• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tire size ? for the pro's!

I'm currently running 275-30-19 rears on 10 inch wheels. I would've sworn they were 275-35-19's. Anyway, what would I gain/lose running "35" series over "30" series? Should I just leave it alone? I need to order 2 tires this week is the reason I'm asking. I'm running "215's" on the front BTW if it matters. Thanks for any wise input.:smile:

David, I would not go to 35 series on a 19 inch tire. You are bound to have TCS problems.

The only benefit I can think of, is more sidewall, means more cushion for bumps, which means less chance of bending those iForged wheels! :smile:

Also, depending on the brand of tire you are running, it may have a more squared profile/sidewall giving the illusion of a fatter (i.e. 35 series) tire.

Btw, I personally prefer the look of 265/30/19's on a 10 inch wheel. Just hey, that's just me...

Last edited:
Also what tires are you wearing fron (ie brand and model) because you almost always want to match front and rear. So the option might come down to the availability of tire sizes in that lineup.

I can say that Tire calculators are awesome. But the problem is not all tires are the same overall diamater as the calculator states them to be. I was able to do my own trial and error.

I use 215/35/18 and 295/30/19 during the winter with all-season tires.
I use 235/30/18 and 315/25/19 during the summer with summer tires.

No TCS issues, but I do have a 97+ NSX, and no widebody.

I use 215/35/18 and 295/30/19 during the winter with all-season tires.
I use 235/30/18 and 315/25/19 during the summer with summer tires.

You need to take a break from NSXPrime, get your camera out, and take multiple pictures of your set up!!!

:smile:

David,

I ran falken 452 275/35/19's on my HP wheels and never regretted it. I decided to go this route because I got two bent rear rims from pot holes and such, and after having those fixed I didn't wanted to deal with that again. I had no TCS issues but the speedo was off a couple percentage points but I didn't mind that either for the peace of mind. I even like the meatier look of the rears with the 35 aspect ratio and the way it fills the fender wells out (with no rubbing) but that's just a personal preference. I have pictures of my setup included if you want to see what it would look like, only I was running 9.5 in the rear and not 10, so your tires would be a little less tall and more stretched out slightly. Some people like the stretched tire look, but I was put off by it's impracticality (with the Type-R suspension it was punishing). I also noticed road noise from the tires was reduced significantly and I never worried about my wheels anymore. You'll have to click on the pictures to zoom I think.

Oh yeah, they look massive when they're not on the car... I remember I was worried they wouldn't fit before I put them on! Maybe this picture conveys it?

Attachments

• DSC01553.jpg
    DSC01553.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 46
Back