• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire installer recommendations

So, I recently had to patch a nail hole in a tire and had the toughest time finding a tire shop that would do the job right without damaging the wheel.

Must have gone to or called 5 places. Thought I was taking crazy pills as I seemed to be the only person they'd ever encountered who didn't want to mare the wheel. Ended up having the job done by a young man at the Big O tire shop in Berkely, but I could tell he was the only one with experience doing it without using the machine to "bite" the inside of the wheel.

So, I have a new set of wheels coming soon and definitely want the tires mounted damage free. What shops do you guys recommend for tire installation? I'm in Alameda, so East Bay is best for me, but I'm willing to travel to have it done right.

Hmmm. It's a bit far but worth the drive imo. I'm in the sf area and I drive almost an hour to get there.

Check out auto innovations in milpitas. They have worked with all my aftermarket wheels and never had a scratch!

Alignment machine is also lowered car friendly.

i got my tires install on my meister wheels, at a shop next to mine in modesto CA. kansas tires and wheels modesto ca 95351
they have the new machine that won't scratch your wheels. i has stretch tires on mine and they did a great job on it. you could stand and watch them too.

TrackSpec Autosports in Fremont.

I've had good results with Orlando at Auto Innovations in Milpitas.

Back