• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tips for Sellers ... Want a quick sale?

I sold my car in 10 days and thought I would share some insight with other prospective sellers.

Before you advertise your NSX for sale you should...

1) Repair any items that are non-functional such as CCU, speakers, hatch struts etc. Its better to have everything fully functional. It's worth the time and energy to make sure everything works! It seems like there are a lot of cars for sale that needs this or that...

2) Make sure your maintenance is up to date and gather all your maintenance records so you can share them with prospective buyers. That way you can scan records and email them if necessary. This is one of the most important things when buying an NSX!

3) Be sure the tires have good tread on them. A lot of buyers are out of state and may want to drive it home and if the tires are worn then it will become an issue.

4) Remove your mods. Modding the NSX will limit your pool of interested buyers. People have different taste when it comes to mods. You will also recoup much more money if you sell your mods separately.

5) Clean the car inside and out. A good coat of wax really shows. Fresh vacuum marks on the mats helps also. It shows how much you care about the car. It amazes me when I see a car for sale with pictures of the interior with dirty floormats. :eek:

6) Take high resolution pictures! If you don't have a camera, then I suggest that you borrow one from a friend. Cell phone pics don't cut it. Take pictures in an area with some nice scenery. Try some in the shade and some in the sun. Take several from different angles. You can decide later which ones you like best for your advertisement.

7) Determine the best price. Research all the car websites along with the marketplace here on prime and see what other cars are for sale that might be comparable to yours.

When placing your Ad...

1) Its worth mentioning why you are selling and how long you have owned the car. More information is better!

2) List all the maintenance that you have done on the car. Not just the mileage...its the date that usually matters. I see this all the time where people just note the mileage for maintenance items.

3)Put as much detail in your ad as you can. I created a MS Word document and slowly added information as it became available and later cut and pasted it into the ad to make it easy.

4)Give out your cell phone number! You want people to get a hold of you, not email or an answering machine.

These may seem like common sense but I wanted to share what worked for me.

Good Luck!

GOOD STUFF.
Sorry to see you sell and hope you come back into the fold.
Hardest part (if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ever,,,,,,,,,,,,,) for me would be

=

that add (of course...... first here on Prime).

Best BIG D!

How about telling the TRUTH and no hidden surprises about the car. For example, "Power windows, A/C, etc.". Then later on you find out the car's air conditioning is not blowing cold but yes it has A/C.

You are absolutely correct. My Prime member seller did exactly as you said which gave me great confidence in he as an owner and the car being well maintained. The only thing he did which turned some people off was that some of his photos were so close of wear on the seats that it appeared that the wear was worse than it actually was. This turned out to be good for me as some of the buyers didn't bother with even looking at the car. I flew out and found that they were much less than they appeared and I bought he car on the spot and drove 1,300 trouble free miles home.

GOOD STUFF.
Sorry to see you sell and hope you come back into the fold.
Hardest part (if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ever,,,,,,,,,,,,,) for me would be

=

that add (of course...... first here on Prime).

Best BIG D!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to get another once my 3 daughters get through college.

You are absolutely correct. My Prime member seller did exactly as you said which gave me great confidence in he as an owner and the car being well maintained. The only thing he did which turned some people off was that some of his photos were so close of wear on the seats that it appeared that the wear was worse than it actually was. This turned out to be good for me as some of the buyers didn't bother with even looking at the car. I flew out and found that they were much less than they appeared and I bought he car on the spot and drove 1,300 trouble free miles home.

Its funny how too close up of a photo does that. Same thing with rock chips, close ups makes them look worse than they really are.

Big_D,
Good advice. Thank you for taking the time to share your input.

Later this month I'm planning on selling an Integra GS-R I bought new in 1998, and your post will come in handy when I write up the ad.

Big_D,
Good advice. Thank you for taking the time to share your input.

Later this month I'm planning on selling an Integra GS-R I bought new in 1998, and your post will come in handy when I write up the ad.

You are quite welcome!

Wow a 1 owner GS-R...that will probably sell quickly regardless :smile:

Back