested, I would ask the current owner and make 100% certain that he has a reliable form of engine management to go with that time bomb BBSC. NOT the SS box that it probably came with unless it is the second generation which isn't much better than the 1st gen. JMHO

that's what I've heard about the BBSC, he doesn't list anything for engine management on the auction though

Its high $ for a salvage title, the last auction went for $25k, but the bidder flaked on him.

I was an early bidder in the auction, and he offered the car to me at this amount, but I was not interested - if you get it low enough, it could be worth parting out, leaving you with a stock/low mile daily driver.

I have called on this car and he is using the the SS box on a Novi1000. The car was totaled 13 some years ago which leads me to believe major damage was done due to the cars original value being so high. I'm actually going to look at the car this weekend and look it over. The car is about 2.5 hrs from me. The owner said that it is not in snap-ring range but I will check when I go to see it. It has low mileage and looks to be in good condition however we will see under closer inspection. It is definitely not worth the 31k asking price.

I have called on this car and he is using the the SS box on a Novi1000. The car was totaled 13 some years ago which leads me to believe major damage was done due to the cars original value being so high. I'm actually going to look at the car this weekend and look it over. The car is about 2.5 hrs from me. The owner said that it is not in snap-ring range but I will check when I go to see it. It has low mileage and looks to be in good condition however we will see under closer inspection. It is definitely not worth the 31k asking price.

let me know what you find :)

27k is alot for that car.

He offered this car to me for $26.6 a few weeks ago, and I passed - for him to be countering at $29.5 seems a bit absurd. At auction, with no reserve, I was outbid by a 0-feedback bidder to this amount ($26.6) and nobody (myself included) felt compelled to bid higher.

The market has spoken for this car, here is the 'no reserve' auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=160232721879

Even I was conflicted about my bid, as I made it prior to realizing the car had a salvage history. After the fact, in my head I was parting the car out, creating a driver for around $15-16k, but this is assuming the car is straight and clean, which is the big 'if', and includes a good deal of optimistic parting.

If you're serious about the car, he should be fully able to go to $26.5, but I would go through the car at length if I were you.

This car was Jerry's and it was smacked up at Watkins Glen during NSXPO 04. I dont remember the damage being that bad, we caravaned up the the event together. Pretty quick car if I recall.

Thats a SALVAGE AND WRECk..

This car was Jerry's and it was smacked up at Watkins Glen during NSXPO 04. I dont remember the damage being that bad, we caravaned up the the event together. Pretty quick car if I recall.

That's funny because he told me that the front clip was repaired because it drove under a truck/SUV, so ether someone was not honest with him or he is not being honest with me. Ether way anyone have picks of the damage? Any info would be helpfull you can PM me if you want.

That's funny because he told me that the front clip was repaired because it drove under a truck/SUV, so ether someone was not honest with him or he is not being honest with me. Ether way anyone have picks of the damage? Any info would be helpfull you can PM me if you want.

Is Jerry the current owner?

Back