• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing belt and water pump service cost

Can anyone give me a ballpark at what this service cost from the dealer.
Thx

I just had this service done...yesterday and the total came to about $2,500 and included replacing all fluids, hoses, belts, fuel filter, air filter cleaned and other things checked. I'm getting ready for a trip to Texas (Lubbock area) and wanted things taken care of.

Should be around $1800-$2200 depending on promotions and extent of service required.
Yup. A recent conversation with Muller's in Hoffman Estates had it at $1858 including parts, labor, and tax, with their $200 off promotional coupon.

Just a point of reference from the SouthEast. Local indy shop just quoted me ~$3000 for the TB/Water Pump service. The split was 50/50 for labor/parts cost. This is my 2nd time around with my '93.

This was an Acura NSX specialty shop so not sure if it would be cheaper at a dealer. But I would feel better taking it to this indy shop just for peace of mind.

Not a difficult job if...

Not sure where folks are with mechanical skills and tools; but, after performing my 90K service 5 times during my 25 years of ownership, with each time easier than before, the task is really not that bad. Just make sure to mark your existing T-belt and sprockets before removal. Also remove the transmission side motor mount to gain advantage as the motor is needed to pivot downward for easy access.

I was traveling a LOT last summer for work and realized that even though I could do the work, I just wouldn't have time and wanted to drive the car on the weekends I was free.

I spent $2177 here at a local shop for timing belt, water pump, and all radiator hoses replace, all with OEM parts. Dealer gave me a rough quote of 3,000. This was in the Milwaukee, WI area.

Today a local Honda dealer in FL quoted $4400 for complete major service including all belts including TB, water pump, coolant hoses, valve adjustment.

Today a local Honda dealer in FL quoted $4400 for complete major service including all belts including TB, water pump, coolant hoses, valve adjustment.

I was just quoted 600 from the same shop for valve adjustment, so about 3k total for what you would get done at a dealership. That's inline with the quote I got from Acura which I think was 3100 for timing belt and hoses.

Back