• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TIP: check your LED tail light screws!

Thanks for the tip!!!!
I was closing my trunk two days ago, and figured one of my cover was gone, and the screw was missing too.
May be that's why i heard a little rattle from the back when it's warming up.

I noticed the same thing just this weekend. There was a rattle coming from the trunk when I went to go put something in it and I noticed the whole LED strip shaking. A few minutes with a screwdriver and it was all fixed; if only all NSX issues could be handled so easily...

Great tip. I just checked mine. 3 of my tailight screws were not even screwed in!! thank goodness the caps held them in and i didnt lose any screws and caps.

do the caps just pry off with something that won't scratch the paint?,or is there more to taking them off to check the screws?

You can use your nails alone to do it; there's a notch in the caps you can dig into and yank at. Alternatively, a screwdriver wrapped in a cloth/tape works too.

thanks phoen$x and ff drifter.two of the screws were barely screwed in,and two others were loose.four of the caps pried off with my fingertips,they don't fit in too tightly.one cap was pretty tight and pried loose with a credit card,which i figured would be unlikely to scratch anything.

Thanks so much for the tip. One of my covers is missing and another had a screw loose. All taken care of now.

Finally got around to checking these 5 screws and found the 2 screws on the driver side were as loose as can be! Tightened everything up and popped the caps back on. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Back