• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire Jell MESS

Anyone know what I can use to remove tire jell? Specifically Black Magic tire jell. I put it on as directed and after a group run with extended high speed blasts found that it had slung all over the sides of the car. I let it dry overnight as directed and did not use an excessive amount. Just want to remove it from the tires. Its seems very resistant to most products I have tried. Thanks in advance. Gary

31PAZNPGC4L._AA280_.jpg

Use this next time.

After it dries SHINY there is nothing to sling.

an extra dose of a strong wash like NXT should remove it. if it doesn't try a paint cleaner like AIO to remove the sling.
Throw the black magic away...horrible products.
duragloss, zaino and poorboys make very nice tire dressings that won't sling and will look much better. poorboys is water based and dries instantly.

I had my car service at my local Honda dealer and I forgot to tell them no courtesy wash!!! I was lucky in that they did a not too bad job on that. Nothing that I could not solve with Zymol HD!!!

But they used lots of tyre dressing, so much that I was getting the TCS light on during some turns. I got home and scrub them with a heavy mix of a cheap car wash that I use on my work car and then jet wash them!

Tyre dressing can cause tyres to loose grip, more so bikes.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

AR

LoL, gotta be outta ur mind to put anything on your bike (motorcycle) tires, haha.

I wouldn't but there is always someone who would!

Back