• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Timing belt replacement in Atlanta

Anyone know of a good 'inexpensive' shop in Atlanta? Acura Carland wants 2100. Ed Voyles about the same. an independent shop wants 1600.
I thought these prices had come down, I remember seeing prices between 800 and 1200 on a thread a while back. And that was parts and labor.
I already have the parts, I just need the shop. Thanks

^ +1

I third it - Eiffel does my work too. He knows em really well. Best around unless you might want to go to Nashville- didn't think so. Barney's up there - another ACE mechanic for the NSX, just in case you get stranded in Nashville.

So who did you get to perform your tb service??? I'm curious about who you chose and how much they charged?
And were you satisfied???

Eiffel is a thumbs up! Also, anyone in northeast near Mall of GA can go to Mall of GA Honda and ask for Fred (NSX Master Tech)who came from Carland in Duluth. He has worked on all my NSX's since 93. Just replaced o2 sensor on mine. Tell him AutoDentNSX (Tim) sent you.

Dennis,

When I had my timing belt replaced I had a list of things done. I didn't know about Eiffel at that time and upon getting a lot of advice from a fellow primer I drove my car from Houston to Nashville and had Barney, the Barn Man, do my work. He did a great job and did a lot of stuff all at the same time.

Now when I am having anything done I take it to Eiffel. We are very lucky to have an independant like Eiffel here in Atlanta. You get personal service and honest good work that you can depend on. I think very highly of Eiffel. I wouldn't consider anyone else here in Atlanta.

My 2 cents and no Eiffel does not pay me for these advertisements....lol. But he could if he wanted to...lol :biggrin: - just kidding Eiffel.

Hugo Barrios, He owns B&G Auto in Lawrenceville Georgia. He was the most reasonable I found and goes above and beyond. He is a 15yr Honda Tech that opened his own business. I have had two NSX's timing belts replaced there and a whole host of other maintenance and add on work completed there.

-M

Barney Barney Barney!!! NO one better in the region! ha ha :biggrin::biggrin:

I agree; but if you live in Atlanta there is no one better than Eiffel. From Atlanta to Nashville is 4 1/2 hours - not an easy round the corner drive. If you can't wait for him to finish the work - that's 4 1/2 hours twice. That's pretty hard to justify if you're not having a lot of work done! If it's basic service it's a no brainer. If you're having JDM gears installed and a list of things done - it could surely be worth it.

Just got my '95 with 21500 miles on it done. Eiffel did it and did it well.
We looked at the 16 year old belt and remarked that you could still read the printing in the back!!! No weathering or aging either. Water pump felt very smooth bearing wise....I also got new struts for both the rear hatches and the USA spec mp3 adaptor, so no more skipping cd's....
Thank you Eiffel!!!

glad you updated this thread NSX-Barque

nice to know there are so many places in the greater Atlanta area
but hopefully i'll be able to handle most things on my own

just completed my first thermostat replacement last week :biggrin:
(boy was that puppy stuck open, and it was interesting comparing the old one to the new one, both looked completely different in design)

the new one was a brand new 19301-P8E-A10, have an extra gasket cause i didn't know the thermostat would come with one

i'm guessing the old one was whatever had been in there from the factory
because i highly doubt that it had been replaced on a '92 that only had 33K miles on it and spent almost all of it's life in south Florida
plus, when removing the various components to get to it, nothing seemed like it had ever been removed before

should've taken some comparison pictures

Hey JCoolman,
I wouldn't mind looking over your shoulder the next time you perform surgery if you could stand it! I do real simple stuff on my Toyotas', but have not felt bold enough to tweak on the NSX.

Hey NSX-Barque,

You're welcome to drive down here to Warner Robins to watch me work my "magic", lol. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Funny side note, the day after I bought my NSX, I was already taking things apart. It was just to figure out what was up with the alarm system, but still sort of funny.

so out of curiosity what is Eiffel charing for TB/WP and what is done specifically for the price? I know $800-$1200 was thrown out earlier in this thread (not specific to Eiffel, just in general), but I cant imagine anyone can do TB/WP correctly for $800. There was a thread a while ago where LarryB broke down exactly what the parts alone cost and it was quite a bit.

Hugo Barrios, He owns B&G Auto in Lawrenceville Georgia. He was the most reasonable I found and goes above and beyond. He is a 15yr Honda Tech that opened his own business. I have had two NSX's timing belts replaced there and a whole host of other maintenance and add on work completed there.

-M

I agree...Hugo is terrific. Very thorough...very reasonable.

JLCoolman,
I know there is a very nice A/F museum down there. When you next have a major jones to wrench, let me know in advance!!!
MLambert,
You should call Eiffel himself. He is very helpful and will be straight with you.
Nice to know about Hugo. It is always good to have backup....

Can someone send me Eiffel's contact info? I've tried contacting him via prime and have not heard back from him.

If you try it on your own and live around Marietta-Kennesaw-Acworth, I can come by and give you some pointers...
Bill

Back